Posted on Monday, May 14th, 2012 by Angie Han
Last week’s renewal of Community was undeniably good news, even with the catch that the upcoming fourth season would consist of thirteen episodes instead of the usual twenty-something. And of course we’re still happy about it… but unfortunately, the caveats continue.
Over the weekend, NBC announced that the series would be moving from Thursdays, where it’s been for the last three seasons, to Fridays. Moreover, there’s still no word on whether showrunner Dan Harmon or star Chevy Chase — who famously had a behind-the-scenes feud this year — will return. More details after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, April 4th, 2012 by Angie Han
Community‘s Dan Harmon is very sorry you had to witness that nasty drama between him and Chevy Chase. Also after the jump:
- The first three minutes of Falling Skies‘ second season
- Target’s “Little Avengers” ad is pretty cute, if you like kids
- HBO releases another trailer for its politica satire Veep
- Robert Redford will produce a Watergate doc for Discovery
- Christopher Mintz-Plasse, a.k.a. McLovin, heads to CBS
- Watch a preview for Ricky Gervais’ new comedy-drama Derek
Read More »
Posted on Monday, April 2nd, 2012 by Angie Han
Today’s TV Bits starts on a bit of a downer, as Community‘s Chevy Chase and Dan Harmon bicker and Two and a Half Men‘s Lee Arohnson makes some obnoxious comments sure to piss people off. But don’t worry, there’s some sunnier stuff in here too. After the jump:
- Are Chevy Chase’s days on Community numbered?
- Two and Half Men co-creator bashes female-centric comedies
- Starz releases the premiere of Magic City online for free
- HBO drops a teaser for Season 3 of Boardwalk Empire
- The Daily Show heads to the Democratic National Convention
- A&E develops an adaptation of Rosario Dawson’s O.C.T.
- A rundown of broadcast networks’ pilots for the 2012 season
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, March 22nd, 2012 by Angie Han
Is The Office about to lose another boss? After the jump:
- Paul Lieberstein steps down as Office showrunner
- Mindy Kaling’s Fox pilot casts Ed Helms, Bill Hader, and Richard Schiff
- Dan Harmon feels optimistic-ish about Community‘s future
- Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu are Sherlock and Watson
- David Milch and Michael Mann open up about Luck
- HBO releases still more Game of Thrones marketing
Read More »
Showrunner Dan Harmon announced on Twitter that Community will return to television on March 15th 2012. The show will continue every Thursday night in the 8pm timeslot. Harmon tweeted:
What you call 8:00, we call home. Community returns to Thursday nights on March 15th.
30 Rock will now air in the 8:30PM slot. There is still no word on if the series will be renewed for another season.
Posted on Tuesday, November 15th, 2011 by Angie Han
There’s plenty of good stuff in today’s TV Bits, including new trailers for HBO’s Luck and Showtime’s House of Lies, which I’m hoping will help the one bit of really bad news go down a bit easier: NBC’s benching its highly praised but under-watched Community. After the jump:
- NBC puts Community on hiatus and picks up new show Legends
- HBO’s Luck, starring Dustin Hoffman and Nick Nolte, gets a trailer
- Showrunner Matthew Weiner reveals how he wants AMC’s Mad Men to end
- Showtime renews Weeds and drops a teaser for House of Lies
Read More »
[The following contains spoilers for the first four episodes of Season 3 of Community.]
Every year, I eagerly anticipate any film or TV series that will engage me in the trials of its characters, and encourage me to consider how its using those trials to communicate something perceptive, challenging or entertaining about the world around us. Community, alongside FX’s Louie, is a rare example of a comedy show that succeeds at doing just that.
In under 22 minutes.
Arrested Development may have thrown down the gauntlet for most intricately layered TV sitcom, but Community has picked that gauntlet up and is running wild with it. I already feel comfortable proclaiming this week’s episode, “Remedial Chaos Theory”, to be the absolute best episode of Community thus far. Yes, better than the Goodfellas tribute “Contemporary American Poultry”. Yes, better than the zombie halloween episode “Epidemiology”. Yes, better even than the everyone’s favorite action parody, “Modern Warfare”.
High praise, no doubt. But what else is one to do when confronted with one of the best half hours of television in the history of the medium? Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Here’s some music to enjoy while reading this article. You know, for ambiance! (Note: This isn’t just a ploy to get you to listen to songs from the Community soundtrack. Honest.)
There’s a kind of demented brilliance to Community. It’s something I’ve been accepting of since early in the show’s incarnation, but it wasn’t until the series’ wonderfully inventive, borderline disturbing, ultimately heartwarming stop-motion Christmas special—entitled Abed’s Uncontrollable Christmas—that I found myself capable of fully elucidating why that is. And I’m not just saying that because it delivered the ultimate burn on Lost.
(Haven’t yet had a chance to see the episode? Watch it on Hulu, or embedded after the break.) Read More »