Maximum PC has a bunch of spy shots from the still-being-set-up Comic-Con show floor, most of which isn’t too interesting (boxes being unpacked, displays being assembled). The one that caught my attention is this advertisement for the Screen Gems film Legion. The image of an angel holding a knife and a gun is very striking.
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, January 21st, 2009 by Brendon Connelly
Two of the only three members of The Hobbit‘s cast that I think we can so far bank on (the third being Ian McKellen) are set to make appearances in two separate music biopics before hand.
Firstly, Andy Serkis is to play Ian Dury in a film of the Blockhead’s life. He said “I’m actually doing a film in April about the life of Ian Dury, who’s a proto-punk rocker in the 1970s. He’s an amazing character, a real poet. He sort of came up out of the British pub rock scene. He sort of pre-empted the Sex Pistols and the whole punk movement. And he was a polio sufferer, so he basically didn’t have much use of his left leg or his left arm.”
This is perfect casting. If you don’t believe me, check out video of Ian Drury performing.
BadTaste.it has two new international movie posters for Hellboy II: The Golden Army. One of the character posters features Prince Nuada (Luke Goss), the other, the Angel of Death (Doug Jones). Click on the photo above to see the images slightly larger. I’m surprised that the U.S. character banners don’t feature any of the more visually interesting characters introduced in this new film, sticking to the three main leads: Hellboy, Liz and Abe Sapien. Hellboy 2 hits theaters in the States on July 11th 2008.
Hellboy writer/director Guillermo del Toro has revealed the full cast line-up for Hellboy 2: The Golden Army. Let’s take a look:
- Ron Perlman and Selma Blair return to star.
- John Hurt (V For Vendetta, Alien) returns for a cameo.
- Rupert Evans (who played John Myers in the original) will not be returning.
- The script includes a brief cameo/epilogue for Karl Ruprecht Kroenen (played in the original by Ladislav Beran), but it has not yet been approved by Universal.
- John Alexander (body) and Thomas Kretschmann (voice) will play Johann Kraus, a disembodied ectoplasmic spirit with psychic abilities who maintains a tangible form via a containment suit.
- Doug Jones (Hellboy, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer) will play 4 characters.
- Brian Steele (Hellboy, Doom) will play 4 characters.
- Anna Walton (The Mutant Chronicles) will play Princess Nuala.
- Luke Goss (Blade II) plays Prince Nuada.
- Roy Dotrice (Swimming With Sharks, Amadeus) plays King Balor
The movie starts filming this Friday (June 8th) in Budapest. Hellboy 2: The Golden Army hits theaters on August 1st 2008.