Earlier this week Hot Toys announced an 18-foot-long 1/6th scale Millennium Falcon, which will make its debut at Ani-Com and Games Hong Kong (ACGHK) in just a couple more days. Before that show, Hot Toys has officially announced the addition of a 1/6th scale Princess Leia figure to their Star Wars line. The highly-detailed collectible figure is of course based on actress Carrie Fisher‘s iconic likeness from Star Wars: A New Hope. Hit the jump to see a gallery of photos of the new Hot Toys Princess Leia figure and learn more about the release.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next the power of Star Wars Bits. This week’s news from a galaxy far, far away includes the following:
- Details on The Battle of Jakku and more post-Return of the Jedi info
- Harrison Ford gives advice to new co-stars, uses lightsaber as a cane
- New info on Han Solo and Chewie in The Force Awakens
- BB-8 on the cover of Make magazine
- Comic-Con interviews with J.J. Abrams and cast
- George Lucas to be honored at D23
- Science Channel ILM documentary special teaser clip
- Kevin Smith got screwed by Star Wars at Comic-Con
- Production designer talks mandate for authenticity in Episode VII
- Amy Schumer‘s saucy Star Wars photoshoot for GQ
- New details on Star Wars Battlefront gameplay
- Gary Whitta on Star Wars and the Comic-Con experience
Read More »
At Comic-Con in San Diego, the panel for Star Wars: The Force Awakens was a nice blend of the new and old. New cast members John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver, Gwendoline Christie and Domhnall Gleeson were on hand, and classic heroes Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher were also present. Their presence made for a fun, exciting panel, even if the footage shown wasn’t exclusive to the convention itself.
But the payoff came when director J.J. Abrams started talking about the music of Star Wars. Upon getting affirmation that the Hall H audience loved the music of Star Wars, Abrams delivered some incredible news. The entire crowd of Hall H, about 6,500 people, would be leaving the convention center to attend a live Star Wars concert.
Find out more about the Star Wars Comic Con concert after the jump! Read More »
After waiting hours in line over the past two days (yes, we have to wait in line just like everyone else), Lucasfilm finally wowed Comic-Con with their panel in Hall H for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and it did not disappoint.
Although there weren’t any major announcements about forthcoming Star Wars Anthology projects or the next two episodes of the new Star Wars trilogy, fans were still left with the feeling that they could take on the whole Empire (or First Order) themselves. Why? Because a wonderful sizzle reel took us behind the scenes of the production of the film, and cast members both new and old came to hype up the start of a new era of Star Wars.
Below, find out everything we learned during the Star Wars Comic Con panel! Read More »
In the last Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer, we got our first look at Chewbacca and Han Solo, but we still haven’t seen the look of Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker, or Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia, in the new installment. The new behind the scenes video that premiered at San Diego Comic Con International now gives us our first look at Carrie Fisher reprising her role as Princess Leia, 32 years after the release of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. Hit the jump to see what Fisher looks like in costume as Princess Leia in JJ Abrams’ Episode 7.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
There’s lots of fun stuff to discuss in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One writer Chris Weitz asks for the help of Neil deGrasse Tyson.
- Carrie Fisher may have autographed herself into a Star Wars: The Force Awakens spoiler.
- The second Star Wars Anthology film is reportedly still on track for 2018.
- See a quick preview of the Lando Marvel Comic.
- A new official Star Wars canon timeline has been released.
- The books set between Return of the Jedi and Force Awakens will be called The Aftermath Trilogy.
- Season one of Star Wars Rebels may hit Blu-ray in September.
- Several European release dates for Star Wars: The Force Awakens are revealed.
- How many Funko Pop figures based on The Force Awakens will there be?
- John Williams is currently scoring Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Read More »
With Force Awakens rumors, social media, spoilers, merchandise, it’s another jam-packed edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Check out our first possible look at Maz Kanata in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Disney is deliberately pacing marketing and merchandise for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Check out Tim Doyle‘s new Star Wars: The Force Awakens poster.
- Read Vanity Fair‘s extended interview with J.J. Abrams.
- Watch an interview with the production designers of The Force Awakens.
- John Boyega won’t even share Force Awakens secrets with his family.
- Carrie Fisher‘s Mother’s Day Tweet was amazing.
- Billie Lourd confirms she’s not playing a young Leia in The Force Awakens.
- Check out the cover Marvel Comics’ Lando #1.
- Listen to audio from inside a theater in 1977 showing Star Wars.
- Read some potential spoilers about a scene involving Rey and Kylo Ren.
Read More »
Star Wars Celebration leads the charge in this edition of Star Wars Bits, with lots of info on the event. Plus, video games, set stories and more. Below, read about the following:
- Felicity Jones says she’s starting to get ready for Star Wars: Rogue One.
- Hear Carrie Fisher talk about being scared on the set of Star Wars.
- Get details on attending Thursday’s Celebration Star Wars: The Force Awakens panel and see the floor plan.
- Daredevil’s showrunner would love to do a live action Star Wars series.
- Oscar Isaac explains how he learns about Force Awakens online spoilers.
- Footage from Visceral’s untitled Star Wars game likely to debut at E3.
- A tease from the Star Wars Battlefront reveal, as well as a potential release date.
- See the Boba Fett action figure variant cover of Star Wars #4.
- Details have been revealed of the Star Wars cruise packages.
- The cast has been revealed for the Smuggler’s Bounty reading at Celebration.
- The Force Awakens novelization might be delayed until 2016.
- Listen to the funny advice Harrison Ford gave to Oscar Isaac on the set of The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Next week, the second trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be revealed. You can read more about that here. It’ll then be in theaters with Avengers: Age of Ultron. But what, specifically, will the trailer feature? MakingStarWars has a very intriguing list of images they believe are going to appear in the trailer. If it’s true, this is going to be insane. Read the Force Awakens trailer 2 details below.
Read More »