This summer, Pixar Animation made tears come out of our face all over again with their touching story Inside Out. As one clever chart pointed out, all the Pixar movies have been about giving non-human things feelings, right up through Inside Out where even the feelings had feelings.
And in honor of this summer’s emotional adventure inside the mind, Pixar fan Lindsay McCutcheon put together a wonderful montage of some of the most emotionally powerful moments from the history of the animation house’s feature films. Watch the fantastic Pixar emotions montage after the jump! Read More »
Andrew Stanton‘s Finding Nemo sequel Finding Dory was heavily teased on the D23 Expo show floor, and at Friday’s big animation presentation Stanton revealed some of the thinking behind the film, and offered some new footage to the crowd. Basically, his core questions were about Dory and her family. Could she find her way home if she was lost again? Who makes up her family?
In addition to talking up some of those ideas, the presentation revealed a new character: an octopus, voiced by Ed O’Neill. See an image of that newcomer and learn more below.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, June 23rd, 2015 by Angie Han
Inside Out stands out among the Pixar stable for a number of reasons, and one of those is its emphasis on female characters. The two main characters, Joy and Sadness, are both female. So is Riley, the 12-year-old kid in whose mind the whole film takes place. That’s quite a welcome change of pace from Pixar, which didn’t get its first female lead until 2012’s Brave — its 13th film.
But that’s not to say Pixar didn’t have great female characters before that. Though they’re typically relegated to supporting roles, sharp women and interesting girls have always been part of the Pixar canon. To celebrate the studio’s new girl-driven film, here’s a look back at some of their most memorable ladies. Read More »
Lots of updates and videos on new rides in this latest edition of Theme Park Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Watch video of James Franco riding the new Despicable Me ride…
- …and you can too with a new ride video.
- Star Wars won’t replace Finding Nemo at Disneyland.
- A CGI ride video of Disney’s latest, the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, is out.
- Updated Jungle Cruise ride is coming to Tokyo Disneyland.
- New photos from the construction of the Disneyland Paris Ratatouille Ride.
- Disney parks accused of discriminating against Autistic children.
- Oswald the Lucky Rabbit is now in Disney parks, at Tokyo Disneyland.
Read More »
2014 marks the opening of a brand new Pixar themed Disneyland thrill ride…in Paris. Below, watch an official teaser trailer for Ratatouille: The Totally Zany Adventures of Remy as well as the following:
- A tentative first phase of Star Wars Land has been green lit as Imagineers get Star Wars Episode VII info; plus more Disneyland rumors.
- Doc Brown’s Chicken at Universal Studios Hollywood has officially closed.
- What if Epcot’s World Showcase changed its theme entirely?
Read More »
Super packed edition of Theme Park Bits featuring lots of closings. Below, read about the following:
- The Back to the Future themed restaurant Doc Brown’s Chicken at Universal Hollywood is closing in January.
- The Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage at Disneyland is closing for refurbishment.
- Universal Studios Japan gets $250 million investment to build a Harry Potter park.
- A Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Shanghai Disneyland might use new technology.
- Check out an image of where Harry Potter land will be in California.
- Disneyland and Walt Disney World visitors can enjoy some Mary Poppins exclusives starting this week.
- See photo and video from the new Raving Rabbids, The Time Machine ride at Futuroscope in France.
- Rumor has it there might be a Warcraft presence at Universal Orlando in the future.
- Listen to some of the original sounds and music from the Haunted Mansion.
Read More »
The leader of the fishtank is coming back for Finding Dory, and he’s already started voice work. Oscar-nominee Willem Dafoe recently confirmed he reprising his role as Gill, the scared Moorish Idol who previously lived in an Australian dentist office, in the 2016 sequel to Finding Nemo. Plus, he’s already begun work on it and thinks the script is better than the original. Read More »
For all the hate, garbage and stupidity the Internet brings us on a daily basis, every once in a while it provides a global platform for something awesome. In this case, Jon Negroni‘s Pixar Theory. Negroni wrote a post that has been circulating since last week which goes through every single Pixar movie since Toy Story and surmises they’re all set in the same universe.
So, for example, the theory states Brave sets a precedent for why animals can interact with humans, which explains a lot of Ratatouille, which maybe inspired the characters in Up to invent tech to communicate with their animals, which possibly inspired the beginnings of Buy-N-Large from Wall-E, and so on and so on. It’s obviously much more detailed than that and I totally don’t believe it’s “real,” from Pixar’s perspective, but it’s a fun read that does make some sense.
Below, we’ll link to the original post and even show you a video that details it. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Pixar’s next big sequel, the Finding Nemo follow-up Finding Dory, will offer a starring role to Ellen Degeneres, who provided the voice of the fish Dory in the 2003 original.
On her show today, Ellen announced the film (just after the press release went out from Disney) and you can watch her fun little spiel for the project — complete with a history of her hope for the sequel — below. Read More »
Posted on Monday, September 10th, 2012 by Angie Han
A mostly lighthearted Sequel Bits covers everything from fish- and family-friendly animated adventures to R-rated wolf pack shenanigans. After the jump:
- Andrew Stanton‘s next project is Finding Nemo 2
- The Hangover Part III is now shooting in Los Angeles
- Heather Locklear and Molly Shannon join Scary Movie 5
- David Thewlis will play The Frog in Red 2
- Olga Kurkulina is Mother Russia in Kick-Ass 2
- The Rock destroys a ceiling in new Fast Six pic
- Silent Hill: Revelation 3D has a new poster
Read More »