Posted on Thursday, December 5th, 2013 by Angie Han
Everyone’s feeling a little chatty in this quote-heavy edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump:
- Evan Daugherty talks G.I. Joe 3 and Snow White and the Huntsman 2
- Julianne Moore‘s The Hunger Games: Mockingjay role has been beefed up
- The Mortal Instruments author teases some City of Ashes spoilers
- Simon Pegg says Star Trek 3 is looking to shoot in the UK, possibly
- Bad Santa 2 will shoot next year, according to Billy Bob Thornton
- Is Steve Aoki working on the Transformers: Age of Extinction soundtrack?
- 2016: Obama’s America filmmaker revisits his predictions in an update
- Keanu Reeves says Bill & Ted 3‘s heavy CG costs are holding it back
- George Miller confirms Mel Gibson won’t appear in Mad Max: Fury Road
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Mike Myers has a documentary at the Toronto International Film Festival, but what’s the latest on the Austin Powers series? Read his response below, along with a bunch of other sequel news including:
- A sequel to Eli Roth‘s upcoming The Green Inferno is now in development. It’s called Beyond the Green Inferno.
- Director Zach Lipovsky explains how the Leprechaun film, Leprechaun: Origins, is a reboot and not a sequel.
- Billy Bob Thornton isn’t sure when Bad Santa 2 is going to happen.
- The main voice actors are set to return for The Croods 2.
Read More »
That Bad Santa sequel we’ve heard about for such a long just got some HBO swagger. Doug Ellin, the creator of Entourage, has signed on to rewrite, and possibly direct Billy Bob Thornton in Bad Santa 2. The actor is hoping to shoot the R-rated Christmas comedy at the end of the year. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, July 31st, 2012 by Angie Han
Billy Bob Thornton‘s been talking up a possible Bad Santa 2 for the past couple of years, saying the 2003 comedy’s the only one of his films he wants to do a sequel for. Now it seems his Christmas wish is about to come true. A new report indicates that Hot Tub Time Machine helmer Steve Pink has just entered preliminary talks to rewrite and direct the dark holiday comedy. More details after the jump.
Read More »
Billy Bob Thornton is in Berlin this week with the latest film he directed, Jayne Mansfield’s Car. Reviews are hitting today and a quick scan suggests the response is middling but more favorable than not.
The actor/director is also doing interview rounds, and the subject is ranging to more than his current film. In fact, Thornton says that the oft-discussed sequel to Bad Santa will finally shoot this fall. In addition, he’s prepping to direct another film, tentatively titled And Then We Drove. That one is a road movie inspired in part by Thornton’s marriage to Angelina Jolie, though she isn’t likely to be in the film. Details on both follow after the jump. Read More »
We’ve got a lot of small sequel talk this week, for films from Bad Santa 2 to Zoolander 2, Transformers 4 and Prometheus, aka the Alien prequel. None of it is massively substantial, but for the fans of each film there are nuggets of info that are worth a look. Bad Santa fans should definitely hit the jump for some of the most refreshingly honest sequel talk you’re likely to hear. Read More »
Paraphrasing Jack Lipnick in Barton Fink, “The writer is king here at Dimension!” You should recognize that as a joke of the highest order, at least in the context of Barton Fink. Turns out to be a cosmic gag in the context of real life, too. Because Dimension and Miramax, which are working together to make sequels to a few films produced under the old Miramax order, have hired not one, but two screenwriters to script a sequel to Bad Santa.
Two screenwriters: no big deal, right? Well, they’re writing two scripts, which will eventually be dressed in strappy leather fetish outfits, slathered in pig grease and thrown into some executive Thunderdome, where they’ll do battle to see which becomes Bad Santa 2. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Last year, The Weinstein Company announced that it would partner with Miramax to make some sequels to titles in the Miramax library. One that was mentioned, and which has come up previous to that announcement, was Bad Santa 2. Billy Bob Thornton is often asked about the possibility of a sequel, and has said he’d be willing to do one.
Now that seems to be happening. as both Mr. Thornton and a spokesperson for The Weinstein Company says the actor is in talks to make the film. Read More »