Posted on Wednesday, June 26th, 2013 by Angie Han
Rick Moranis isn’t locked in for Ghostbusters 3 yet, but if you’re curious where he thinks his character Louis Tully would’ve ended up, he has some ideas. Also after the jump:
- Peter Jackson discusses the extended cut An Unexpected Journey
- … and you can check out new behind-the-scenes pic from Desolation of Smaug
- Jack Horner says the most recent Jurassic Park 4 plot “didn’t pass muster”
- Lorenzo di Bonaventura has been in touch with actors about Red 3
- Aussie electronic duo Empire of the Sun will score Dumb and Dumber To
- Benjamin Bratt talks about replacing Al Pacino in Despicable Me 2
- Doug Jones is still holding out hope for a third Hellboy
- Val Kilmer‘s Heat sequel idea involves being married to Natalie Portman
- See a poster for Warwick Davis‘ (fake) proposed Willow sequel
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
We’ve seen a couple looks at Evangeline Lilly‘s new Hobbit character, Tauriel, in production photos and a behind the scenes video. But the shot above is part of the first official look at Lilly’s character as she’ll be seen in the film proper. Along with that is a bit more info about Tauriel, which you can get below. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, May 28th, 2013 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits are ordered from least to most family-friendly, just because. After the jump:
- Casting call reveals Human Centipede 3 plot details
- Take a first peek at Chucky in Curse of Chucky
- First teaser photo from Insidious Chapter 2 revealed
- Set photos from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes show a run-down San Francisco
- Evangeline Lilly chats about her new Hobbit character Tauriel
- You’ll be able to watch Despicable Me 2 with special minion-inspired 3D glasses
- Another Dolphin Tale is shooting this fall
Read More »
While initial trailers for The Hobbit have some footage that will likely be in the second chapter, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (as the trailers were crafted before the adaptation was split into three parts) the first “official” look at the second movie came via a live web event for those who bought The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey on Blu-ray or DVD.
Now Peter Jackson has posted a condensed version of that live event for everyone to see, and the six-minute clip has the writer/director answering questions about the film, as well as some behind-the-scenes views of scenes from The Desolation of Smaug. You’ll see Luke Evans as Bard the Bowman, and Evangeline Lilly as the elf Tauriel, among other things
And there are even appearances from Stephen Colbert, who asks a pretty hyper-detailed question about Jackson’s Middle-Earth, and Lord of the Rings actor Billy Boyd. Read More »
Posted on Monday, March 25th, 2013 by Angie Han
Who wants to see the first trailer from The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug? Well, too bad, because it’s not coming for another few months. Also after the jump:
- Anchorman: The Legend Continues goes ice skating
- The sequel to Gareth Edwards‘ Monsters starts filming
- The Muppets… Again! adds two fine English actors
- See a new image from Edgar Wright‘s The World’s End
- And familiar-looking one for The Hangover Part III
- Scary Movie 5 has a relatively inoffensive TV spot
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, September 26th, 2012 by Angie Han
Peter Jackson‘s abiding affection for J.R.R. Tolkien‘s works is well established at this point, and as such it’s probably safe to expect his three-part adaptation of The Hobbit to remain relatively faithful to the source material. But no story goes from page to screen without getting a few tweaks along the way. One of Jackson’s is the addition of a Tauriel, a Woodland Elf created specifically for the movie and portrayed by Lost actress Evangeline Lilly.
Since the character has no counterpart in the novel, up until now it’s been anyone’s guess what she’d look like in the movie. Thanks to the upcoming onslaught of product tie-ins, however, we now have our first peek at the new character. Check it out after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, August 1st, 2012 by Angie Han
Paramount’s Jack Ryan reboot has had its share of false starts, but the fact that it’s finally begun casting in earnest can only be a positive sign. Chris Pine‘s been attached to play the beloved Tom Clancy creation for years, but he’s been all alone in the spotlight.
That changed a few weeks ago when director Kenneth Branagh (who got the helming gig back in March) cast himself as the villain, and now he’s narrowing down the possibilities for the female lead role as well. On that short list are Keira Knightley, Felicity Jones, and Evangeline Lilly. More after the jump.
Read More »
Ten years ago this week The Fellowship of the Ring was released. Peter Jackson‘s first Tolkien adaption silenced a great many naysayers who said J.R.R. Tolkien‘s novels could never be properly translated to film. It also fostered a mainstream interest in fantasy movies that continues a decade later.
The development of a film based on Tolkien’s original Middle-Earth novel, The Hobbit, was the subject of speculation as soon as Jackson started work on The Lord of the Rings. Actually making the movie was a terrifically complicated process that involved rights deals, the financial solvency of MGM, a long period of development under original director Guillermo del Toro, and the eventual return of Peter Jackson to the director’s chair.
Now the first teaser trailer — a long teaser, at that — has been released for the first of two films based on the novel. Get the first look at footage from The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, after the break. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web: