When it was announced that Godzilla and Monsters director Gareth Edwards would be directing a Star Wars spin-off written by Gary Whitta due out December 16, 2016, the press release cleverly didn’t say what the subject of this film is. Recently, however, it was suggested one of the first three films would be about infamous bounty hunter Boba Fett.
It got me wondering: LucasFilm has a ton of concept art for a Boba Fett prequel story already created sitting in their vaults. Even if they start from scratch on a story, the concept art from their abandoned Star Wars 1313 video game project could easily be inspire scenes in the rumored big screen movie. What could a Boba Fett movie look like? Lets take a look at Star Wars 1313 concept art.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Tuesday, May 27th, 2014 by Angie Han
We’re back from the long weekend with many more Star Wars-related odds and ends. After the jump:
- Star Wars: Attack Squadrons has been cancelled
- Don’t believe those Boba Fett spinoff plot rumors
- Carrie Fisher is lobbying to bring back the Leia buns
- Star Wars Episode VII casts another musician
- See Episode VII stunt performers hard at work in Abu Dhabi
- Check out Daisy Ridley’s brief appearance in Mr. Selfridge
- Screenwriter Gary Whitta shows off his Lucasfilm threads
Read More »
As little as we’ve heard about Star Wars Episode VII, we’ve heard even less about what’s coming next. The plan was originally for a Star Wars spin-off/origin film to hit in 2016, followed by Star Wars Episode VIII in 2017, another spin off/origin in 2018, and then Episode IX in 2019. And while we don’t know that’s not still the plan, everyone involved has gotten awfully quiet about it.
Which brings us to Thursday. Several Star Wars websites reported Disney that Lucasfilm executives had an ultra-secret breakfast to discuss the franchise. Whether or not this meeting actually happened is already in question, which should paint this rumor in even a dimmer light. But one site is reporting much of the conversation centered on everyone’s favorite bounty hunter Boba Fett.
Fett is potentially one of the characters either Simon Kinberg or Lawrence Kasdan are writing a spin-off movie for but that may have run into some difficulties because of Fett’s allegiances. Read More »
The Star Wars spinoff written by Lawrence Kasdan is, in fact, a Boba Fett movie. So says Hollywood director and animator Jon Schnepp. Read about that, and the following, in this edition of Star Wars Bits.
- Get a good look at the Star Wars Rebels villain The Inquisitor via his toy.
- Watch Star Wars highlights from the Tournament of Roses parade.
- Read about the upcoming Random House book Maul Lockdown.
- Sideshow Collectibles reveals Star Wars toy designs by Ralph McQuarrie.
Read More »
The Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson comedy The Internship seems destined to be one of those movies that a relative just leaves on TV when stumbling across it during one of the holidays, when everyone else is too stuffed full of food and drink to object.
But you can possibly thank the film for this deleted scene, in which the character played by Will Ferrell discovers that the whole cosplaying scene is pretty hot, in a “swinging ’70s” sorta way. In fact, he seems to be angling more for the furry scene than anything else, but doing so while dressed as Boba Fett. There’s a fandom commentary in here, I’m sure of it. And if nothing else, this is proof that even a movie that you have no interest in might end up hiding a nugget of comedy.
Check out the scene below, and note that it is not safe for work due to language. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Some of you may have seen scraps of the screen debut of Boba Fett, the bounty hunter from The Empire Strikes Back who became one of the most popular Star Wars characters, despite originally having very little screen time. But for those who haven’t caught it, this is a great glimpse into the development of the character.
The video below, from 1978, shows editor Duwayne Dunham dressed in a pale prototype of the armor (designed by Joe Johnson), with sound designer Ben Burtt narrating an overview of the character.
For casual Star Wars fans, the most interesting bit of the video below won’t be the character’s look, but one intent behind his design. There was a point where Boba Fett was considered as a character who could make personal appearances — dress anyone up in the costume, with that slightly altered radio voice, and they could be Boba Fett. Like a slightly less evil-looking companion to Darth Vader, and a potential Star Wars mascot. Things worked out a bit differently, but not in a bad way for the bounty hunter, at least until he got to Tatooine. Read More »
Hot off the heels of the officially confirmed Star Wars Episode VII casting breakdowns comes some news about the new animated series: Star Wars: Rebels, which will premiere on Disney XD on 2014. After the jump read about the following:
- Star Wars: Rebels will feature teen stars and likely follow the birth of the Rebel Alliance.
- A Disney World spokesperson says they have “nothing to announce” in regards to Star Wars park expansions, but there are new rumors.
- One site reports the Star Wars spin-off films will definitely be Boba Fett and Han Solo.
Read More »
When Disney shut down the Lucasfilm gaming division Lucasarts, the fans wondered about the fate of Star Wars 1313. The third person game, for which we’d seen gorgeous trailers, has been indefinitely postponed thanks to the corporate decision. If that wasn’t bad enough, turns out that in recent months it had been altered to star not a random character, but Boba Fett himself. Star Wars 1313 was going to be a Boba Fett game.
Below, read more about that as well as the following Star Wars Bits:
- Disney’s axe at Lucasfilm continues to swing, this time affecting many jobs at Industrial Light and Magic.
- Dave Filoni, former director of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, has been asked to develop a new Star Wars animated series.
- Read a bunch of additional details about The Star Wars, George Lucas‘ original script that will soon be a Dark Horse Comic.
- The source codes to two popular Star Wars games are now available online.
Read More »
The biggest recent Star Wars news is in regards to its animated future, but there’s plenty more Star Wars to go around. After the jump, read about the following:
- Joss Whedon wouldn’t bring back the original characters if he did Star Wars Episode VII.
- Which Disney universe has more characters: Star Wars or Marvel?
- George Lucas plans to open up an art museum.
- Bad Robot producer Bryan Burk talked about joining Star Wars Episode VII.
- Billy Dee Williams wants your help to bring Lando back.
- President Obama makes light of his recent Star Trek/Star Wars mix-up.
- Poster artist Drew Struzan “has not” been approached for Star Wars Episode VII.
- Jango Fett himself, Temuera Morrison, throws his hat into the ring for a Boba Fett spinoff.
Read More »