Posted on Wednesday, March 13th, 2013 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits is stuffed to the brim with images, quotes, tweets, and more. After the jump:
- Would Bryan Singer ever direct a Star Trek movie?
- Damon Lindelof explains all the secrecy about the villain
- Seth Grahame-Smith gets cracking on Beetlejuice 2
- Steven Seagal‘s out, Jackie Chan‘s in for Expendables 3
- Willow and Roger Rabbit sequels offer non-updates
- Anchorman 2 will feature Champ Kind, restauranteur
- The Happy Madison boys goof off in Grown Ups 2 posters
- Storm Shadow looks especially badass in new G.I. Joe pics
- Kick-Ass 2 reveals six new high-res images and a poster
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Friday, March 8th, 2013 by Angie Han
LeVar Burton has some issues with J.J. Abrams‘ attitude toward the Star Trek franchise, and no, it doesn’t have anything to do with that Star Wars gig. Also after the jump:
- Producer Joe Roth talks a bit about Alice in Wonderland 2
- Transformers 4 will be darker and grittier, says Mark Wahlberg
- Benedict Cumberbatch‘s John Harrison is a “warrior” like Nero
- Steve Carell thinks it’s better that Anchorman 2 took so long
- Sofia Vergara literally has a killer bod in the Machete Kills poster
- Kermit gets a doppelganger or two in The Muppets… Again
- G.I. Joe: Retaliation unveils new character-centric featurettes
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, January 23rd, 2013 by Angie Han
Last spring, Paramount made the surprising decision to delay G.I. Joe: Retaliation by nine months, from June 2012 to March 2013, so that it could be converted to 3D. Now, in just a couple of months, we’ll find out whether that costly last-minute change was worth it.
The latest trailer tries to hype up the new 3D with plenty of ninja-tastic action. But to really get a sense of how the whole 3D thing has worked out for Paramount and MGM you may want to buy a ticket to this weekend’s Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters, as it’ll screen with a four-minute 3D preview of G.I. Joe Retaliation. Read more details and watch the new promo after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, January 17th, 2013 by Angie Han
Bruce Willis has starred in many sequels over the course of his three-decade career, but in 2013 he really outdoes himself with three separate sequels and nothing else. The first of them, A Good Day to Die Hard, hits next month, followed by G.I. Joe: Retaliation in March. Bringing up the rear is Red 2, which has just unveiled a first trailer in advance of its August release.
While the first one wasn’t anything special, it was an enjoyable bit of fluff elevated by a stellar cast. Red 2 looks to be in a similar vein. Dean Parisot (Galaxy Quest) takes over directing duties this time around, while Willis, Helen Mirren, John Malkovich, and Mary-Louise Parker all reprise their roles. This time around, the gang is headed to Europe to stop a nuclear device from falling into the wrong hands. Anthony Hopkins, Catherine Zeta-Jones, David Thewlis, and Willis’ G.I. Joe co-star Byung-hun Lee also appear. Check out the video after the jump.
Read More »
This past weekend, Paramount brought footage from the delayed G.I. Joe: Retaliation to Harry Knowles’ annual 24-hour movie marathon in Austin, TX. I wasn’t in attendance, but the consensus on the Joe footage, which featured that mountainside ninja battle, was easy to read: everyone I talked to said the sequence had some of the best post-converted 3D they’d seen. Many films and quite a few clips of upcoming releases were screened at BNAT14, but the Retaliation footage created more positive talk than some other new stuff did. Doesn’t mean the movie is a winner, necessarily, but it sounds like the 3D conversion was a success.
You won’t get to see that 3D online, but this new trailer for the March release does show some new footage. It also includes slightly more of Channing Tatum than any previous trailer for the film has — whether that is due to the reported beefing-up of his role in the movie still isn’t something we know at this point. Check out the trailer below. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, May 9th, 2012 by Angie Han
Lots to see in today’s Sequel Bits, including a DVD featurette, a blooper reel, a TV spot, posters, and a (not at all revealing) set photo. After the jump:
- Another new TV spot debuts for Men in Black 3
- Gary Busey goes nuts in Piranha 3DD outtakes
- Watch a featurette from the Underworld: Awakening DVD
- Simon Pegg and Zachary Quinto tweet wrapping Star Trek 2
- Check out the Korean G.I. Joe: Retaliation posters
- Donnie Yen is set to return for Ip Man 3D
- Who wants to be an extra on Atlas Shrugged Part 2?
Read More »
Posted on Monday, April 30th, 2012 by Angie Han
J.J. Abrams’ Star Trek 2 (or whatever they end up calling it) is really the center of attention in this Sequel Bits, thanks to some fresh set photos, shooting info for the Bay Area, and news about a potential cameo. Also after the jump:
- Piranha 3DD unveils a revised trailer, now with more Hoff
- Agent J goes for a ride in a new Men in Black 3 poster
- Storm Shadow takes center stage in international G.I. Joe one-sheets
- Sylvester Stallone spills his thoughts on Rambo 5
- Producer says The Strangers 2 will finally shoot this fall
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Cinemacon delivered a new trailer for G.I. Joe: Retaliation earlier this week, and now a new international trailer features a great deal of new footage. It’s pretty much entirely big, cheesy stuff in which the betrayed Joes battle the devious forces of Cobra with high tech and charming brawn, the latter courtesy of The Rock and Bruce Willis.
But like most of the other footage from Jon M. Chu‘s sequel, it looks like it might be just as entertaining as it is fluffy. Is it possible that Chu has his the sweet spot for summer movies with this cartoonish action film? Let’s hope. Check out the new stuff below. Read More »