The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next the power of Star Wars Bits. This week’s news from a galaxy far, far away includes the following:
- Details on The Battle of Jakku and more post-Return of the Jedi info
- Harrison Ford gives advice to new co-stars, uses lightsaber as a cane
- New info on Han Solo and Chewie in The Force Awakens
- BB-8 on the cover of Make magazine
- Comic-Con interviews with J.J. Abrams and cast
- George Lucas to be honored at D23
- Science Channel ILM documentary special teaser clip
- Kevin Smith got screwed by Star Wars at Comic-Con
- Production designer talks mandate for authenticity in Episode VII
- Amy Schumer‘s saucy Star Wars photoshoot for GQ
- New details on Star Wars Battlefront gameplay
- Gary Whitta on Star Wars and the Comic-Con experience
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
One of the highlights at Comic Con this year was a behind the scenes reel for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. When this was released over the weekend, I tried to pull together a piece dissecting the reel image by image, but the madness that is Comic Con prevented me from finishing it until now.
What follows is a breakdown of 13 things we learned from this footage, this includes confirmation of new and old characters, our first look at some of the cast, some story and character details put together from the new images matched with previous rumors, and some questions. Hit the jump to read our list.
Read More »
At Comic-Con in San Diego, the panel for Star Wars: The Force Awakens was a nice blend of the new and old. New cast members John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver, Gwendoline Christie and Domhnall Gleeson were on hand, and classic heroes Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher were also present. Their presence made for a fun, exciting panel, even if the footage shown wasn’t exclusive to the convention itself.
But the payoff came when director J.J. Abrams started talking about the music of Star Wars. Upon getting affirmation that the Hall H audience loved the music of Star Wars, Abrams delivered some incredible news. The entire crowd of Hall H, about 6,500 people, would be leaving the convention center to attend a live Star Wars concert.
Find out more about the Star Wars Comic Con concert after the jump! Read More »
After waiting hours in line over the past two days (yes, we have to wait in line just like everyone else), Lucasfilm finally wowed Comic-Con with their panel in Hall H for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and it did not disappoint.
Although there weren’t any major announcements about forthcoming Star Wars Anthology projects or the next two episodes of the new Star Wars trilogy, fans were still left with the feeling that they could take on the whole Empire (or First Order) themselves. Why? Because a wonderful sizzle reel took us behind the scenes of the production of the film, and cast members both new and old came to hype up the start of a new era of Star Wars.
Below, find out everything we learned during the Star Wars Comic Con panel! Read More »
Several weeks back, very soon after Star Wars Celebration, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy and Force Awakens star Daisy Ridley did a press conference in Japan. We mentioned it on the site, but didn’t elaborate further simply because the videos were in Japanese. Now that someone has translated everything said by the two ladies, we know there were a few interesting things said about a galaxy far, far away.
First, Kennedy and Ridley talked about Rey’s fighting style in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which was aided by a choreographer from Game of Thrones. Then there was a tease about the importance of Boba Fett to the Lucasfilm plan. Read the new Star Wars quotes below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Here are new looks at The Force Awakens characters for Star Wars Day.
It may already be May the 4th where you are, which means it is either already Star Wars Day, or very shortly will be. While the fan holiday grew out of an obvious phrase (May the 4th be with you) it has a lot more potential this year with Star Wars: The Force Awakens opening in December. We saw the great Vanity Fair cover earlier today, featuring new characters Rey, Finn, and BB-8 along with Chewbacca and Han Solo, and it looks like the magazine will deliver even more very soon.
Now there’s a 45-second video which shows off the Adam Driver Force Awakens character, and gives us some info on the role played by Lupita Nyong’o. There are also new stormtrooper shots, another look at Rey, and some great shots of her speeder, alongside some behind-the-scenes footage of that cover shoot featuring Harrison Ford. Read More »
The bits are flying all over the place in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- John Knoll talks physics of the Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One teaser trailer.
- Read the first official interviews given by John Boyega and Daisy Ridley for The Force Awakens.
- Watch some more reaction videos to the latest Force Awakens trailer.
- See a visual breakdown of every musical moment in the Star Wars series.
- Kathleen Kennedy talks about secrecy surrounding The Force Awakens.
- Check out a supercut of every single character in the Star Wars saga.
- Mark Hamill released some personal photos from the set of Return of the Jedi.
- Did J.J. Abrams film some of The Force Awakens in the world’s third largest cave?
- Find out some answers to burning questions regarding Star Wars Battlefront.
- A spoiler filled scene from Star Wars: The Force Awakens is described.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, April 16th, 2015 by Angie Han
Star Wars Celebration got off to a rousing start today with the Star Wars: The Force Awakens panel. Details were spilled, footage was revealed, cast members were celebrated — and among all that, a bunch of new official images were revealed.
Some were stills featuring characters like Rey (Daisy Ridley), Fin (John Boyega), and Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac); others were behind-the-scenes images of director J.J. Abrams, Kathleen Kennedy, and more. Flip through the new Star Wars 7 images after the jump.
Read More »
Next week, the second trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be revealed. You can read more about that here. It’ll then be in theaters with Avengers: Age of Ultron. But what, specifically, will the trailer feature? MakingStarWars has a very intriguing list of images they believe are going to appear in the trailer. If it’s true, this is going to be insane. Read the Force Awakens trailer 2 details below.
Read More »