Hot off the heels of the officially confirmed Star Wars Episode VII casting breakdowns comes some news about the new animated series: Star Wars: Rebels, which will premiere on Disney XD on 2014. After the jump read about the following:
- Star Wars: Rebels will feature teen stars and likely follow the birth of the Rebel Alliance.
- A Disney World spokesperson says they have “nothing to announce” in regards to Star Wars park expansions, but there are new rumors.
- One site reports the Star Wars spin-off films will definitely be Boba Fett and Han Solo.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
When Disney shut down the Lucasfilm gaming division Lucasarts, the fans wondered about the fate of Star Wars 1313. The third person game, for which we’d seen gorgeous trailers, has been indefinitely postponed thanks to the corporate decision. If that wasn’t bad enough, turns out that in recent months it had been altered to star not a random character, but Boba Fett himself. Star Wars 1313 was going to be a Boba Fett game.
Below, read more about that as well as the following Star Wars Bits:
- Disney’s axe at Lucasfilm continues to swing, this time affecting many jobs at Industrial Light and Magic.
- Dave Filoni, former director of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, has been asked to develop a new Star Wars animated series.
- Read a bunch of additional details about The Star Wars, George Lucas‘ original script that will soon be a Dark Horse Comic.
- The source codes to two popular Star Wars games are now available online.
Read More »
The biggest recent Star Wars news is in regards to its animated future, but there’s plenty more Star Wars to go around. After the jump, read about the following:
- Joss Whedon wouldn’t bring back the original characters if he did Star Wars Episode VII.
- Which Disney universe has more characters: Star Wars or Marvel?
- George Lucas plans to open up an art museum.
- Bad Robot producer Bryan Burk talked about joining Star Wars Episode VII.
- Billy Dee Williams wants your help to bring Lando back.
- President Obama makes light of his recent Star Trek/Star Wars mix-up.
- Poster artist Drew Struzan “has not” been approached for Star Wars Episode VII.
- Jango Fett himself, Temuera Morrison, throws his hat into the ring for a Boba Fett spinoff.
Read More »
On Friday we ran some quotes from Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg talking about their work consulting on Star Wars: Episode 7 and writing the announced set of stand-alone spin-ff films set within the Star Wars galaxy. The Los angeles Times also caught up with Kasdan at the Final Draft Hall of Fame ceremony and got him to talk a bit more about the upcoming Star Wars movies.
Read More »
IGN was lucky to catch screenwriters Lawrence Kasdan (Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark) and Simon Kinberg (Sherlock Holmes, X-Men: The Last Stand) at last night’s Final Draft Big Break screenwriting awards, where Kasdan was honored with the hall of fame award. Jim Vejvoda talked to them about the upcoming seventh installment of the Star Wars Skywalker saga and the standalone spin-off films, which they are currently working on as “consultants”. While not much in terms of details were revealed in the chat, we do get a couple bits.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
When Disney officially announced they would be making Star Wars spin-off movies between the new, official episodes, some fans intensified the process of fantasizing about two characters: Han Solo and Boba Fett. According to Entertainment Weekly, films spotlighting those fan-favorites are in the works.
While the development is still in its earliest stages, films are being discussed which would be based on the adventures of a young Han Solo, set between Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and Episode IV: A New Hope, and the actions of Boba Fett, set either between Episode IV: A New Hope and Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back or between Empire and Return of the Jedi. Read More »
Earlier this month, it was revealed Star Wars Weekends at Walt Disney World provided fans a chance to buy a custom made toy of themselves in Carbonite, just like Han Solo. That’s now underway and, after the jump, you can see some video and learn more about that process.
There’s also a new video interview with LucasFilm producer Rick McCallum where he sets the record straight, again, about the Star Wars TV show and dashes some hopes for a Joe Johnston-directed Boba Fett movie. Read More »
Joe Johnston‘s Captain America: The First Avenger, hitting theaters this coming week, has great early buzz and sequel talk is heating up. Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely are starting to map out the script for the follow-up, though they’re being understandably circumspect about the possible plot and characters. Will the sequel be set in WWII, the modern era, or both? And will Joe Johnston direct?
The director is signed for two films with Marvel, and as he promotes Captain America he is already talking about other films he’d like to make. One is the continuing story of Cap sidekick ‘Bucky’ Barnes (played by Sebastian Stan), who becomes the Winter Solider in his later days. The other is a bit of a surprise, and very likely a total longshot: a film dedicated to fan-favorite Star Wars bounty hunter Boba Fett. Read More »
Flickr user Switthoft created this very alien, bronze Boba Fett Pez Dispenser by slaughtering a few Pez Simbas from The Lion King. The Circle of Life says “why not?”In the process, a “battle scar” was implemented, showing Pez guts. Let’s hope George Lucas doesn’t find out his address. More hot Pez action after the jump! (Safe for work.)
via UO Blog
Read More »