Want to see a new image from behind the scenes of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice? Has Andy Serkis‘ Avengers: Age of Ultron identity been revealed? Which movies did the producers of The Flash compare their time travel episode too? Did Jeff Bridges want to come back after Iron Man? What did the showrunner of Daredevil have to say about the new trailer? Why did Ryan Reynolds hint that Green Lantern didn’t work? Who does Superman hang out with in a new edition of his comic book? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
Posted on Friday, January 23rd, 2015 by Angie Han
As happy as we were to see Andy Serkis in the Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer — because more Andy Serkis is always a good thing — we couldn’t quite figure out what he was doing there. The actor revealed his involvement in the film last year, but declined to say which character he’d be playing.
Of course, that hasn’t stopped rumors from swirling. The latest one to gain traction suggests Avengers: Age of Ultron may be just the beginning for Serkis — if it’s true, he’ll have a much bigger role to play in Phase Three. Hit the jump for the Andy Serkis Avengers rumor. Read More »
I was watching Gone Girl for the fourth time and admiring how David Fincher (and his cinematographer Jeff Cronenweth) majestically shot Ben Affleck‘s character Nick Dunne’s cat and I began to wonder about the cat’s true role in the story. The cat is featured too prominently to be just a background prop. What did the cat mean?
As I thought about this I began to realize that there had been a lot of big screen kitties this year. The New York Times notes in their review that “cats are the new dogs,” and judging from the list of animals in this article, they might be right. But as I started to think about it more, it wasn’t just cats but dogs and some actually amazing performances by other animals in this past year of film. So the list of best animal performances of 2014 grew and grew. After the jump you will find my examination of why 2014 was the year of animal movie performances and what it all means. Read More »
The Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer was filled with so many visual stimulants, it’s funny how the auditory one has become the most interesting point of conversation. After some debate, we found it was Andy Serkis delivering the clip’s chilling monologue. Not only was it chilling because of the voice itself; it was the words delivered. This character would have to be incredibly important to have felt a literal awakening in both sides of the Force. Rumors began running rampant about the character. Is Serkis a Sith? How old is he? Could he be more than one character? Will be play a performance-capture or human character?
Now the actor has answered a few of those questions. We still don’t know his name and exact purpose, but Serkis did confirm he’s only playing one character, and that it was his unaltered voice in the trailer. Read more about the Andy Serkis Star Wars rumors, and their answers, below. Read More »
Posted on Friday, December 12th, 2014 by Angie Han
Andy Serkis has been busy lately, running around with Avengers and exploring a certain galaxy far, far away. But it’ll be a while yet before he gets to tromp through the jungle. Warner Bros. has delayed Serkis’ Jungle Book: Origins by a full year, penciling it in for a new date in 2017. More on the Jungle Book Origins release date after the jump. Read More »
This huge edition of Star Wars Bits is filled with something for everyone. Spoilers, non-spoilers, actors, reactions, gossip, art and more. Below, read about the following.
- A Star Wars art exhibit opens in Seattle Thursday night.
- Andy Serkis‘ voiceover was not recorded just for The Force Awakens trailer.
- Mark Hamill was moved by the reaction to The Force Awakens trailer.
- Domhnall Gleeson was super excited by the trailer as well.
- Maisie Richardson-Sellers is again, pretty much confirmed for The Force Awakens.
- A cool practical effects tidbit about the blasters of the Stormtroopers.
- Two of the Stormtrooper actors in The Force Awakens trailer have been revealed.
- David Fincher joked about Adam Driver‘s Star Wars casting.
- Was there a black stormtrooper before John Boyega?
- See the cover for the new novel: Star Wars: Dark Disciple.
- Read a ton of new information, speculation and potential spoilers about The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Oscar Isaac continues to offer up awesome stories from The Force Awakens. Below, read about those as well as these interesting Star Wars Bits.
- Oscar Isaac talks flying an X-Wing, practical effects and more in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- New details surface about Andy Serkis‘ Force Awakens‘ character.
- Serkis was pleasantly surprised by the reaction to the trailer.
- iTunes may have mistakenly identified the hooded figure in The Force Awakens trailer.
- Joel Edgerton will bet you $50 he knows the identity of the same character.
- In 2008, George Lucas said there would never be a Sequel Trilogy
- Learn how to 3D print your own triple lightsaber.
- Marvel’s Star Wars #1 is going to set some sales records, plus see the best variant cover yet.
Read More »
The Star Wars world is still buzzing about the Force Awakens trailer, and there are lots of tidbits about it below along with some massive potential spoilers. Below, read about the following.
- The Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer is on pace to be the most viewed in Internet history.
- Fans and celebrities alike react to and freak out over the Force Awakens trailer
- See more Force Awakens fan art.
- What does the Millennium Falcon shot in The Force Awakens look like when it is stabilized?
- Read a super-detailed article about the new Ball Droid in The Force Awakens.
- How do toy collectors see the Force Awakens trailer?
- What is Andy Serkis‘ role in The Force Awakens?
- Star Wars Rebels is a hit for Disney XD.
- A mother load of likely false Force Awakens plot details were released.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
There’s a lot to talk about in the Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser trailer, but there’s only so much talking. Two short little phrases: “There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?” Followed by “The dark side…and the light.” With all the visuals that we can break down, there’ are only these two brief snippets of actual dialogue to consider. The first and most important question may be, who is speaking?
The identity of the narrator was a big topic of discussion Friday after the trailer hit. Speculation about the person’s identity ran from Max Von Sydow to Adam Driver, Andy Serkis and even Benedict Cumberbatch. The last one isn’t even in the movie, but it sounds a bit like him. Because he was at the center of J.J. Abrams’ last big mystery, it was a fun option to consider.
There will be no more considering. The identity of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer voice has been revealed.
Update: Andy Serkis has given a brief radio interview confirming that it is his voice in the trailer. Watch that below. Read More »
This morning, Disney and Lucasfilm released the first trailer for JJ Abrams‘s Star Wars: The Force Awakens. You can watch that awesome trailer here, in case you haven’t seen it already. (Or if, like me, you want to watch it over and over again.) And for those of you who really want to take in all of the visuals revealed in the first Star Wars Episode 7 teaser trailer, we have compiled a batch of high resolution images from the film to let you take in all the awesomeness one image at a time. Hit the jump to see the Star Wars The Force Awakens photos now.
Update: We have added a Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer commentary video after the jump.
Read More »