Posted on Thursday, May 24th, 2012 by Angie Han
The latest development in this sad Dan Harmon / Community saga is a leaked memo from NBC instructing the shows actors on how to handle the topic while speaking to the public. Honestly, it’s not so much that the note itself is unreasonable or dishonest, but that now it’ll be tough not to listen for these same talking points when we see Joel McHale or Alison Brie field questions about it on some late night talk show.
Happily, the rest of today’s TV Bits are a little more cheerful:
- NBC’s Mockingbird Lane casts a Spy Kid as its Eddie Munster
- HBO Zone announces a Game of Thrones Season 2 marathon
- Starz hopes you’ll tune in to its Spartacus marathon a few days later
- True Blood‘s new promo has lots of sex and violence
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Update from Editor Peter Sciretta: After the jump I’ve included an excerpt from Dan Harmon reacting to the situation.
When Community was renewed for a short 13-episode fourth season earlier this week, it looked like creator/showrunner Dan Harmon might not be back for the show’s continuation. There was talk that he would be on board as a consultant at least, but tonight word came down that Harmon has been replaced as showrunner, and any involvement with the show seems doubtful at this point.
The new exec producer/showrunners will be David Guarascio and Moses Port, who previously worked on Happy Endings, Aliens in America and, er, Just Shoot Me. (At least that had some great David Cross moments, right? Looking for the silver lining here.) Read More »
Tomorrow is the upfront party/presentation for Adult Swim, and the company is unveiling a serious development slate. For fans of animation, weird high-concept shows and other esoterica, there might be a lot to dig into in the new set of projects being developed by the Williams Street gang.
But there are two worth highlighting for our regular readers. One is an animated series based on the Harold & Kumar movies. The other is a new half-hour animated show co-created by Community mastermind Dan Harmon. We might not see Harmon return to his signature show, but a new effort from him could be a great consolation prize.
All the details we have at this point are below. Read More »
Posted on Monday, May 14th, 2012 by Angie Han
Last week’s renewal of Community was undeniably good news, even with the catch that the upcoming fourth season would consist of thirteen episodes instead of the usual twenty-something. And of course we’re still happy about it… but unfortunately, the caveats continue.
Over the weekend, NBC announced that the series would be moving from Thursdays, where it’s been for the last three seasons, to Fridays. Moreover, there’s still no word on whether showrunner Dan Harmon or star Chevy Chase — who famously had a behind-the-scenes feud this year — will return. More details after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, April 4th, 2012 by Angie Han
Community‘s Dan Harmon is very sorry you had to witness that nasty drama between him and Chevy Chase. Also after the jump:
- The first three minutes of Falling Skies‘ second season
- Target’s “Little Avengers” ad is pretty cute, if you like kids
- HBO releases another trailer for its politica satire Veep
- Robert Redford will produce a Watergate doc for Discovery
- Christopher Mintz-Plasse, a.k.a. McLovin, heads to CBS
- Watch a preview for Ricky Gervais’ new comedy-drama Derek
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Monday, April 2nd, 2012 by Angie Han
Today’s TV Bits starts on a bit of a downer, as Community‘s Chevy Chase and Dan Harmon bicker and Two and a Half Men‘s Lee Arohnson makes some obnoxious comments sure to piss people off. But don’t worry, there’s some sunnier stuff in here too. After the jump:
- Are Chevy Chase’s days on Community numbered?
- Two and Half Men co-creator bashes female-centric comedies
- Starz releases the premiere of Magic City online for free
- HBO drops a teaser for Season 3 of Boardwalk Empire
- The Daily Show heads to the Democratic National Convention
- A&E develops an adaptation of Rosario Dawson’s O.C.T.
- A rundown of broadcast networks’ pilots for the 2012 season
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, March 22nd, 2012 by Angie Han
Is The Office about to lose another boss? After the jump:
- Paul Lieberstein steps down as Office showrunner
- Mindy Kaling’s Fox pilot casts Ed Helms, Bill Hader, and Richard Schiff
- Dan Harmon feels optimistic-ish about Community‘s future
- Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu are Sherlock and Watson
- David Milch and Michael Mann open up about Luck
- HBO releases still more Game of Thrones marketing
Read More »
Showrunner Dan Harmon announced on Twitter that Community will return to television on March 15th 2012. The show will continue every Thursday night in the 8pm timeslot. Harmon tweeted:
What you call 8:00, we call home. Community returns to Thursday nights on March 15th.
30 Rock will now air in the 8:30PM slot. There is still no word on if the series will be renewed for another season.
Posted on Tuesday, November 15th, 2011 by Angie Han
There’s plenty of good stuff in today’s TV Bits, including new trailers for HBO’s Luck and Showtime’s House of Lies, which I’m hoping will help the one bit of really bad news go down a bit easier: NBC’s benching its highly praised but under-watched Community. After the jump:
- NBC puts Community on hiatus and picks up new show Legends
- HBO’s Luck, starring Dustin Hoffman and Nick Nolte, gets a trailer
- Showrunner Matthew Weiner reveals how he wants AMC’s Mad Men to end
- Showtime renews Weeds and drops a teaser for House of Lies
Read More »