The Expendables 2 came out a year ago and, since then, rumors about its sequel have popped up almost weekly. Many actors have been rumored, and some confirmed: Cage, Seagal, Snipes, Gibson, Ford, you name it.
Well, The Expendables 3, directed by Patrick Hughes, began production Monday and the full cast list for the film has finally been revealed. Most of this has been reported already but, just so you have it all in one place, check out the list below, along with a new plot description. Read More »
It’s a slow news day, and this caught my eye during lunch. I saw Dolph Lundgren, star of Universal Soldier, Rocky IV and The Expendables, as the host of a game show. But not just any game show. This game show recreates famous movie scenes so that fans can experience them, and compete for prizes while doing so. Many of the scenes are recreated in the same places famous filmmakers like Robert Zemeckis, James Cameron, Quentin Tarantino and Steven Spielberg originally used to create them. The show is called Race To the Scene and it premieres tonight. How the heck am I just hearing about this?
Now I have not yet seen the show, but the combination of Lundgren and movie scenes got me instantly intrigued and my DVR has been set. The show premieres tonight, June 6, at 9 p.m. EST on the Reelz Channel. Check out the trailer below. Read More »
In just over a week Jon M. Chu will finally see his delayed G.I. Joe: Retaliation open in theaters, which means he can truly move on to his next project. That is looking like it could be Masters of the Universe, based on the line of toys and accompanying advertisement cartoon series. Another film was once made based on the property, with Dolph Lundren starring as the alien warrior prince He-Man.
Naturally, despite the fact that no one really liked that version of Masters of the Universe when it was released, and few people like it now for anything other than a dose of kitsch, people are asking about the idea of Lundgren appearing in the new film. And because this is Hollywood, that could be enough to make it happen. Read More »
Posted on Friday, January 25th, 2013 by Angie Han
There’s been some talk already about whether Harrison Ford might return for the Blade Runner sequel, but now Sean Young would like to express her interest in the new film as well. Read her comments after the jump. Also:
- Expendables 3 will shoot this fall, says Dolph Lundgren
- Skyfall hits digital HD and then Blu-ray/DVD next month
- The Best Man sequel will bring back the original cast
- WWE’s new Leprechaun movie will be “a little darker”
- Flip through more images from Before Midnight
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, October 24th, 2012 by Angie Han
A few sequel-related odds and ends for the afternoon. After the jump:
- David Paymer lands a role as a diplomat in Jack Ryan
- Katt Williams is the latest to sign up for Scary Movie 5
- Sam Mendes probably won’t direct more Bond movies
- Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning goes red-band
Read More »
Posted on Friday, September 14th, 2012 by Angie Han
My favorite Sequel Bits are the ones with a little something for everyone, like this one. After the jump:
- Lindsay Lohan tries to get out of Scary Movie 5
- Looks like Adele will be singing the Skyfall theme
- Human Centipede 3 will have a 500-person chain
- Lydia Hearst boards Cabin Fever: Patient Zero
- Breaking Dawn Part 2 tickets to go on sale in October
- See the Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning trailer
- Maggie Grace goes on the run in a new Taken 2 clip
- Paul W.S. Anderson would do a sixth Resident Evil
Read More »
The summer of 2012 — a summer that turned out to be rather a mixed bag, as so many hotly-anticipated movie seasons tend to — ends with a bang, or at least an explosion. The Expendables 2 is the Simon West-directed sequel to the Sylvester Stallone film that crammed together a whole bunch of aging action stars in one film.
For the sequel the roster has expanded, with Chuck Norris showing up, Jean-Claude Van Damme as the bad guy (and getting some of the best notes in reviews so far) and expanded roles for Bruce Willis and the post-political Arnold Schwarzenegger. Some of the action looks great, much of the script looks silly, and the guys are all ripped and grimacing, for most of the time, at least.
So how did The Expendables 2 turn out? Germain enjoyed it, with his review highlighting both the silliness and the fact that the film, unlike the first one, does most of what it promises. We’d like to know what you think, too. So sound off after the break, where spoiler comments are encouraged. Read More »
Remakes have become so common that barely a day goes by without updates on projects that seek to revitalize or reuse proven or existing stories. Today the list of remake news involves a couple of ’80s action mainstays talking about new versions of their old fims, and a couple other odds and ends.
- Kevin Eastman discusses the delay for Ninja Turtles,
- Jean-Claude Van Damme wants to be in the Bloodsport remake.
- Dolph Lundgren shrugs and says “sure,” when asked about the new Masters of the Universe movie,
- and we’ve got concept art from the recent Total Recall.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
We’ve seen two teaser trailers for Simon West’s sequel to The Expendables — well, one teaser, and one trailer for this trailer. But now we’ve got an actual trailer, with actual footage showing some of what happens when you put Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Terry Crews, Randy Couture, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Chuck Norris, Liam Hemsworth, Bruce Willis, and Arnold Schwarzenegger in the same movie.
I don’t think there’s anything else I can say here; see the trailer below. (Header image is, sadly, not from the trailer. Consider it a bonus.) Read More »
After the jump we have a ton of new sequel news bits including:
- Richard Donner talks about the abandoned plans for Lethal Weapon 5.
- George Lucas says we’ll “NEVER” see a Star Wars sequel.
- Plans for an Anvil! The Story of Anvil Sequel
- Project X star joins the cast of Grown Ups 2
- Clive Owen knows nothing about Sin City 2
- The Smurfs 2 release date announced
- Dolph Lundgren gives an Expendables 2 update.
All this and more, after the jump.
Read More »