One of the most obvious moments you’ve reached adulthood is when you start talking about kids. Whether someone has kids, they’re thinking about kids, or whatever else, that’s the moment. The thought opens up a huge pandora’s box of other issues too, least important of which is how do you show your kids the Star Wars Saga. The order in which you choose to show you kids the Star Wars movies is a debate regularly had amongst film fans but we always forget one thing. We never consider how the kids feel. It’s just a foregone conclusion that they’re going to like them.
A new video has surface that’s proof positive they do like them, but maybe have a few questions. One father recorded the conversation he had with his five-year-old daughter about Princess Leia’s Slave outfit in Return of the Jedi and the results are priceless, especially when animated. Check out the father daughter Slave Leia video below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
We loved the Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser trailer, and have already over analyzed and talked about it at length elsewhere on the site. But as I thought more about the trailer, I realized that the teaser was missing a few key elements that most people would have expected. Note: these are not complaints, only observations. What is Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer missing? Find out after the jump.
Read More »
Beer and parties are two of the things in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Yes, for real. There’s also Episode VII speculation and all of the following:
- Star Trek star Brent Spiner has joined Star Wars Rebels.
- Read a rumor of how performance capture is being used in Star Wars Episode VII.
- Footage from the cancelled Star Wars Battlefront 3 game is out.
- Watch Rebels Recon, the official Star Wars Rebels recap show.
- See photos from the London birthday celebration of Carrie Fisher.
- Daisy Ridley gets a new agent.
- Lucasfilm considers legal action against a beer company over their latest brew.
- Will Star Wars Episode VII steal a gag from Episode IV? And are there set photos of it?
- A possible scene with Han Solo and Chewbacca is described.
Read More »
This is a jam-packed edition of Star Wars Bits. We’ve got real Star Wars Episode VII news, rumors, toy information, book excerpts, and even mobile game updates. Below, read about the following.
- John Williams will start working on Star Wars Episode VII in two weeks.
- Read about some of the work Phil Tippett might be doing on Episode VII.
- Oscar Isaac has finished his work on Star Wars Episode VII.
- See Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher hit the town together.
- Read the ominious opening crawl of the new novel Tarkin.
- Star Wars authors can still use Expanded Universe bits.
- A new creature from Star Wars Episode VII is described.
- Some mysterious new characters are revealed in latest Star Wars Lego images.
- Watch a video of the new Lego Slave 1.
- Star Wars mobile game Tiny Death Star has been taken off line while Angry Birds gets a Star Wars Rebels update.
- Possible descriptions of Han Solo‘s outfits in Star Wars Episode VII.
Read More »
Star Wars Rebels is the focus of this edition of Star Wars Bits, including connections to Episode VII, VIII and IX, but there are rumors, cool Marvel Comics teases and more. Below, read about the following:
- See three Star Wars Rebels propaganda posters designed by Eric Tan.
- Disney executives are placing extra special pressure on Star Wars Episode VII.
- A popular supporting character in The Clone Wars returns for Star Wars Rebels.
- Read the descriptions of the first six episodes in the series.
- Scott Derrickson is not up for a Star Wars project.
- Carrie Fisher talks about Star Wars Episode VII.
- Marvel Comics is working on a Star Wars comic from a new era.
- Simon Kinberg talks Rebels connecting to Episode VII and The Inquisitor.
- The New York Times covers Star Wars Rebels.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Considering the long casting process J.J. Abrams and crew went through for Star Wars Episode VII, it’s surprising some missed one simple way to get in the movie: nepotism. The latest rumor surrounding the film is that Billie Lourd, the daughter of Carrie Fisher, has been cast in the movie. A second rumor on top of that says that she’s playing either Leia’s daughter or, oddly, a younger version of Leia herself. We’ll explore both Billie Lourd Star Wars rumors below. Read More »
Lots of cool stuff in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Lots of Episode VII, of course, but also some cool Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher quotes, new merchandise and even a George Lucas cameo. Below, read about the following.
- Paparazzi spotted an interesting trio of Star Wars Episode VII principals on the street.
- George Lucas doesn’t seem worried about the leaked set photos.
- Check out the first Star Wars Hot Wheels toy.
- Watch a full, 45 minute interview with Mark Hamill at Star Wars Weekends at Disney World.
- Billy Dee Williams confirms he has contributed to Star Wars Rebels.
- Watch a new video about the Lucas Cultural Arts Museum.
- Potential details of multiple Star Wars Episode VII sets are revealed.
- See John Boyega in the Star Wars makeup chair.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, May 27th, 2014 by Angie Han
We’re back from the long weekend with many more Star Wars-related odds and ends. After the jump:
- Star Wars: Attack Squadrons has been cancelled
- Don’t believe those Boba Fett spinoff plot rumors
- Carrie Fisher is lobbying to bring back the Leia buns
- Star Wars Episode VII casts another musician
- See Episode VII stunt performers hard at work in Abu Dhabi
- Check out Daisy Ridley’s brief appearance in Mr. Selfridge
- Screenwriter Gary Whitta shows off his Lucasfilm threads
Read More »
There are so many Star Wars Bits right now, it’s time to just get to it. Below, read about the following:
- Two alternate working titles for Star Wars Episode VII emerge.
- A fan mashes up the Star Wars score with the Disney logo.
- New images have surfaced of the full Star Wars Rebels voice cast.
- Star Wars Battlefront will have a presence at the Electronics Entertainment Expo in June…
- …but Star Wars Episode VII reportedly won’t be at San Diego Comic-Con.
- Star Wars Celebration Anaheim just launched its website.
- Watch a trailer for Star Wars Storyboards: The Original Trilogy book (seen above).
- The first season of Star Wars Rebels is how many episodes? And Simon Kinberg talks writing Trilogy characters.
- Star Wars actor John Morton clarifies his recent Rebels/Star Wars Episode VII quotes.
- Carrie Fisher is down 40lbs for Star Wars Episode VII.
- Two new locations might be in the cards for the George Lucas Cultural Arts Museum.
Read More »