Posted on Wednesday, February 27th, 2013 by Angie Han
Whether Universal can convince Andy Muschietti to come back for a Mama sequel remains to be seen, but the studio is sticking with the horror director one way or another. Muschietti has entered talks to helm Universal’s post-apocalyptic thriller Bird Box, based on an upcoming book by musician Josh Malerman. The project also brings back Muschietti’s sister and Mama co-writer / producer Barbara Muschietti, who’ll produce along with Scott Stuber and Chris Morgan.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, February 20th, 2013 by Angie Han
Don’t believe everything you hear on the Internet — that Toy Story 4 rumor, for one, is simply not true. Also after the jump:
- Will Monsters University feature a cameo from Boo?
- Universal wants to turn Mama into a franchise
- Kick-Ass 2 seems to be doing reshoots in Toronto
- The Last Exorcism Part II unveils a new poster
- Paul Walker gets his own Fast & Furious 6 poster
- J.J. Abrams discusses Klingons and Carol Marcus
- Watch a new Star Trek Into Darkness featurette
Read More »
Posted on Friday, February 1st, 2013 by Angie Han
So far, the scariest thing about Paranormal Activity 5 may be how little anyone involved with it claims to know about it. We are talking about a movie that’s due out in just under nine months. After the jump:
- Katie Featherston and Oren Peli talk Paranormal Activity 5
- No, Linday Lohan will not be reprising her role for Machete Kills
- Steven Spielberg says George Lucas still plans to do Indiana Jones 5
- Sylvester Stallone is joking about wanting Bill Clinton for Expendables 3, right?
- Judd Apatow considers another Knocked Up spinoff, this time about the kids
- Andy Muschietti does not think there should be a Mama 2
- Check out a sunny set photo from Insidious Chapter 2
Read More »
One of the first releases in the new year will be Mama, which comes from director Andres Muschietti and producer Guillermo del Toro. The feature stars Jessica Chastain as a woman who finds herself becoming foster mother to a pair of young girls who have spent years living in the woods after the murder of their parents. The film is based on Muschetti’s career-making short, also called Mama, a three-minute piece that seems to be one single take. It’s an excellent little piece of work.
We posted the original short back in 2009, but are able to present it again now. This time, the short comes with a bonus intro from Guillermo del Toro. Read More »
Jessica Chastain seems to be all over the place this fall. She made her debut this summer in Terrence Malick’s The Tree of Life, and is on screens now or soon in The Help, The Debt, Take Shelter, Coriolanus, Wilde Salome and Texas Killing Fields. Quite a lineup for an actress that no one could have identified a year or two ago.
She’s still booking new roles, too. One of her most recently announced gigs is Mama, a feature-length expansion of a short film by Andres Muschietti, who wrote and directed the short. And now Chastain will be joined by Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, who plays Jaime Lannister in Game of Thrones. Guillermo del Toro is producing the film. Read More »
Guillermo del Toro is in talks to produce and mentor commercial director Andres Muschietti‘s horror film Mama for Universal, according to RiskyBiz. Andy is writing the English-language screenplay with his sister and producer Barbra. The movie will be based on their acclaimed Spanish-language short film Mama, which traveled the European festival circuit last year. The short film told the story of Victoria and Lily, two girls who are go on the run from a ghostly woman in a Gothic home.
JoBlo has gotten their hands on the original short film, which I’ve embedded after the jump. The majority of the 3-minute film appears to take place in one single camera take (although, I’m sure that it was seamlessly stitched together like some of the segments of Children of Men). I highly recommend you check it out.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web: