Posted on Friday, January 9th, 2015 by Angie Han
Ever since Matt Damon agreed to return for a fourth Bourne picture, we’ve heard rumors that the franchise would lead to a crossover between his Jason Bourne and Jeremy Renner‘s Aaron Cross. However, according to producer Frank Marshall, no such team-up is in the cards just yet.
But there’s no need to cry for Renner. Marshall also confirms there’s still room for the Bourne Legacy star going forward. Get the Frank Marshall Bourne crossover comments after the jump. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Tuesday, January 6th, 2015 by Angie Han
Fans have been waiting a long time to see Matt Damon return as Jason Bourne, and now it looks like they’re going to have to stay patient just a little tiny bit longer. Universal has delayed the untitled action sequel, but it’s still coming next summer. More details on the Bourne 5 release date after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, October 8th, 2014 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits involves a bit of casting, a bit of un-casting, lots of movie star quotes and, best of all, Jeff Goldblum. After the jump:
- Bill & Ted 3 is “closer, but no closer,” says Keanu Reeves
- Jason Schwartzman offers a Bored to Death update
- Super Troopers 2 will definitely involve mustaches
- Jeremy Renner continues to talk about Bourne
- Karl Urban claims Star Trek 3 is “phenomenal”
- There’s a place for Jeff Goldblum in Independence Day 2
- Chinese actress Zhang Jingchu boards Mission: Impossible 5
- Ted 2 fires 7th Heaven actor Stephen Collins amid scandal
- Ed Helms‘ Vacation sequel gets a fall 2015 release date
- Bond 24 adds Rome to its list of awesome locations
Read More »
Posted on Friday, September 26th, 2014 by Angie Han
We present to you some sequel-related odds and ends to take you into the weekend. After the jump:
- Liam Neeson and John Slattery will also be in Ted 2
- Check out the first Dumb and Dumber To TV spot
- Watch the new extended Alien: Isolation TV spot
- Lindsay Lohan has an idea for a Mean Girls sequel
- George Takei is not “lobbying” for a Star Trek 3 role
- Ryan Hansen talks about his Veronica Mars spinoff
- Peter Cullen wants Michael Bay for Transformers 5
- Denzel Washington isn’t confirmed for Equalizer 2
- Jeremy Renner is excited for M:I5 and more Bourne
Read More »
Most thrillers keep the suspense on-screen, but the Bourne franchise now has edge-of-your-seat action behind-the-scenes too. News that Matt Damon and Paul Greengrass would return to Universal to make the fourth Jason Bourne film has been the biggest surprise of the week so far. But that’s just the beginning.
Greengrass didn’t have the most pleasant split from the franchise after The Bourne Ultimatum, despite it being the most successful film of the franchise. Damon said he’d only play Bourne again if Greengrass returned, and that didn’t seem like a very likely option. Now they may both be back for Bourne 5, putting the planned 2016 sequel to Jeremy Renner‘s The Bourne Legacy in question.
But hold up — things aren’t quite so set on either front just yet, suggests producer Frank Marshall. There’s no deal for Greengrass yet, and in the meantime development on the Renner sequel is still moving forward. “We’re on two tracks,” he says. Read More »
Shocking news in the world of Bourne: reports say Matt Damon and Paul Greengrass are making deals to return for their third Jason Bourne film together. (This new one would be the fifth overall film in the series.) The film would take the Summer 2016 release date that was already in place for The Bourne Legacy sequel, which was set to be directed by Justin Lin and star Jeremy Renner. Read more about the Matt Damon Bourne 5 news below. Read More »
Posted on Friday, June 20th, 2014 by Angie Han
UPDATE: Producer Frank Marshall has issued a straightforward denial that Matt Damon will be back for Bourne 5. More info below after the original story text.
Universal didn’t offer an official explanation when it announced this week that Bourne 5 had been pushed back a year to 2016. But the rumor mill, as usual, is happy to fill in the blanks.
The latest (unconfirmed) word is that Bourne 5 was delayed to accommodate a busy star. No, not Jeremy Renner. Matt Damon. Hit the jump for more on Damon’s possible return.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Briefly: The once jam-packed summer of 2015 continues to thin out. In a slow parade, one film after another has bowed out of next year’s summer season. Now another can be added the list. The fifth Bourne film, which is still untitled, has moved from August 14, 2015, to July 15, 2016.
Jeremy Renner is back as Aaron Cross and Justin Lin is directing. Beyond that, we know very little. What we do know is Lin will now have a lot more time to make the movie, which will open against Ice Age 5. Universal will distribute.