Posted on Wednesday, October 8th, 2014 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits involves a bit of casting, a bit of un-casting, lots of movie star quotes and, best of all, Jeff Goldblum. After the jump:
- Bill & Ted 3 is “closer, but no closer,” says Keanu Reeves
- Jason Schwartzman offers a Bored to Death update
- Super Troopers 2 will definitely involve mustaches
- Jeremy Renner continues to talk about Bourne
- Karl Urban claims Star Trek 3 is “phenomenal”
- There’s a place for Jeff Goldblum in Independence Day 2
- Chinese actress Zhang Jingchu boards Mission: Impossible 5
- Ted 2 fires 7th Heaven actor Stephen Collins amid scandal
- Ed Helms‘ Vacation sequel gets a fall 2015 release date
- Bond 24 adds Rome to its list of awesome locations
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Friday, September 26th, 2014 by Angie Han
We present to you some sequel-related odds and ends to take you into the weekend. After the jump:
- Liam Neeson and John Slattery will also be in Ted 2
- Check out the first Dumb and Dumber To TV spot
- Watch the new extended Alien: Isolation TV spot
- Lindsay Lohan has an idea for a Mean Girls sequel
- George Takei is not “lobbying” for a Star Trek 3 role
- Ryan Hansen talks about his Veronica Mars spinoff
- Peter Cullen wants Michael Bay for Transformers 5
- Denzel Washington isn’t confirmed for Equalizer 2
- Jeremy Renner is excited for M:I5 and more Bourne
Read More »
Most thrillers keep the suspense on-screen, but the Bourne franchise now has edge-of-your-seat action behind-the-scenes too. News that Matt Damon and Paul Greengrass would return to Universal to make the fourth Jason Bourne film has been the biggest surprise of the week so far. But that’s just the beginning.
Greengrass didn’t have the most pleasant split from the franchise after The Bourne Ultimatum, despite it being the most successful film of the franchise. Damon said he’d only play Bourne again if Greengrass returned, and that didn’t seem like a very likely option. Now they may both be back for Bourne 5, putting the planned 2016 sequel to Jeremy Renner‘s The Bourne Legacy in question.
But hold up — things aren’t quite so set on either front just yet, suggests producer Frank Marshall. There’s no deal for Greengrass yet, and in the meantime development on the Renner sequel is still moving forward. “We’re on two tracks,” he says. Read More »
Shocking news in the world of Bourne: reports say Matt Damon and Paul Greengrass are making deals to return for their third Jason Bourne film together. (This new one would be the fifth overall film in the series.) The film would take the Summer 2016 release date that was already in place for The Bourne Legacy sequel, which was set to be directed by Justin Lin and star Jeremy Renner. Read more about the Matt Damon Bourne 5 news below. Read More »
Posted on Friday, June 20th, 2014 by Angie Han
UPDATE: Producer Frank Marshall has issued a straightforward denial that Matt Damon will be back for Bourne 5. More info below after the original story text.
Universal didn’t offer an official explanation when it announced this week that Bourne 5 had been pushed back a year to 2016. But the rumor mill, as usual, is happy to fill in the blanks.
The latest (unconfirmed) word is that Bourne 5 was delayed to accommodate a busy star. No, not Jeremy Renner. Matt Damon. Hit the jump for more on Damon’s possible return.
Read More »
Briefly: The once jam-packed summer of 2015 continues to thin out. In a slow parade, one film after another has bowed out of next year’s summer season. Now another can be added the list. The fifth Bourne film, which is still untitled, has moved from August 14, 2015, to July 15, 2016.
Jeremy Renner is back as Aaron Cross and Justin Lin is directing. Beyond that, we know very little. What we do know is Lin will now have a lot more time to make the movie, which will open against Ice Age 5. Universal will distribute.
Can you believe it? Yet another franchise sequel has been set for the summer of 2015. This time it’s the as-yet-untitled fifth Bourne film, directed by Justin Lin and starring Jeremy Renner. Universal also dated Luc Besson‘s thriller, Lucy, starring Scarlett Johansson as a trained killer; read more about both below.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Friday, September 6th, 2013 by Angie Han
You know how we’ve all been clamoring for a Showgirls sequel? Well, too bad, because we’re getting one anyway. Kind of. Also after the jump:
- Watch a clip from the direct-to-DVD sequel Curse of Chucky
- Paul Greengrass confirms that he has not signed on for more Bourne
- Lady Gaga will drop by Robert Rodriguez‘s Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
- Pretty girls and scary weapons abound in new Machete Kills pics
- See two new stills from the Rurouni Kenshin sequels landing next summer
- Kelsey Grammer chats Transformers 4, and a new set video surfaces
Read More »