Is Superman getting a new costume in the comic books? Was Ewan McGregor up for Doctor Strange? How long is Ezra Miller willing to play The Flash? Who might be auditioning to play Marvel’s Iron Fist? What’s the latest comic book that Sony Pictures picked up? Want to see a new iZombie promo? Who is the villain in Supergirl? Which film is about to link with Agent Carter? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
From the set of The Force Awakens, to its concept art and everything in between, it’s a busy day in Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Read how J.J. Abrams reacted when Harrison Ford got hurt on the set of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Ewan McGregor is still waiting for his Star Wars standalone phone call, plus comments on Kylo Ren’s lightsaber.
- Could a Han Solo video game be in the works?
- Billie Lourd is most certainly in The Force Awakens.
- See a cool prequel easter egg in Star Wars #1 and read about more secrets in the book.
- Darth Vader #1 is a bit hit already, plus new variant covers.
- Jessica Chastain would love to be in a Star Wars movie.
- J.J. Abrams used Disney codenames on the set of The Force Awakens.
- More video of Dave Filoni, Killian Plunkett and Henry Gilroy talking Star Wars Rebels.
- A potential location is The Force Awakens is described, as are some new characters and an action scene.
Read More »
In Rodrigo Garcia‘s beautiful and lush film Last Days in the Desert, the journey is uncertain for a while. We follow Jesus, played by Ewan McGregor, as he enters the desert on a journey for truth. “Father, speak to me,” he says. As he walks and thinks, he begins to see visions of Satan, also played by McGregor. He meets a family out in the desert, and the audience may initially wonder what those people are doing out there. But eventually it clicks. We realize the point, just as Jesus probably realizes the point in the narrative, and the film blossoms into something beautiful but not entirely fulfilling. Read more of our Last Days in the Desert review below. Read More »
Ladies and gentleman, may we present to you the first confirmed photo of Jesus. He’s played by Ewan McGregor and you can see him in Park City, Utah next month.
One of the standout films on the recent list of narrative Premieres at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival was Last Days in the Desert, Rodrigo Garcia‘s film that dramatizes Jesus’s 40 days spent fasting in the desert. McGregor stars not only as Jesus, but as the devil as well, who confronts and tempts the son of God during his epic struggle.
Now, the first image from the film has been revealed. That’s not it above. The image isn’t in any way offensive but it definitely puts a bigger spotlight on this sure to be controversial film. Check out the Ewan McGregor Jesus image below. Read More »
In Son of a Gun Ewan McGregor and Brenton Thwaites are prisoners in a West Australian prison, where McGregor offers the younger Thwaites protection inside in exchange for help breaking out, which leads to the two pulling a big job outside. Once out of prison, there’s a gold heist, and a sense that betrayal is only a moment away, and the allure of the enigmatic and possibly criminally seasoned woman played by Alicia Vikander. Check out the Son of a Gun trailer after the break. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Tuesday, November 11th, 2014 by Angie Han
If you’re starting to wonder if Johnny Depp is picking all of his movies based on how ridiculous they let him look, Mortdecai won’t do much to dispel that notion. Depp leads the comedy caper as “debonair art dealer and part time rogue Charlie Mortdecai,” who’s tasked with tracking down a painting something something Nazi gold. It doesn’t really matter, because the whole movie is really just Depp’s excuse to sport a fake mustache/accent combo that rivals the one in Tusk. Watch the latest Mortdecai trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, November 4th, 2014 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- Lili Taylor and Barry Pepper join The Scorch Trials
- J.K. Rowling writes a bunch more Harry Potter stories
- Ewan McGregor says Trainspotting 2 will shoot in 2016
- Keanu Reeves hasn’t made a final decision on Bill & Ted 3
- The cast of Magic Mike XXL gathers for a class photo
- See Natasha Lyonne in a Beetlejuice 2 parody
- Enjoy a bunch of new clips from Dumb and Dumber To
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, October 15th, 2014 by Angie Han
For a while there, it looked like the Doctor Strange casting rumors were finally coming to a rest. Then Joaquin Phoenix decided he didn’t want to do the movie after all. That sent Marvel back to square one, and the rest of us gossiping and speculating all over again about who might get the part.
A couple weeks ago, we got word Ethan Hawke was up for the role, and yesterday we heard Ewan McGregor was being looked at as well. Now a new report reveals several more names on the shortlist: Matthew McConaughey, Jake Gyllenhaal, Oscar Isaac, and Jared Leto (again). Hit the jump for all the latest Doctor Strange shortlist.
Read More »
Monday, a massive piece of Marvel’s Phase Three fell into place as Robert Downey Jr. joined the cast of Captain America 3. Today, another major piece is continuing to take shape.
Marvel Studio’s Doctor Strange, directed by Scott Derrickson, is expected to be released July 8, 2016. It’s also expected to shoot in London beginning in 2015. What they’re missing is a star. Joaquin Phoenix was close to signing until that fell through and Marvel found themselves back at square one. Now, the latest name to be rumored for the goatee and cape is Ewan McGregor.
Read more about Ewan McGregor Doctor Strange below. Read More »