Posted on Friday, April 8th, 2016 by Angie Han
It may be hard to imagine now, what with spring just barely starting to creep in across much of the country, but there will come a time in the not-too-distant future when you’re sweltering in the summer heat. When that day comes, you might welcome some spine-tingling chills to turn the blood in your veins to ice. And when you’re looking for something to do just that, The Bye Bye Man hopes you’ll give it a spin.
Directed by Stacy Title, the horror-thriller centers on a group of college kids who come across the “Bye Bye Man,” a mysterious and malevolent force. It turns out this monster has a nasty habit of possessing people and committing unspeakable atrocities. Oh, and he’s played by the wonderful Doug Jones, which makes him seem more interesting already. Watch the Bye Bye Man trailer after the jump. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Friday, June 5th, 2015 by Angie Han
Ron Perlman has been trying for years to make Hellboy 3 a reality, and even seven years later he isn’t giving up. The actor took to social media to rally fan support for his dream project. This time, he got co-stars Doug Jones, Selma Blair, and Jeffrey Tambor to chime in as well. See the Ron Perlman Hellboy 3 campaign after the jump. Read More »
Entertainment Weekly has released a faux public service announcement with character actors explaining why you should care about “that guy from that thing” more than “that guy on the billboard.” Character actors are supporting actors who are usually skilled at playing interesting or unusual characters, but not usually the lead roles in a film. They are the unsung heroes of Hollywood. Watch the character actor PSA video embedded now after the jump.
Read More »
Guardians of the Galaxy might be Marvel’s most elaborate film to date when it comes to easter eggs. I’ve watched the film twice now and have noticed a ton of inside jokes, references to characters from the comic books, 1980’s callbacks and more.I attempted to compile the most complete listing of Guardians of the Galaxy easter eggs, including (possible spoilers teased in the following):
- Who is Peter Quill’s father? Does Peter Quill’s mother have a relationship with Captain America?
- The geography of the four revealed Infinity Gems (which stones have been revealed and where are they?)
- Many Marvel comic book characters you didn’t see appear in Guardians (including a prominent female Krylorian techno-artist)
- A look at many of the treasures which can be seen inside The Collector’s museum (who or what is in the cocoon?)
- 8 cameo appearances from filmmakers, actors and even pets revealed (Nathan Fillion and Seth Green, where?)
- The stars behind the CG characters (who played Rocket on set?)
- A look at the 1980’s pop culture references in the film (did you know Star-Lord’s ship is named after a 1980’s television star?)
- How the comic book canon differs from what appeared on screen
- Funny credits and more
Take a look at /Film’s Guardians of the Galaxy easter egg list after the jump.
Read More »
At Comic Con 2010, Guillermo del Toro surprised the crowd at Disney’s Hall H panel by publicly announcing that he would be producing (and probably directing) a new big screen adaptation of the classic Disneyland attraction The Haunted Mansion. Its been almost four years since that announcement, and development is still on going. Del Toro offered a new update on the project during his Reddit AMA. Find out what the filmmaker said about the development of the Haunted Mansion movie adaptation including details of new screenwriters and Doug Jones Hat Box Ghost development art, after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Tuesday, November 26th, 2013 by Angie Han
If you adore films about people who are trapped in an enclosed space and forced to fight to the death, as the fates of their loved ones hangs in the balance, you probably went out of your way to see The Hunger Games: Catching Fire this past weekend. If you then walked out of the theater disappointed because it wasn’t nearly bloody and gritty and grown-up enough, then Raze may be the film for you.
Directed by Josh C. Waller, this action-horror stars Zoë Bell (Death Proof) and Rachel Nichols as two women who are abducted and wake to find themselves in a concrete bunker with 48 other women. They then realize that they must kill the others, because if they refuse to fight or lose, their families will suffer. Tracie Thoms, Doug Jones, Sherilyn Fenn, and Bruce Thomas also star. Watch the trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, June 26th, 2013 by Angie Han
Rick Moranis isn’t locked in for Ghostbusters 3 yet, but if you’re curious where he thinks his character Louis Tully would’ve ended up, he has some ideas. Also after the jump:
- Peter Jackson discusses the extended cut An Unexpected Journey
- … and you can check out new behind-the-scenes pic from Desolation of Smaug
- Jack Horner says the most recent Jurassic Park 4 plot “didn’t pass muster”
- Lorenzo di Bonaventura has been in touch with actors about Red 3
- Aussie electronic duo Empire of the Sun will score Dumb and Dumber To
- Benjamin Bratt talks about replacing Al Pacino in Despicable Me 2
- Doug Jones is still holding out hope for a third Hellboy
- Val Kilmer‘s Heat sequel idea involves being married to Natalie Portman
- See a poster for Warwick Davis‘ (fake) proposed Willow sequel
Read More »
Posted on Friday, August 24th, 2012 by Angie Han
Who wants clues on Sherlock‘s upcoming third season? After the jump:
- Sherlock creators tease three key words for Season 3
- Fox orders six more scripts for Season 3 of Bob’s Burgers
- Which DC superheroes won’t appear in The CW’s Arrow?
- Palpatine wants to be in the Star Wars live-action series
- Robert Sean Leonard and Doug Jones join Falling Skies
- Thomas Middleditch is Dwight Schrute’s slacker brother
Read More »
Want to read a slew of positive, negative and funny reactions to The Avengers trailer? What’s the latest costume worn by Henry Cavill in Man of Steel? Is the latest set video to be release from The Dark Knight Rises the best one yet? Could Catwoman kick any more ass in Batman: Year One? Which HBO star was just cast in The The Dark Knight Rises? How does The Amazing Spider-Man look in toy form? Does The Avengers fit into the Joss Whedonverse? And what DC superheros are ready for their Lego close up? Read all of this and much more in today’s massive 100th edition of Superhero Bits! Read More »