Last fall brought the return of Daniel Craig as James Bond in Spectre, and along with him came a classic villain played by Christoph Waltz. As of now the future of the 007 franchise is uncertain, with no new movie in development and no official or unofficial sequel date on the horizon, but there may be one detail that is already set.
Christoph Waltz is rumored to be coming back not just for Bond 25, but also for Bond 26. However, there’s a catch. Waltz will only return for the sequels if Daniel Craig comes back as James Bond. Otherwise he’s out. Find out more below, but beware of spoilers for Spectre if you haven’t seen it. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, December 2nd, 2015 by Jacob Hall
Welcome back to Sequel Bits, the handy-dandy collection of everything you need to know about the follow-ups to movies you (maybe, possibly) already love! In today’s edition:
- Michael B. Jordan is totally down for a Creed sequel.
- Shane Black and Fred Dekker finish their new Predator script.
- Milla Jovovich teases Resident Evil: The Final Chapter.
- Robert Carlyle praises the Trainspotting 2 screenplay.
- The Zoolander 2 trailer breaks records.
- The Bond producers won’t give up on Daniel Craig for Bond 25.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, November 12th, 2015 by Angie Han
In this edition of Sequel Bits, Future puts a new spin on the Rocky theme for Creed, Dan Aykroyd praises Paul Feig‘s Ghostbusters, and Daniel Craig continues to smile through the Spectre press tour. Also after the jump:
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson joins Ice Age: Collision Course.
- Kong: Skull Island adds up-and-comer Will Brittain.
- There are no plans (yet) for a Peanuts sequel.
- Kung Fu Panda 3 enters the sound mixing stage.
- Get details on the Jurassic World game that never was.
- What kind of Fantastic Beasts will Newt Scamander find?
Read More »
Posted on Friday, October 2nd, 2015 by Angie Han
There’s been a lot of speculation lately about who could take over as the next 007. Could it be fan-favorite Idris Elba? Are the U.K. bookies on to something with Damian Lewis? But in fact, the answer has been right under our noses the whole time: The next James Bond will probably be Daniel Craig.
The actor confirmed he’s in for one more film, and added that he’ll “keep going as long as [he’s] physically able.” Read the Daniel Craig James Bond future comments after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Monday, July 20th, 2015 by Angie Han
Daniel Craig is contracted for one more Bond film after Spectre, but Sam Mendes won’t be returning with him. The director, who also helmed 2012’s Skyfall, says he’s done with the franchise after this year’s Spectre. Read the Sam Mendes last Bond film comments after the jump. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, February 12th, 2014 by Angie Han
Could John Travolta join the Bond villain ranks? He hopes so. Also after the jump:
- Matt Bomer is working on new looks for Magic Mike 2
- Gary Oldman dishes lots of details about his Apes role
- Iron Sky: The Coming Race gets a writer and a logo
- Hong Kong’s Monkey King is getting a sequel, of course
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 gets a cute Korean poster
Read More »
Posted on Friday, May 31st, 2013 by Angie Han
After all that chatter about Sam Mendes‘ hesitation to return for the next James Bond pic, and all that fanfare about which other filmmakers might land the job, the latest word is that Mendes is looking likely to helm the next installment after all. And possibly even the one after that. Hit the jump to get the details. Read More »