Finally, it’s official. Here’s the release.
The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.
Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.
Director J.J. Abrams says, “We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud.”
Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.
Check out the first cast photo below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Star Wars Day, May 4, is less than a week away, and Star Wars is already turning up everywhere. The official Twitter account has been promoting the “holiday” for weeks, various retailers have been pushing new merchandise, previews of Star Wars Rebels are airing, and all evidence points to the fact Star Wars Episode VII news is coming this week.
The biggest clue is Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher have all been spotted in London. That’s where Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn visited writer/director J.J. Abrams and producer Kathleen Kennedy last week to finalize the script. London, where the film will be shooting come May. Check out the evidence of Star Wars 7 news below. Read More »
Disney and Lucasfilm have still not announced who’ll be starring in J.J. Abrams’ Star Wars Episode VII, but information continues to creep out there. Besides the Adam Driver business, one member of the original cast who has no problem saying she’s returning for Star Wars 7 is Carrie Fisher. Time and time again Fisher has let it slip she’s planning on returning for the film and now she’s done it again.
Fisher will be appearing on an upcoming episode of the FXX show Legit and that show’s star, Jim Jefferies, told Sirius XM’s Opie and Anthony Show Fisher will be in London for six months later this year shooting the film. Read the full quote below. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, January 23rd, 2014 by Angie Han
Mark Hamill still won’t confirm his Star Wars Episode VII casting, but he doesn’t have to because Carrie Fisher has already done it for him. Also after the jump:
- Judi Dench is the latest actor hit with Episode VII rumors
- The Boba Fett spinoff may change a few things from Episode II
- Animation on the first episode of Star Wars Rebels is complete
- Disney doesn’t have the Star Wars 1313 trademark anymore
- Here’s how to win a trip Skywalker Ranch and help Make-A-Wish
Read More »
How about some juicy Star Wars rumors for your weekend? These come from The Hollywood Reporter, who say much has changed with Star Wars Episode VII since original screenwriter Michael Arndt left the project last year. Reportedly Arndt wanted the film to focus on the offspring of the original trilogy characters (Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia and Han Solo) while director J.J. Abrams wanted Episode VII to focus on those characters, keeping the offspring in the background until Episode VIII and Episode IX.
Meanwhile, while this shake up was going on, Abrams continued to take meetings with all kinds of actors. Pretty much anyone that’s previously been reported (Benedict Cumberbatch, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Michael B. Jordan, etc.) took a meeting as well as new names Michael Fassbender, Adam Driver and Hugo Weaving. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Enough of this Batman crap, let’s get back to what’s really important in 2015: Star Wars! Here’s the latest from a galaxy far far away.
- Check out three covers and more from The Star Wars comic books.
- Read about how Samuel L. Jackson tried to ask J.J. Abrams about possibly being in Star Wars Episode VII.
- EA wants to reinvent Star Wars video games to make “people’s jaws drop.”
- A minor update on the rumored December 2015 release date.
- Carrie Fisher now refuses to comment about Episode VII.
- There’s a Kickstarter to make a documentary about Chewbacca himself, Peter Mayhew.
- Star Wars: Force Collection, a card-based mobile game, will be out September 4.
- Listen to the voice of Darth Maul, Peter Serafinowicz, talk about his hilarious experiences making Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace.
Read More »
Star Wars Celebration Europe is underway in Germany, and the eyes of Star Wars fans across the globe will be on their Twitter feeds to see if the first convention after the big announcement of new films yields any major news. The head of Lucasfilm, Kathleen Kennedy, will make her first Celebration appearance and she’s bringing along many of the original trilogy’s major stars. In fact, so many of the Star Wars stars are on hand, they took a fantastic photo to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Return of the Jedi. Read More »
Carrie Fisher doesn’t give a crap. Ask her about returning for Star Wars Episode VII, and she’ll gladly talk all about it. In this edition of Star Wars Bits, read her latest quotes as well as the following:
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios is planning very special festivities on May 4th, plus some exclusive art is being released.
- The stars of Return of the Jedi reflect on the production.
- Gallery Nucleus in California does a special Star Wars themed exhibit.
- George Lucas reveals further plans for the Lucas Cultural Arts Museum.
- Comedian and Star Wars fan Patton Oswalt discusses his feelings on the new films.
- Watch Bill Hader‘s impression of a Tauntaun.
- Star Wars characters could be added to Disney Infinity.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, March 27th, 2013 by Angie Han
Harrison Ford doesn’t “even want to discuss” Star Wars, but plenty of other people do. Also after the jump:
- Fans petition the White House for National R2-D2 Day
- A Lucasfilm exec blogs about animation layoffs
- Carrie Fisher will be at Star Wars Celebration
- Ian McDiarmid wants to return as Palpatine
- The Rock is “very excited” for Episode VII
- Diane Kruger would also love to do Star Wars
- Darth Vader attacks Tokyo (Disneyland)
Read More »