Posted on Tuesday, September 24th, 2013 by Angie Han
Indie romcoms about self-doubting writers and quirky hipster goddesses are a dime a dozen, but Kat Coiro‘s A Case of You has a special secret weapon in the form of one Peter Dinklage. While the main romance revolves around Justin Long and Evan Rachel Wood, the Game of Thrones star seems poised to steal every scene he’s in as an odd barista with a hideous mustache. Watch the trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Friday, December 7th, 2012 by Angie Han
Today’s TV bits is stuffed to the brim with new project announcements, casting notices, trailers, and much more. After the jump:
- Mike Judge and Scott Rudin team for Silicon Valley at HBO
- FX is adapting J. Michael Feldman‘s show Fairy Tale Theater
- Goonies co-stars Sean Astin and Corey Feldman reunite on TMNT
- The Newsroom casts someone to play a Romney campaign staffer
- Sean Bean replaces Brendan Fraser in TNT’s spy drama Legends
- The CW gives freshman drama series Cult a February premiere date
- Jon Hamm and John Slattery direct more episodes of Mad Men
- Is Doctor Who uniting all 11 Doctors for an anniversary special?
- How would you like to create a title sequence for A&E’s Bates Motel?
- Read an in-depth oral history of beloved cult classic Freaks & Geeks
- Hannah fails to get a job in a deleted scene from Season 1 of Girls
- Laura Dern has big plans in the Enlightened Season 2 teaser
- See a teaser for the Beyonce-directed documentary about Beyonce
- Check out a production video from the Game of Thrones set
- Showtime offers up a teaser for season 6 of Californication
Read More »
Posted on Friday, November 2nd, 2012 by Angie Han
Under what circumstances might you see Harry Potter and Don Draper taking a bath together? Hit the jump to find out. Plus:
- Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert go live for the election
- What does your favorite show say about your politics?
- Brendan Fraser won’t be one of TNT’s Legends after all
- AMC puts Hell on Wheels‘ Season 3 renewal on hold
- FX isn’t so happy with the second Powers pilot, either
- An adaptation of Tim Seeley‘s Revival is in the works
- HBO goes forward with Stephen Merchant‘s Hello Ladies
Read More »
Posted on Monday, October 22nd, 2012 by Angie Han
There’s a lot of new stuff to get through in today’s TV Bits, so let’s get right to it. After the jump:
- AMC and Dish settle legal dispute; AMC resumes airing on Dish
- Why The Walking Dead ended up at AMC instead of HBO or NBC
- NBC euthanizes Animal Practice and brings back Whitney
- Louis C.K. lines up his Saturday Night Live hosting debut
- Taken director Pierre Morel will work on NBC pilot After Hours
- Pitch Perfect helmer Jason Moore will direct ABC’s Trophy Wife
- Brendan Fraser heads to TNT for the drama pilot Legends
- Andy Samberg joins Mike Schur and Dan Goor‘s new comedy
- Craig Robinson lands the lead in Greg Daniels‘ NBC sitcom
- Arrested Development re-hires Carl Weathers, gets a documentary
- Check out Dany, Ser Jorah, and more on Game of Thrones‘ Qarth set
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, May 22nd, 2012 by Angie Han
Don’t worry — though the groan-inducing title and involvement of Brendan Fraser suggest the worst, Whole Lotta Sole is not a stupider sequel to 2010′s Furry Vengeance. Instead, it’s an uncharacteristically lighthearted dramedy from Terry George, the writer/director behind such serious-minded works as Hotel Rwanda and Reservation Road.
Martin McCann (The Pacific) stars as Jimbo, a young father who’s in heavy debt to local crime boss Mad Dog Flynn (David O’Hara, The Departed). Desperate, Jimbo decides to hold up the local fish market (called Whole Lotta Sole, hence the title) but finds himself in even deeper trouble than before. In an attempt to break free, he takes hostage an American antiques shop manager Joe (Fraser) and his new girlfriend Sophie (Yaya DaCosta). Colm Meaney also stars, as the policeman detective on the case. Watch the trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Back in May, we heard that Brendan Fraser would play William Tell in a 3D film to be directed by Doctor Who veteran Nick Hurran. The movie is still moving forward, but one thing has changed: Hurran will no longer direct. Instead, Eric Brevig, who directed Fraser in Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D, will helm William Tell 3D, the film that is planned to shoot in the styles of — what else? — Pirates of the Caribbean and Guy Ritchie’s Sherlock Holmes. Read More »
We had a couple of days where mid-level casting for a lot of projects was going crazy. Maybe there was something in the air; maybe casting directors and agents just all got together and had a field day. It’s been a bit slower today, but still there are a couple of items to catch up on. After the break, you’ll find info on how:
- Robin Williams appears to be cast in Gently Down the Stream, with Robert De Niro and Susan Sarandon.
- Joel David Moore (Avatar) will be in Oliver Stone’s Savages.
- and Katie Cassidy takes the lead in Freaky Deaky. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
If writer/director Charles Matthau was looking to get everyone’s attention for his upcoming adaptation of the Elmore Leonard novel Freaky Deaky, mission accomplished. A few months back, he got a good start by casting William H. Macy in a major role and today he upped the ante by getting Matt Dillon, Brendan Fraser and Craig Robinson to join the film about a couple of former hippies who use bomb making skills to extort millions of dollars. Dillon plays an LAPD office who becomes wise to the scam, Fraser is one of the hippies, Macy is the millionaire mark and Robinson is his former Black Panther assistant. Read More »