Posted on Monday, May 14th, 2012 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits features all kinds, from Depression-era gangsters to noirish femme fatales to drunken school bus drivers. After the jump:
- Nick Swardson and Cheri Oteri board Grown-Ups 2
- Sin City: A Dame to Kill For gets its first teaser poster
- A new G.I. Joe: Retaliation image shows Cobra Commander
- Seth Grahame-Smith is a little intimidated by Beetlejuice 2
- Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz talk Tron: Uprising
- Paramount is letting a Godfather (book) prequel go forward
- Jon Favreau likes where Shane Black‘s Iron Man 3 is headed
Read More »
This edition of sequel bits has something for almost everyone. We’ve got the tweet girls, we’ve got the teen guys, we’ve got the family crowd, pet lovers and the horror crowd. After the jump read about the following:
- Barry Sonnenfeld confirmed that Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga are both aliens in MIB 3.
- Jessica Alba and Michelle Rodriguez will likely be back for Machette Kills
- Michael Madsen says he’s back for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.
- A new poster has been revealed for Piranha 3DD.
- The third (there was a second?) Beverly Hills Chihuahua film just got a release date.
- John Hawkes talks about preparing for Switch, a Jackie Brown prequel
Read More »
Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller have been talking about doing a Sin City sequel for seven years now. It seems like every interview they have given since the release of the 2005 graphic novel adaptation, they’ve teased that the project is almost ready to go. They’ve been doing this so long now that most film journalists have stopped reporting on the quotes. Well, it now appears that production is gearing up for the film as Dimension Films has sent out an official press release to announce such.
The sequel will be titled Frank Miller’s Sin City: A Dame To Kill For, and will be again directed by both Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller. Story details are being kept under wraps, but Miller promises that they are “going to shake things up and deliver a ferocious film experience that is going to go even further than the first.“ They’re also claiming that casting will begin next week, “with many of the original cast expected to return.” Shooting will begin this Summer. And with Rodriguez at the helm, we’d have to assume the second helping will be shot and distributed in 3D. Read the full press release after the jump.
Read More »