There have been a ton of casting announcements over the last month for Roland Emmerich‘s upcoming Independence Day sequel, some of which we have missed reporting on. With the news today that William Fichtner is joining the ensemble which is currently filming, I thought now is a good time to do a round up of the Independence Day sequel cast, giving you all of the details on who is involved, returning, not returning, and what roles they may have in the upcoming sequel.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
This edition of sequel bits has some casting, some photos and some interesting trivia from sequels that never will be. Below, read the latest edition of Sequel Bits.
- Joey King and Brent Spiner return for Independence Day 2.
- The kids are scared in a new photo from Jurassic World.
- Brian O’Halloran returns for Mallrats 2.
- See a crazy photo of Kristen Wiig in Zoolander 2.
- Johnny Galecki joins the cast of Rings, plus more details.
- Why isn’t Ja Rule in the Fast and Furious sequels?
- The time has passed for a Dwayne Johnson Hobbs Fast and Furious spin off.
- A new Hitman: Agent 47 poster is out.
- The star of Tomorrowland ponders the possibility of a sequel.
- Watch Broken Lizard start training for Super Troopers 2.
- More discussion about a Dragon Tattoo sequel.
- Adam Sandler killed a Freddy Krueger prequel.
Read More »
Beer and parties are two of the things in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Yes, for real. There’s also Episode VII speculation and all of the following:
- Star Trek star Brent Spiner has joined Star Wars Rebels.
- Read a rumor of how performance capture is being used in Star Wars Episode VII.
- Footage from the cancelled Star Wars Battlefront 3 game is out.
- Watch Rebels Recon, the official Star Wars Rebels recap show.
- See photos from the London birthday celebration of Carrie Fisher.
- Daisy Ridley gets a new agent.
- Lucasfilm considers legal action against a beer company over their latest brew.
- Will Star Wars Episode VII steal a gag from Episode IV? And are there set photos of it?
- A possible scene with Han Solo and Chewbacca is described.
Read More »
Couple of bits of info on upcoming sequels for you today. First up, Brent Spiner, who played Data on Star Trek: The Next Generation and in several movies that followed, might like to appear in the upcoming Star Trek sequel currently being written by Damon Lindelof, Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci and J.J. Abrams. Emphasis on ‘might,’ however. In an online chat to promote his new series Fresh Hell, the actor joked about a possible role in the Trek sequel:
I am thinking more about the next Star Trek movie and more about who can I be in it. I did this character Arik Soong [on Star Trek Enterprise], not to be confused with Dr. Soong on the [TNG], this was his predecessor. And I would like to start a campaign, maybe right here tonight, its called BBS – Bring Back Soong. And I want you to flood JJ Abrams offices with that: BBS, Bring Back Soong.
So: little more than a joke, but not the worst one. Better to have Soong come back than Data, who would stick out amid the Abrams versions of the classic characters. After the break, we carry on with minor sequel news with a bit of info on the sequel to Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. Read More »
Mini-LOL: Is Disney trying to sell their latest animated film Tangled with subliminal sex messages? [brew]
What is Page 2? Page 2 is a compilation of stories and news tidbits, which for whatever reason, didn’t make the front page of /Film. After the jump we’ve included 40 different items, fun images, videos, casting tidbits, articles of interest and more. It’s like a mystery grab bag of movie web related goodness. If you have any interesting items that we might’ve missed that you think should go in /Film’s Page 2 – email us!
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Dimension Films have finally announced the completed cast line-up for their upcoming superhero comedy spoof. The cast of Superhero includes: Drake Bell (Yours, Mine and Ours), Sara Paxton (Sydney White), Christopher McDonald (Happy Gilmore), Leslie Nielsen (The Naked Gun), Kevin Hart (Soul Plane), Marion Ross (Happy Days), Ryan Hansen (Palo Alto), Jeffrey Tambor (Hellboy) and Brent Spiner (Star Trek: The Next Generation).
I’m a little disappointed with the cast list (with the exception of McDonald and Spiner), but I’ve already set my expectations really low as Scary Movie 3 & 4 writer/director Craig Mazin will helm the project. I really think a superhero spoof could be great if done right. I’m kind of surprised that they’re not calling it “Superhero Movie”, or has America caught on that the Scary Movie franchise sucks? If so, I’m surprised it took four films.