This morning Star Wars Celebration held a pretty important panel that wasn’t live streamed to fans around the world. This panel concerned the future of Star Wars, and with Disney and Lucasfilm planning to release a feature film every year, not to mention continuing TV shows, likely creating new ones, and much more, there was a lot to talk about.
Everyone has been anxious to hear more details about Star Wars: Episode VIII, especially with production just wrapping a few days ago. Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy and director Rian Johnson were on hand to discuss the sequel, and while they didn’t divulge any huge secrets, there was plenty to soak up regarding the next chapter of the Star Wars saga.
After the jump, find out what movies Rian Johnson revealed as influences on Star Wars: Episode VIII, when the movie started taking shape, how much time has passed since The Force Awakens, whether or not Finn wakes up. Plus, there’s confirmation of another returning cast member and a cameo from another Star Wars filmmaker. Find out what we learned from the Star Wars Episode VIII panel after the jump. Read More »
On the red carpet at PaleyFest, we got to speak with Scream Queens producer Brad Falchuk before his panel with the cast. Season two of Scream Queens will move from the sorority house to a hospital, but any of the returning cast are reprising their roles as the same characters. It’s not like American Horror Story, where the cast plays new characters every year.
“I describe it more as a horror movie sequel as opposed to an anthology,” Falchuk told /Film. “So you have the first Friday the 13th, the second Friday the 13th, or Halloween. You have characters that bleed in through, literally bleed through, and they go through different horrible adventures. As opposed to just changing up the characters. We just have more to say with these characters.” Read More »
Billie Lourd was on the red carpet for Fox’s Scream Queens at Paleyfest on Saturday night. We’ll have a full story on Scream Queens later but we got the chance to ask Lourd about her brief appearance in the Star Wars saga. As you probably know, Lourd is Carrie Fisher’s daughter and you may have spotted her in the Resistance base scenes of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. But will she return for Rian Johnson‘s Star Wars Episode VIII?
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, December 1st, 2015 by Jacob Hall
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away… there was Star Wars Bits, your round-up of all the Star Wars news you need to know. In this edition:
- J.J. Abrams explains why he turned down Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- J.J. Abrams then explains why he finally accepted the gig.
- James Gunn says he has no interest in making a Star Wars movie.
- A new BB-8 featurette offers up some new footage.
- Star Wars Battlefront takes you to the Battle of Jakku.
- Harrison Ford “reviews” The Force Awakens.
- Carrie Fisher has a bone to pick to how the Star Wars series has treated her body.
Read More »
There’s too much important stuff in this edition of Star Wars Bits to waste time. Read about the following:
- Star Wars Episode VIII will shoot on 35mm film.
- Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One will shoot partially with a 6K camera and new Panavision lenses.
- Daisy Ridley drops a hint about Rey’s lineage in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- See the covers of three new Star Wars novels.
- Jurassic World director Colin Trevorrow talks Star Wars films.
- Anthony Daniels is voicing C-3PO in Star Wars Battlefront.
- Find out about a never published Star Wars novel called “Heart of the Jedi.”
- Billie Lourd strikes down another Star Wars: The Force Awakens rumor.
- Star Wars may once again film on Skellig Michael in Ireland.
- Read an interview with the stunt double who played Kylo Ren.
- Peter Mayhew definitively puts the “Han Shot First” debate to rest.
Read More »
With Force Awakens rumors, social media, spoilers, merchandise, it’s another jam-packed edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Check out our first possible look at Maz Kanata in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Disney is deliberately pacing marketing and merchandise for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Check out Tim Doyle‘s new Star Wars: The Force Awakens poster.
- Read Vanity Fair‘s extended interview with J.J. Abrams.
- Watch an interview with the production designers of The Force Awakens.
- John Boyega won’t even share Force Awakens secrets with his family.
- Carrie Fisher‘s Mother’s Day Tweet was amazing.
- Billie Lourd confirms she’s not playing a young Leia in The Force Awakens.
- Check out the cover Marvel Comics’ Lando #1.
- Listen to audio from inside a theater in 1977 showing Star Wars.
- Read some potential spoilers about a scene involving Rey and Kylo Ren.
Read More »
From the set of The Force Awakens, to its concept art and everything in between, it’s a busy day in Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Read how J.J. Abrams reacted when Harrison Ford got hurt on the set of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Ewan McGregor is still waiting for his Star Wars standalone phone call, plus comments on Kylo Ren’s lightsaber.
- Could a Han Solo video game be in the works?
- Billie Lourd is most certainly in The Force Awakens.
- See a cool prequel easter egg in Star Wars #1 and read about more secrets in the book.
- Darth Vader #1 is a bit hit already, plus new variant covers.
- Jessica Chastain would love to be in a Star Wars movie.
- J.J. Abrams used Disney codenames on the set of The Force Awakens.
- More video of Dave Filoni, Killian Plunkett and Henry Gilroy talking Star Wars Rebels.
- A potential location is The Force Awakens is described, as are some new characters and an action scene.
Read More »
Considering the long casting process J.J. Abrams and crew went through for Star Wars Episode VII, it’s surprising some missed one simple way to get in the movie: nepotism. The latest rumor surrounding the film is that Billie Lourd, the daughter of Carrie Fisher, has been cast in the movie. A second rumor on top of that says that she’s playing either Leia’s daughter or, oddly, a younger version of Leia herself. We’ll explore both Billie Lourd Star Wars rumors below. Read More »