Chevy Chase has made no secret of his dissatisfaction with Community, both in the pre- and post-Dan Harmon eras, so his departure always seemed more like a question of “when” than “if.” And now, that time has finally come. Effective immediately, Chase is no longer part of the NBC cult comedy, and will not appear in the few Season 4 episodes that remain to be shot. More details after the jump.
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Friday, October 19th, 2012 by Russ Fischer
Until not so long ago, fans of Community might have been excited for, or at least interested in tonight’s TV schedule. The show’s fourth season was originally set to premiere tonight, giving us the first taste of the troubled series without creator Dan Harmon. But the shortened season, now run by David Guarascio and Moses Port, has been indefinitely delayed by NBC.
But you can have some new Community today, as the cast (Joel McHale, Gillian Jacobs, Danny Pudi, Yvette Nicole Brown, Alison Brie, Donald Glover, Chevy Chase, Ken Jeong, Jim Rash) has come together to create a promo to explain just what today really means for fans of the show. Hint: it’s a mental state. Read More »
Photos: ‘Robocop’, ‘Hitchcock’, ‘The Wolverine’, ‘Beautiful Creatures’, ‘National Lampoon’s Vacation’ Reunion
Posted on Tuesday, October 9th, 2012 by Angie Han
We’ve got a hodgepodge of new images after the jump, including set photos from Robocop and The Wolverine, stills from Hitchcock and Beautiful Creatures, and even a snapshot of the National Lampoon’s Vacation cast, reunited.
TV Bits: ‘Modern Family,’ ‘The Walking Dead,’ ‘Portlandia,’ ‘American Horror Story: Asylum,’ ‘Community’
Posted on Thursday, August 23rd, 2012 by Germain Lussier
Teaser trailers, casting, controversy and more are all in this huge edition of TV Bits. After the jump, read about the following:
- Check out the first promo for the fourth season of the award-winning comedy Modern Family.
- Entertainment Weekly has four Walking Dead covers this week and the reveal of a brand new character.
- Chloe Sevigny will appear on IFC’s comedy Portlandia.
- Try to break out with the latest teaser for American Horror Story: Asylum.
- Dan Harmon talked about Community controversy and storylines in a Reddit AMA.
- Outlaw Country, a failed FX pilot about Southern crime, will air as a movie August 24.
- Casting continues on AMC’s Low Winter Sun.
Posted on Thursday, June 28th, 2012 by Angie Han
Community fans who are still reeling from the loss of showrunner/creator Dan Harmon will be happy to hear that at least some of the other key players on the series remain firmly locked in place. The entire core cast is officially set to return for the NBC comedy’s upcoming fourth season. Aside from noted discontent Chevy Chase, I don’t know that there was ever much doubt the stars would be back, but it’s good news all the same. More details after the jump.
Posted on Monday, May 14th, 2012 by Angie Han
Last week’s renewal of Community was undeniably good news, even with the catch that the upcoming fourth season would consist of thirteen episodes instead of the usual twenty-something. And of course we’re still happy about it… but unfortunately, the caveats continue.
Over the weekend, NBC announced that the series would be moving from Thursdays, where it’s been for the last three seasons, to Fridays. Moreover, there’s still no word on whether showrunner Dan Harmon or star Chevy Chase — who famously had a behind-the-scenes feud this year — will return. More details after the jump.
TV Bits: ‘Revolution’ Picked Up, James Cromwell Joins ‘American Horror Story,’ Lady Gaga on ‘The Simpsons, and More
Posted on Tuesday, May 8th, 2012 by Germain Lussier
There’s always a ton of news on the TV front but, instead of featuring it all, we occasionally pick out the good bits. After the jump read about:
- J.J. Abrams‘ new show, Revolution (above), directed by Jon Favreau has been picked up.
- James Cromwell will butt heads with Jessica Lange on American Horror Story Season 2.
- Showtime is developing a show called The Angry Buddhist.
- Star-making director Debra Granik will direct the HBO pilot American High Life.
- See what Lady Gaga will, partially, look like on The Simpsons.
- Chevy Chase still doesn’t think Community is funny.
Community‘s Dan Harmon is very sorry you had to witness that nasty drama between him and Chevy Chase. Also after the jump:
- The first three minutes of Falling Skies‘ second season
- Target’s “Little Avengers” ad is pretty cute, if you like kids
- HBO releases another trailer for its politica satire Veep
- Robert Redford will produce a Watergate doc for Discovery
- Christopher Mintz-Plasse, a.k.a. McLovin, heads to CBS
- Watch a preview for Ricky Gervais’ new comedy-drama Derek
TV Bits: Is Chevy Chase Leaving ‘Community’?, Plus: ‘Magic City’, ‘The Daily Show’, ‘Boardwalk Empire’, Rosario Dawson, and More
Posted on Monday, April 2nd, 2012 by Angie Han
Today’s TV Bits starts on a bit of a downer, as Community‘s Chevy Chase and Dan Harmon bicker and Two and a Half Men‘s Lee Arohnson makes some obnoxious comments sure to piss people off. But don’t worry, there’s some sunnier stuff in here too. After the jump:
- Are Chevy Chase’s days on Community numbered?
- Two and Half Men co-creator bashes female-centric comedies
- Starz releases the premiere of Magic City online for free
- HBO drops a teaser for Season 3 of Boardwalk Empire
- The Daily Show heads to the Democratic National Convention
- A&E develops an adaptation of Rosario Dawson’s O.C.T.
- A rundown of broadcast networks’ pilots for the 2012 season