This summer brings Finding Dory to theaters, the sequel to Pixar Animation’s hit film Finding Nemo from 13 years ago. The story follows Dory (voiced by Ellen DeGeneres) as she sets out to find her family. And as the new Finding Dory trailer illustrates, she lost them a long time ago, when she was a much younger fish. There’s also the introduction of the marine life institute that Dory gets arrives at when some divers find her caught in those pesky, plastic pop can rings. At the institute she meets a whole array of new colorful underwater friends who might be able to help her out.
Watch the new Finding Dory trailer after the jump. Read More »
Pixar’s next big sequel, the Finding Nemo follow-up Finding Dory, will offer a starring role to Ellen Degeneres, who provided the voice of the fish Dory in the 2003 original.
On her show today, Ellen announced the film (just after the press release went out from Disney) and you can watch her fun little spiel for the project — complete with a history of her hope for the sequel — below. Read More »
Andrew Stanton‘s rumored return to Pixar is now official. He’ll return with the sequel to Finding Nemo, called Finding Dory. The film will be released by Disney and Pixar on November 25, 2015. It takes place about a full year after the events of Finding Nemo and sees the return of Ellen DeGeneres as the title character. Albert Brooks is also expected to return, and we’ll see a slew of new characters including Dory’s family, who will be at the center of the story.
Read the full press release and check out the logo below. Read More »
Finding Nemo director Andrew Stanton had a rough year in 2012, but he’s going back to calmer waters for his next film. Stanton is set to direct Finding Nemo 2 for Pixar, and last year he recruited Ellen DeGeneres to reprise her role of Dory.
Now Albert Brooks has been signed as well, and so we can be fairly certain than Marlin will return for the sequel as well. Read More »
Posted on Monday, September 10th, 2012 by Angie Han
A mostly lighthearted Sequel Bits covers everything from fish- and family-friendly animated adventures to R-rated wolf pack shenanigans. After the jump:
- Andrew Stanton‘s next project is Finding Nemo 2
- The Hangover Part III is now shooting in Los Angeles
- Heather Locklear and Molly Shannon join Scary Movie 5
- David Thewlis will play The Frog in Red 2
- Olga Kurkulina is Mother Russia in Kick-Ass 2
- The Rock destroys a ceiling in new Fast Six pic
- Silent Hill: Revelation 3D has a new poster
Read More »
When it was announced last month that Pixar was developing a sequel to Finding Nemo, we pretty much assumed that all the creatives would be back for the follow-up. Writer/director Andrew Stanton had never been excited about doing a sequel but it was revealed he was on board and that the braintrust “has a concept the studio loves.”
So it comes as no surprise that the Hollywood trades are reporting that Ellen DeGeneres is in talks to return for the sequel. DeGeneres has been publicly pushing for a sequel on her long-running daytime talk show for almost a decade, so it’s doubtful that she’d say no.
Read More »
Andrew Stanton has always said if he finds the right idea for a Finding Nemo sequel, he’ll do it. That idea must have come to him. Deadline reports that Stanton has now “officially come on board” a sequel to the 2003 Oscar winner and “has a concept the studio loves.” Read more after the jump. Read More »
Sequels in all stages of production – from hypothetical, to development, greenlit, filming and finished – are all featured in today’s Sequel Bits. After the jump read about the following:
- A prequel to the video game Tekken might be on the way from the director of Ong Bak. Or not according to the creator.
- Not only would Andrew Stanton be open to making Finding Nemo 2, he feels Pixar will continue to make sequels after Monsters University and beyond.
- Watch an awesome 15 minute interview with Rick Baker, in his studio, talking Men in Black 3 monsters.
- Men in Black 3 didn’t have a lot of deleted scenes.
- Check out a teaser poster for Red 2
- Iron Man 3 starts shooting today and just got their budget increased.
- Mad Max: Fury Road with Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron starts shooting June 2.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
In response to the oil spill disaster, Spanish website The Blog of Chibiboto published a bunch of proposed movie posters for Finding Nemo 2, a co production of Disney/Pixar and BP. The film’s title should probably be called “Saving Nemo”. Check out a couple other poster designs after the jump.
Read More »