Last week, Latino Review ran an article about next trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens debuting with Avengers: Age of Ultron. However, since you read /Film, you already knew that because we broke that news a month prior. What our friends at Latino Review mentioned that we didn’t though was the trailer would include footage of Han, Luke, Leia and Chewbacca. That was news to us.
You see, the source who tipped us off to the new trailer told us something almost totally different. They said the original trilogy characters would not be featured in the marketing because Lucasfilm wants to keep their specific roles as secret as possible. Plus, with so many new characters, worlds, ships, etc. to sell people on, they don’t want to show too much familiar stuff. They want it to be Star Wars, but a new Star Wars, like the first teaser trailer. Familiar yet different.
Our source never said we wouldn’t see the characters at all. It was just strongly implied they would be in the background. Could this strategy, one we heard about in late November, have changed? Could Disney have decided to put the original trilogy characters in the marketing? Like most things, the truth will most likely be found in the middle. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
One of the most obvious moments you’ve reached adulthood is when you start talking about kids. Whether someone has kids, they’re thinking about kids, or whatever else, that’s the moment. The thought opens up a huge pandora’s box of other issues too, least important of which is how do you show your kids the Star Wars Saga. The order in which you choose to show you kids the Star Wars movies is a debate regularly had amongst film fans but we always forget one thing. We never consider how the kids feel. It’s just a foregone conclusion that they’re going to like them.
A new video has surface that’s proof positive they do like them, but maybe have a few questions. One father recorded the conversation he had with his five-year-old daughter about Princess Leia’s Slave outfit in Return of the Jedi and the results are priceless, especially when animated. Check out the father daughter Slave Leia video below. Read More »
We loved the Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser trailer, and have already over analyzed and talked about it at length elsewhere on the site. But as I thought more about the trailer, I realized that the teaser was missing a few key elements that most people would have expected. Note: these are not complaints, only observations. What is Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer missing? Find out after the jump.
Read More »
Beer and parties are two of the things in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Yes, for real. There’s also Episode VII speculation and all of the following:
- Star Trek star Brent Spiner has joined Star Wars Rebels.
- Read a rumor of how performance capture is being used in Star Wars Episode VII.
- Footage from the cancelled Star Wars Battlefront 3 game is out.
- Watch Rebels Recon, the official Star Wars Rebels recap show.
- See photos from the London birthday celebration of Carrie Fisher.
- Daisy Ridley gets a new agent.
- Lucasfilm considers legal action against a beer company over their latest brew.
- Will Star Wars Episode VII steal a gag from Episode IV? And are there set photos of it?
- A possible scene with Han Solo and Chewbacca is described.
Read More »
This is a jam-packed edition of Star Wars Bits. We’ve got real Star Wars Episode VII news, rumors, toy information, book excerpts, and even mobile game updates. Below, read about the following.
- John Williams will start working on Star Wars Episode VII in two weeks.
- Read about some of the work Phil Tippett might be doing on Episode VII.
- Oscar Isaac has finished his work on Star Wars Episode VII.
- See Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher hit the town together.
- Read the ominious opening crawl of the new novel Tarkin.
- Star Wars authors can still use Expanded Universe bits.
- A new creature from Star Wars Episode VII is described.
- Some mysterious new characters are revealed in latest Star Wars Lego images.
- Watch a video of the new Lego Slave 1.
- Star Wars mobile game Tiny Death Star has been taken off line while Angry Birds gets a Star Wars Rebels update.
- Possible descriptions of Han Solo‘s outfits in Star Wars Episode VII.
Read More »
Star Wars Rebels is the focus of this edition of Star Wars Bits, including connections to Episode VII, VIII and IX, but there are rumors, cool Marvel Comics teases and more. Below, read about the following:
- See three Star Wars Rebels propaganda posters designed by Eric Tan.
- Disney executives are placing extra special pressure on Star Wars Episode VII.
- A popular supporting character in The Clone Wars returns for Star Wars Rebels.
- Read the descriptions of the first six episodes in the series.
- Scott Derrickson is not up for a Star Wars project.
- Carrie Fisher talks about Star Wars Episode VII.
- Marvel Comics is working on a Star Wars comic from a new era.
- Simon Kinberg talks Rebels connecting to Episode VII and The Inquisitor.
- The New York Times covers Star Wars Rebels.
Read More »
Considering the long casting process J.J. Abrams and crew went through for Star Wars Episode VII, it’s surprising some missed one simple way to get in the movie: nepotism. The latest rumor surrounding the film is that Billie Lourd, the daughter of Carrie Fisher, has been cast in the movie. A second rumor on top of that says that she’s playing either Leia’s daughter or, oddly, a younger version of Leia herself. We’ll explore both Billie Lourd Star Wars rumors below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Lots of cool stuff in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Lots of Episode VII, of course, but also some cool Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher quotes, new merchandise and even a George Lucas cameo. Below, read about the following.
- Paparazzi spotted an interesting trio of Star Wars Episode VII principals on the street.
- George Lucas doesn’t seem worried about the leaked set photos.
- Check out the first Star Wars Hot Wheels toy.
- Watch a full, 45 minute interview with Mark Hamill at Star Wars Weekends at Disney World.
- Billy Dee Williams confirms he has contributed to Star Wars Rebels.
- Watch a new video about the Lucas Cultural Arts Museum.
- Potential details of multiple Star Wars Episode VII sets are revealed.
- See John Boyega in the Star Wars makeup chair.
Read More »