Posted on Wednesday, June 11th, 2014 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits involves the sea floor-dwelling creatures of Bikini Bottom, the high-flying dragon riders of Berk, and everyone in between. After the jump:
- Is China getting sick of effects-heavy Hollywood sequels?
- Rumor has it Jurassic World will feature pterodactyl riders
- Insurgent casts a couple more Dauntless characters
- Paul Walker‘s brother may be in future Fast movies
- Ernie Hudson says Ghostbusters 3 will shoot soon
- Brittany Snow tweets from the set of Pitch Perfect 2
- Get ready for lots and lots of Sharknado tie-in merchandise
- SpongeBob has a Coppertone moment in a new poster
- Watch the trailer for the video game Alien: Isolation
- See a How to Train Your Dragon 2 featurette about the score
Read More »
The passing of Paul Walker was a tragedy felt by many, but no one felt it more keenly than his family. Walker left behind a daughter, siblings and many others who loved him more than any fan ever could. Last week, news broke that two of Paul’s brothers, Caleb and Cody Walker, would be given a rare opportunity to pay tribute to their brother by joining the cast of Fast and Furious 7 as stand-ins for Paul. Now, co-star Vin Diesel posted a photo of Paul’s brothers from the set, and it’s pretty obvious this tribute is going to work. Read More »
No one is ever prepared for the death of a loved one. Be it a family member, friend or acquaintance, when someone passes away, it can be impossible to focus on the future, and fill the hole they left. In the case of Paul Walker, who tragically passed away in November, that surely happened not only with his friends and family, but with his co-workers too. He was about halfway through filming the seventh film of the franchise that made him a superstar, Fast and Furious at the time of his death. When Walker passed, the studio was faced with some tough decisions. How would they deal with the grief while simultaneously paying tribute to the actor and finishing the film, which Walker likely would’ve wanted?
Over the past few weeks, many options have been mentioned – reshoots, delaying the film, rewriting the film – but a new one has now surfaced. A rumor is circulating that Universal Pictures has contacted Walker’s younger brother, Cody Walker, to help complete the film. Read More »