Posted on Monday, January 19th, 2015 by Angie Han
Now You See Me turned out to be a sleeper hit in the summer of 2013, so the Four Horsemen have reunited for Now You See Me 2. Well, three of the Four Horsemen are, anyway. Jesse Eisenberg, Dave Franco, and Woody Harrelson are all back for the sequel, while Lizzy Caplan has replaced Isla Fisher as the female lead.
Also not returning? Eisenberg’s unruly mop from the first film. In the first cast photo from Now You See Me 2, his hair is closely cropped — presumably because he’s just come off of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Hit the jump for your Now You See Me 2 first look, also featuring Mark Ruffalo, Daniel Radcliffe, and Michael Caine.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Mark Ruffalo has tweeted a photo from the Now You See Me 2 table read, revealing for the first time the Now You See Me 2 title. Find out the name of the sequel, after the jump.
Read More »
Lots of non-spoiler talk about The Force Awakens and the rest of the Star Wars universe in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- J.J. Abrams and R2-D2 get hit with flying fish on the set of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens may have shot in a giant water tank.
- Pinewood Studios will be home to Episode VIII and the Gareth Edwards spin-off.
- Mark Hamill may have filmed The Force Awakens scenes without his beard.
- Simon Pegg creates a link between Spaced and The Force Awakens.
- Daniel Radcliffe talks about hanging out on the Millennium Falcon.
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue is finally coming to Disneyland paris.
- Make your own Force Awakens meme and learn more about the font choice.
- A possible description of a scene in the desert.
Read More »
All good films get two things right: pace and tone. You can have the most gorgeous visuals, best performances, incredibly well-written script, but if the director doesn’t keep the movie moving forward with a consistent feel, it can all fall apart. Alexandre Aja‘s Horns is a textbook example of this.
Based on a revered novel by Joe Hill (the son of Stephen King), Horns tells the story of a man named Iggy. Played by Daniel Radcliffe, Ig’s accused of killing his long time girlfriend (Juno Temple). His whole Northwestern hometown is sure he did it and, in his despair, Ig mysteriously begins growing a pair of horns. The horns give him incredible powers, and Ig uses them to try and solve the murder.
Right there, you can tell this is going to be difficult. How do you make a murder mystery with religious overtones, a pop sensibility, humor, and Harry Potter? The truth is there’s no real answer as Aja’s film combines lots of strong elements that never quite come together in a cohesive manner. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, October 2nd, 2014 by Angie Han
Daniel Radcliffe‘s wizarding days are behind him, but that doesn’t mean he’s completely done with magic. The British star has boarded the cast of Now You See Me 2, which Jon M. Chu is directing for a summer 2016 bow. Hit the jump for more on the Daniel Radcliffe Now You See Me 2 casting, including character details.
Read More »
This Halloween, audiences are going to have a chance to see Daniel Radcliffe become the devil. The fall holiday is when Alexandre Aja‘s latest film, Horns, hits theaters. Based on a book by Joe Hill (son of Stephen King), Horns tells the story of Ignatius (Radcliffe), a man accused of murdering his girlfriend. In his despair, Ig sprouts horns from his forehead. As the horns continue to grow, everyone in town spills their darkest secrets to Ig as he tries to solve the mystery of what actually happened.
From what we saw at Comic-Con, the film looks like a delicate balance of horror, humor and romance. Now, a new international trailer is out that plays more on that fact. Check out the latest Horns trailer below. Read More »
Posted on Monday, August 11th, 2014 by Angie Han
In this edition of Sequel Bits, people talk about movies they’re doing, movies they wish they were doing, and movies they’re probably never doing. After the jump:
- Helen Mirren would “love” to do Fast and the Furious
- Daniel Radcliffe wants a cameo in Sharknado 3
- Evil Dead 2 is dead, according to star Jane Levy
- Justin Theroux thinks Ben Stiller may helm Zoolander 2
- Simon Pegg talks up Star Trek 3 director Roberto Orci
- Rumor has it Lea Seydoux could be the next Bond girl
- … and Sam Smith may be the next Bond theme singer
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
How much did Guardians of the Galaxy make on its first evening? Does James Gunn have deleted scenes held back from the film? Which actors have been added to Gotham and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? When is Lego Batman 3 coming out? Why are superhero movies so devoid of color these days? Which character traits are missing from Guardians of the Galaxy? Did a mega star actor walk around Comic-Con as Spider-Man? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »