Posted on Wednesday, March 26th, 2014 by Angie Han
If I asked you to name the most iconic movie franchise of all time, would you say Transformers? Mark Wahlberg would — and he’s pretty sure the new one will be the biggest film of 2014. Also after the jump:
- Transformers 4 will use the Dolby Atmos sound system
- Ninja Turtles, Minions, and more are getting special 3D glasses
- Dwayne Johnson says Jon M. Chu won’t be back for G.I. Joe 3
- Lego Movie co-financer will not be asked back for the sequel
- Get updates on the Dark Crystal and Fraggle Rock movies
- Leland Orser, of Taken and Taken 2, will return for Taken 3
- Neal McDonough will be the bad guy in Paul Blart 2
- Jurassic World is looking for extras in Louisiana
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson was, many years ago, tied to a Shazam film, to play the villainous Black Adam. He’s also been connected to a big-screen adventure starring the character Lobo. Neither project went anywhere; both have seemed more or less dead in the past couple years. But during his promotion of Hercules, The Rock teased a DC Comics project, and his description sounds like it could be one of those two characters.
Read More »
The Hercules trailer is upon us. Directed by Brett Ratner, someone known more for comedic action than epic mythological stuff, it features Dwayne Johnson doing what Dwayne Johnson does best – kicking butt and taking names with his shirt off.
With this adaptation of the graphic novel Hercules: The Thracian Wars, Ratner and Johnson are aiming to bring the mythic hero to the big screen on a scale we’ve never seen before. Did they succeed? Watch the first Hercules trailer below. Read More »
Thanks to Dwayne Johnson’s social media presence we’ve seen quite a few teasing behind the scenes glimpses of The Rock as Hercules. He’s starring in 2014′s other Hercules movie, the big one, which opens in July. Now we’ve got the first official look at the Rock as the hero of myth and legend. We’ll see a trailer for the Brett Ratner-directed film on Tuesday, but after the break you can see two rather different still images.
Update: The film’s first poster has also been released, and you can see that below.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, March 17th, 2014 by Angie Han
Many Southern California residents were awoken this morning by a 4.4-magnitude earthquake, so it seems entirely appropriate that we’ve just received some updates on a movie that’s all about a massive California earthquake.
Directed by Brad Peyton, San Andreas stars Johnson as a man who must rescue his daughter when the ground in California starts shaking. Though the movie isn’t due for another year, it’s coming along nicely. Carla Gugino recently signed on to play Johnson’s ex, and now Johnson has unveiled a sneak peek image from the film. Hit the jump to get an eyeful.
Read More »
Finally, The Rock has come back to TV! Dwayne Johnson is quickly becoming one of the biggest action stars in the world, but he’ll soon put that aside to headline a new HBO show called Ballers. The half-hour dramedy follow a group of former and current football players and was just picked up to series. It’s being produced by its own all-star team including Mark Wahlberg, Peter Berg, who’ll direct the pilot, and Entourage‘s Stephen Levinson, who wrote the script. Read More »
2013 was the year of teases from Vin Diesel. Maybe that gave his Fast & Furious co-star Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson some ideas, because the Rock is now doing a tease of his own. In answer to fan questions via Twitter today, the star said “We just had a big meeting w/ Warner Bros CEO re: @DCComics 2014 we will partner up and create the cool bad assery. #RockTalk”
What’s he alluding to, and is it a movie, or a comic book project? Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Thursday, December 12th, 2013 by Angie Han
How often do you get to jump from Hotel Transylvania 2 to The Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence) in just a few lines? After the jump:
- The Inbetweeners Movie 2 adds a Pitch Perfect star
- Peter Berg wants to do The Rundown 2 with Dwayne Johnson
- Frank Miller‘s Xerxes won’t arrive in time for the 300 premiere
- Read the updated synopsis for 22 Jump Street
- Watch a new set video from Transformers: Age of Extinction
- Hotel Transylvania 2 gets some promotional art
- And so does The Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence)
- Leaked art from the new Alien game teases Ripley’s kid, maybe
Read More »