At Comic-Con in San Diego, the panel for Star Wars: The Force Awakens was a nice blend of the new and old. New cast members John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver, Gwendoline Christie and Domhnall Gleeson were on hand, and classic heroes Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher were also present. Their presence made for a fun, exciting panel, even if the footage shown wasn’t exclusive to the convention itself.
But the payoff came when director J.J. Abrams started talking about the music of Star Wars. Upon getting affirmation that the Hall H audience loved the music of Star Wars, Abrams delivered some incredible news. The entire crowd of Hall H, about 6,500 people, would be leaving the convention center to attend a live Star Wars concert.
Find out more about the Star Wars Comic Con concert after the jump! Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
After waiting hours in line over the past two days (yes, we have to wait in line just like everyone else), Lucasfilm finally wowed Comic-Con with their panel in Hall H for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and it did not disappoint.
Although there weren’t any major announcements about forthcoming Star Wars Anthology projects or the next two episodes of the new Star Wars trilogy, fans were still left with the feeling that they could take on the whole Empire (or First Order) themselves. Why? Because a wonderful sizzle reel took us behind the scenes of the production of the film, and cast members both new and old came to hype up the start of a new era of Star Wars.
Below, find out everything we learned during the Star Wars Comic Con panel! Read More »
In the last Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer, we got our first look at Chewbacca and Han Solo, but we still haven’t seen the look of Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker, or Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia, in the new installment. The new behind the scenes video that premiered at San Diego Comic Con International now gives us our first look at Carrie Fisher reprising her role as Princess Leia, 32 years after the release of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. Hit the jump to see what Fisher looks like in costume as Princess Leia in JJ Abrams’ Episode 7.
Read More »
There’s lots of fun stuff to discuss in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One writer Chris Weitz asks for the help of Neil deGrasse Tyson.
- Carrie Fisher may have autographed herself into a Star Wars: The Force Awakens spoiler.
- The second Star Wars Anthology film is reportedly still on track for 2018.
- See a quick preview of the Lando Marvel Comic.
- A new official Star Wars canon timeline has been released.
- The books set between Return of the Jedi and Force Awakens will be called The Aftermath Trilogy.
- Season one of Star Wars Rebels may hit Blu-ray in September.
- Several European release dates for Star Wars: The Force Awakens are revealed.
- How many Funko Pop figures based on The Force Awakens will there be?
- John Williams is currently scoring Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Read More »
With Force Awakens rumors, social media, spoilers, merchandise, it’s another jam-packed edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Check out our first possible look at Maz Kanata in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Disney is deliberately pacing marketing and merchandise for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Check out Tim Doyle‘s new Star Wars: The Force Awakens poster.
- Read Vanity Fair‘s extended interview with J.J. Abrams.
- Watch an interview with the production designers of The Force Awakens.
- John Boyega won’t even share Force Awakens secrets with his family.
- Carrie Fisher‘s Mother’s Day Tweet was amazing.
- Billie Lourd confirms she’s not playing a young Leia in The Force Awakens.
- Check out the cover Marvel Comics’ Lando #1.
- Listen to audio from inside a theater in 1977 showing Star Wars.
- Read some potential spoilers about a scene involving Rey and Kylo Ren.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Star Wars Celebration leads the charge in this edition of Star Wars Bits, with lots of info on the event. Plus, video games, set stories and more. Below, read about the following:
- Felicity Jones says she’s starting to get ready for Star Wars: Rogue One.
- Hear Carrie Fisher talk about being scared on the set of Star Wars.
- Get details on attending Thursday’s Celebration Star Wars: The Force Awakens panel and see the floor plan.
- Daredevil’s showrunner would love to do a live action Star Wars series.
- Oscar Isaac explains how he learns about Force Awakens online spoilers.
- Footage from Visceral’s untitled Star Wars game likely to debut at E3.
- A tease from the Star Wars Battlefront reveal, as well as a potential release date.
- See the Boba Fett action figure variant cover of Star Wars #4.
- Details have been revealed of the Star Wars cruise packages.
- The cast has been revealed for the Smuggler’s Bounty reading at Celebration.
- The Force Awakens novelization might be delayed until 2016.
- Listen to the funny advice Harrison Ford gave to Oscar Isaac on the set of The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Next week, the second trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be revealed. You can read more about that here. It’ll then be in theaters with Avengers: Age of Ultron. But what, specifically, will the trailer feature? MakingStarWars has a very intriguing list of images they believe are going to appear in the trailer. If it’s true, this is going to be insane. Read the Force Awakens trailer 2 details below.
Read More »
You’re in luck today because there’s a whole bunch of great information in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker are first actors confirmed for Star Wars Celebration.
- Matthew Vaughn would love to direct a Star Wars movie.
- Watch J.J. Abrams accept a visual effects award, mention directing Star Wars.
- Mackenzie Davis was reportedly also up for the Star Wars standalone.
- Three major characters are rumored to appear in the Star Wars Rebels Season Two premiere.
- Mark Hamill did a great Don’t Talk PSA for the Alamo Drafthouse.
- Marvel’s Princess Leia comic has over 250,000 pre-orders; See a few new covers.
- John Boyega talks about Star Wars: The Force Awakens excitement.
- Female Stormtroopers are canon.
- A small update on the production status of the Star Wars standalone.
- Billy Dee Williams thinks he’ll appear in a new Star Wars movie.
- Could Han Solo appear in Star Wars Rebels?
- See a homemade Millennium Falcon drone.
- Get a glimpse of what Princess Leia’s outfit might look like in The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Last week, Latino Review ran an article about next trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens debuting with Avengers: Age of Ultron. However, since you read /Film, you already knew that because we broke that news a month prior. What our friends at Latino Review mentioned that we didn’t though was the trailer would include footage of Han, Luke, Leia and Chewbacca. That was news to us.
You see, the source who tipped us off to the new trailer told us something almost totally different. They said the original trilogy characters would not be featured in the marketing because Lucasfilm wants to keep their specific roles as secret as possible. Plus, with so many new characters, worlds, ships, etc. to sell people on, they don’t want to show too much familiar stuff. They want it to be Star Wars, but a new Star Wars, like the first teaser trailer. Familiar yet different.
Our source never said we wouldn’t see the characters at all. It was just strongly implied they would be in the background. Could this strategy, one we heard about in late November, have changed? Could Disney have decided to put the original trilogy characters in the marketing? Like most things, the truth will most likely be found in the middle. Read More »