Posted on Thursday, April 4th, 2013 by Angie Han
In case you were wondering, yes, Kevin Smith is still pretty sure Clerks III will be his best film ever. It’s not clear whether Rosario Dawson totally agrees with that sentiment, but apparently she wants in too. Also after the jump:
- Danny Boyle dishes on the Trainspotting sequel
- Gru is an awkward parent in Despicable Me 2 clip
- Terry Crews goofs around in a Cloudy 2 featurette
- Before Midnight debuts an international poster
- New poster reminds us of Global Smurfs Day
- Get a peek at Keenser in Star Trek Into Darkness
- Listen to a bit of the Star Trek Into Darkness score
- Chris Pine was “scared” to play Captain Kirk
Read More »
Friday morning, Kevin Smith got out of bed and started writing Clerks III. We know this because he posted the cover page on Facebook and Twitter. The Facebook post is particularaly enlightening because Smith reveals today is the 20th anniversary of the first day of shooting on Clerks. He also vows that Clerks III will be “the best film I’ve ever made.” Read more and see the cover page below. Read More »
Thanks to Twitter, Kevin Smith fans have been getting an inside look at how the filmmaker-turned-podcaster evolves ideas for his upcoming projects. He kept the whole Red State scenario a secret but since then, nothing has been secret. His proposed hockey film, Hit Somebody, was the first example. Through the Internet he asked actors to participate, then said it was going to be a two-part film, then cut it back to one, and now it’s going to be a mini-series.
Clerks 3 now looks like it’s in the same boat. Smith originally considered doing Clerks 3 as a Broadway play before saying it would be his final film a few months back. Now he’s changed his idea of what the franchise could be.
Talking to the crew at What’s Trending, Smith admitted he isn’t quite sure exactly how Dante and Randal are first going to be resurrected The movie is still an option but he considered doing it as an online series and, more likely, will first distribute the story as an online book, released chapter by chapter. By doing it this way, Smith revealed fan opinion would most certainly begin to influence the way the story would go.
He then revealed the book (and maybe the film) would start with Dante and Randall meeting in kindergarden. Watch the video of Smith discussing this below.
UPDATE: Smith also took to Twitter to explain a bit of his thought process, it’s all below. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, December 11th, 2012 by Angie Han
Not surprisingly, today’s tidbits begin with Star Trek Into Darkness. After the jump:
- Simon Pegg is laughing at your Star Trek fan theories
- You can count out Danny Boyle for Bond 24
- Clerks III already has a 70-page outline
- Andy Serkis talks The Hobbit and Apes
- A Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy sequel is coming
- Barbara Hershey will return for Insidious 2
- Wolverine, X-Men, Apes, and Percy Jackson go 3D
Read More »
Earlier this week, Kevin Smith revealed that Hit Somebody, the hockey film he’d planned to be his final movie, was going to be turned into a TV mini-series. That left a distinct void in Smith’s feature film resume. He was now without a big passion project to close out his feature directorial career. Then, on Twitter, he built up to this:
That’s right, Kevin Smith is going to make Clerks III. Once Randall (Jeff Anderson) signs on the dotted line, that is. Read more after the jump. Read More »