Posted on Wednesday, May 9th, 2012 by Angie Han
Lots to see in today’s Sequel Bits, including a DVD featurette, a blooper reel, a TV spot, posters, and a (not at all revealing) set photo. After the jump:
- Another new TV spot debuts for Men in Black 3
- Gary Busey goes nuts in Piranha 3DD outtakes
- Watch a featurette from the Underworld: Awakening DVD
- Simon Pegg and Zachary Quinto tweet wrapping Star Trek 2
- Check out the Korean G.I. Joe: Retaliation posters
- Donnie Yen is set to return for Ip Man 3D
- Who wants to be an extra on Atlas Shrugged Part 2?
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Men in Black 3, which opens in May, has a convoluted history. Conceptualized back during the production of the second film, MiB3 started to shoot last year, but began rolling cameras with a script that was only partially finished, and a schedule that featured an extensive break to work out how the last two thirds of the movie would go.
That led to some unpredictable PR for the movie, and Sony has been trying to assure audiences that the third outing of Agents J and K (Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones, with Josh Brolin as the young K) will play in the same cartoonishly entertaining manner of the first film.
Director Barry Sonnenfeld is starting to promote the sequel, and in a new interview he inadvertently sheds some light on one of the difficulties that might have faced this particular script: it had to not only do something new with the characters, deal with time travel and wrap up a loose story that had spanned three films. It also has designs on setting up an all-new series of films. Read More »
This edition of sequel bits has something for almost everyone. We’ve got the tweet girls, we’ve got the teen guys, we’ve got the family crowd, pet lovers and the horror crowd. After the jump read about the following:
- Barry Sonnenfeld confirmed that Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga are both aliens in MIB 3.
- Jessica Alba and Michelle Rodriguez will likely be back for Machette Kills
- Michael Madsen says he’s back for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.
- A new poster has been revealed for Piranha 3DD.
- The third (there was a second?) Beverly Hills Chihuahua film just got a release date.
- John Hawkes talks about preparing for Switch, a Jackie Brown prequel
Read More »
Yesterday morning, when I looked at the latest trailer for Barry Sonnenfeld‘s Men in Black 3, I noticed something that seemed weird. A lot of other people noticed it too: a shot in which there appeared to be a green screen that featured no CG shot composited into the placeholder space. I looked at the shot a couple times, but wasn’t able to see it on a full-size screen, and at first it really seemed as if the editors assigned to cut together the trailer had used a very unfinished shot.
In truth, the shot is done; it merely looks unfinished, because the particular green color that is often chosen to use as a color to ‘key out’ is also a great color to use for the liquid (or perhaps gas) in which an alien could float. Check out a couple images below that debunk this very minor trailer mystery. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, March 1st, 2012 by Angie Han
We’ve got a lot of odds and ends to cover in today’s Sequel Bits, so let’s get right to it. After the jump:
- MIB3 helmer says shooting with an incomplete script was either “genius” or “really stupid”
- Vehicles from Mad Max: Fury Road revealed
- Benedict Cumberbatch says lovely things about his Star Trek 2 colleauges
- Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 may have a new title
- Percy Jackson casts stars from Community, Reno 911!, and Dodgeball
- Chris Tucker is not so excited for Friday 4
Read More »
Here’s the trailer for Men in Black 3, the troubled production that puts Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones back in the severe suits of the alien-policing government agency. The film also features Josh Brolin as a young version of Jones’ agent K, and as we see here, it’s possible that Brolin’s impersonation of Jones will at least be dead-on. As for the rest of the film, the trailer suggests that we’ll see a very deliberate recreation of the formula that made the first film a big hit. Check it out below. Read More »
Posted on Friday, December 9th, 2011 by Angie Han
Despite the fact that the word “trailer” is used four times in the title of the post, we don’t have any actual trailers for you here — just some quick bits of information about trailers. That’s almost as good, right? No? Well, too bad. After the jump:
- The trailer for Men in Black III debuts Monday
- The Prometheus trailer gets a 14A rating — the Canadian equivalent to a hard PG-13
- The first Rock of Ages trailer will debut with Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Here are the first teaser posters for Sony’s Men in Black 3, the sequel that was strangely split into two parts while shooting. The movie brings Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones back into the alien-policing fold while also serving up a time-travel storyline that features Josh Brolin and a host of strange cameos. We haven’t seen an official image yet, much less a trailer, but if you really want something official these two very early teaser posters will have to do.
The two posters don’t tell us much beyond the basic fact of the film’s existence. They don’t even reference the fact of the film being in 3D. Check them out below.
Update: We’ve got HR versions of both posters now. Read More »