In a new interview, Kevin Smith offered updates on his upcoming projects. He’s currently in post-production on Tusk, a creepy tale based on a real-life news story, and that film has reportedly inspired a spin-off. Smith said two characters who appear in the film briefly will star in a new movie called Yoga Hosers, which is based on another story he discussed on his Smodcast.
Also, Smith said he took the script for Clerks 3 to Bob and Harvey Weinstein, but they passed on making the movie. The Weinsteins distributed the first two Clerks films but felt the proposed $6 million budget was too much. They’d distribute, though, if Smith raises the funds himself.
Read the Clerks 3 news and Yoga Hosers plot below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
“Nobody but me can make a CLERKS film,” said Kevin Smith in a Reddit AMA Thursday. “But ANYONE can make a Krampus picture. So before anyone else does, I figured it’s time to keep moving forward: we’re gonna shoot COMES THE KRAMPUS in April, before CLERKS III.”
Comes the Krampus is a holiday horror anthology Smith announced a few weeks back. Different directors will each oversee segments of the film. The plan originally was to make it after Smith did Clerks III. That’s now changed, however, and Clerks III is on hold until Comes the Krampus is made. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, October 15th, 2013 by Angie Han
Welcome back from the long weekend, if you had one. Here’s what you may have missed in the wonderful world of sequel news:
- Writer Adam Horowitz offers a little Tron 3 update
- Vanilla Ice really wants to be in the new Ninja Turtles
- Kevin Smith hopes to release Clerks 3 in November 2014
- The Aliens vs. Predator comic book gets a relaunch
- Lloyd opens up in new Dumb and Dumber To set pics
- Take a peek at Channing Tatum in 22 Jump Street
- A big battle will hit Hong Kong in Transformers 4
Read More »
Clerks made Kevin Smith, but in order to make Clerks III, Smith will have to make something else. In a new interview, the writer/director/podcaster said his next film, Tusk, will be an “ivory bridge” to Clerks III. A way to make financing the sequel easier and also to work out some of the cobwebs from not having directed a film since 2011′s Red State.
Plus, Smith revealed that Justin Long has joined the cast of Tusk, opposite Michael Parks, as the man whom Parks hires to live in his house in a walrus suit. Production begins October 21. Read the quotes below. Read More »
UPDATE: Smith took to Twitter to let fans know, this film is actually shooting in September! Here’s the tweet, original story follows:
In what’s become a Comic-Con tradition, Kevin Smith took the Hall H at Comic-Con Saturday night and arrived bearing gifts. Gifts in the form of news for his fans.
He said the Weinsteins are currently figuring out a budget for Clerks III, which will dictate when and where they shoot the film. But it’s happening. Smith also recently completed a script called Tusk, which is based on an online ad about a man who rents out a room in his house for free, as long as the person dresses as a walrus for two hours per day. He wants Michael Parks the play the lead, Quentin Tarantino as the victim and envisions the story as “the cuddly version of The Human Centipede.” Read More »
There are lots of small updates on upcoming and hypothetical sequels, which means it’s time for another edition of Sequel Bits. Read about the following after the jump:
- Arnold Schwarzenegger says The Legend of Conan, Terminator 5 and Triplets are all still being written.
- Kevin Smith has a production schedule in mind for Clerks III.
- Eric Roberts joins the cast of Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence).
- As we wait on the new Bridget Jones movie, the character returns in book form.
- Another director may be on the short list for Bond 24.
- Daniel Radcliffe hypothesizes a Harry Potter sequel.
- Nicolas Winding Refn says don’t expect a sequel to Drive.
- Will Smith suggests he could appear in Independence Day 2, but it’s not looking good.
Read More »
Two cool pieces of news broke on Twitter early Monday and we’ve got them both for you here.
First up: Joss Whedon, the director of The Avengers, the upcoming Avengers 2 and creator of such TV shows as Buffy, Firefly and Angel has officially joined Twitter. He’s @JossActual.
Second, Kevin Smith tweeted an image of his completed 137-page script to Clerks III. Check out both tweets below for more information. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Thursday, April 4th, 2013 by Angie Han
In case you were wondering, yes, Kevin Smith is still pretty sure Clerks III will be his best film ever. It’s not clear whether Rosario Dawson totally agrees with that sentiment, but apparently she wants in too. Also after the jump:
- Danny Boyle dishes on the Trainspotting sequel
- Gru is an awkward parent in Despicable Me 2 clip
- Terry Crews goofs around in a Cloudy 2 featurette
- Before Midnight debuts an international poster
- New poster reminds us of Global Smurfs Day
- Get a peek at Keenser in Star Trek Into Darkness
- Listen to a bit of the Star Trek Into Darkness score
- Chris Pine was “scared” to play Captain Kirk
Read More »