We haven’t really featured many of the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge videos on the site because we try to cover entertainment news and rumors but not celebrity. And I’m sure you’ve seen enough of these ice bucket challenge videos in your social timeline already. The Ice Bucket Challenge has raised nearly $80 million for ALS (Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord) which is amazing. I personally have not done the challenge but have instead donated to the ALS association, and I highly recommend you do the same (and if you have time, learn a bit about the disease). Recently the Star Wars galaxy has been called upon to take the Ice Bucket challenge, which has seen responses from Harrison Ford, Mark Hammil, Peter Mayhew, new Star Wars Episode VII castmembers Oscar Isaac, Daisy Ridley, Star Wars Episode 7director JJ Abrams, as well as future Star Wars series filmmaker Gareth Edwards, and more. Other members of the crew have yet to respond to the challenge. Watch all of the Star Wars ALS Ice Bucket Challenge videos embedded after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
What you’ve got to love about Twitter are the windows it opens. The way a single tweet can just set your imagination on fire with possibility. Monday night, that happened twice. First as a joke, and then as a photo.
The photo featured Star Wars Episode VII director J.J. Abrams with his two co-stars, John Boyega and Daisy Ridley. It made you dream about the conversations being held between these three. Then, in the background, was someone else. Another famous director who, earlier that evening, made you wish if you could be one place in the world last night, it was with him. Edgar Wright tweeted that he too was hanging out with Abrams. Read More »
Thursday, news broke that actress Daisy Ridley had signed with a new agency. This in itself isn’t that exciting. While 99% of the world doesn’t know who the actress is (she only has like 7,000 followers on Twitter), next year that’ll change. She’s one of the leads in J.J. Abrams‘ Star Wars Episode VII. Rumors and speculation have run rampant over which character the actress is playing but, buried in the agency story, was a bit of a hint. Her signing with the new agency is because she’s expected to return for Rian Johnson‘s Star Wars Episode VIII and Star Wars Episode IX. Read more about Daisy Ridley Star Wars below. Read More »
Star Wars Episode VII and Star Wars Rebels rumors, praise, trivia and even inside Hollywood stuff are in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Disney CEO Bob Iger has seen Star Wars Episode VII footage.
- New rumors have risen about the location of the Millennium Falcon.
- Is Jabba’s Buboicullaar back in Episode VII?
- Star Wars spinoff writer Gary Whitta praises Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Is Boba Fett in Star Wars Rebels?
- Matt Reeves won’t be directing a Star Wars film for some time.
- Benedict Cumberbatch does a great Jar Jar Binks impression.
- What do the Miami Marlins have to do with Star Wars?
- Peter Mayhew heaps high praise on Episode VII.
- Read about how Star Wars Rebels is influenced by Ralph McQuarrie‘s art.
- Dave Filoni and more are confirmed for Star Wars Celebration.
- Daisy Ridley just got herself a fancy Hollywood agent.
- The official Star Wars Timeline is set. Sort of.
Read More »
Star Wars Episode VII, specifically the filming of it, is the focus of this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Harrison Ford is off his crutch and shoot resume Star Wars Episode VII filming soon.
- Mark Hamill and Daisy Ridley have been filming Star Wars Episode VII on Skellig Michael in Ireland…
- …and we have exclusive images of how the locals are capitalizing on the shoot.
- J.J. Abrams talked about shooting film on Star Wars Episode VII.
- Even though the Expanded Universe is no longer canon, many believe its important.
- Watch the full Star Wars Rebels panel from Comic-Con.
- John Boyega channels a superhero and Daisy Ridley drops a Star Wars selfie.
Read More »
From the schools, to the shelves and courts of Chicago, this edition of Star Wars Bits is as eclectic as ever. Below, read about the following:
- John Boyega and Daisy Ridley‘s Star Wars Episode VII tweets get super excited.
- Has Ridley’s Episode VII character name been revealed?
- Sideshow Collectibles announces some new Star Wars figures
- Play Star Wars Rebels: Ghost Raid right now.
- Star Wars comes to schools in new Star Wars Workbooks.
- Images of a whole new line of Star Wars and Star Wars Rebels toys have been revealed.
- Read Dave Fioni‘s introduction to The Star Wars Rebels Visual Guide.
- A Clone Wars character appears in a new Star Wars book.
- The Lucas Cultural Museum might face some opposition in Chicago.
- Marvel’s original Star Wars comics are getting reprinted in a huge book.
- Watch From Star Wars to Jedi: The Making of a Saga.
Read More »
Some very intriguing, potentially revealing Star Wars Episode VII rumors have just surfaced about the plot and character. Read about those, and a bunch of other cool stuff, in this edition of Star Wars Bits:
- The Lucas Cultural Arts Museum will be built in Chicago.
- A general plot overview of Star Wars Episode VII may have been revealed.
- New rumors about John Boyega and Daisy Ridley‘s roles in Episode VII have surfaced.
- Are there a lot more roles to be cast in Episode VII?
- Watch Andy Serkis talk about the secrecy surrounding Episode VII.
- Home of Star Wars Episode VII, Pinewood Studios is set to expand.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi appears in a new teaser for Star Wars Rebels.
- Check out a cool new fan made poster for Star Wars Episode VII.
- Wil Wheaton poked fun at J.J. Abrams‘ dual allegiance to Star Trek and Star Wars.
- See an amazing Star Wars exclusive available at San Diego Comic-Con.
Note: The plot and character stuff is whited out for anyone scared of spoilers. Feel free to proceed. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
There’s lots of Star Wars Episode VII rumor and speculation, along with merchandising and original trilogy memories, in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- The Episode VII Millennium Falcon dice were reportedly bought for $37 on eBay
- Daisy Ridley comments on her role in Star Wars Episode VII.
- John Boyega tweets about Star Wars character names.
- More rumored details leak about sets being built at Pinewood for Episode VII.
- Star Wars Rebels producer Dave Filoni seemingly confirms a Comic-Con appearance.
- Watch John Ratzenberger talk about his role in The Empire Strikes Back.
- Multiple new licensing partners will be making Star Wars merchandise.
- How many Lightsabers are bought per year?
Read More »