Star Wars: The Force Awakens hits theaters tonight nationwide. Before you see the movie, check out the latest edition of Force Awakens bits for the following spoiler-free info:
- Force Awakens has sold more tickets than any other movie on Fandango, not just pre-sales but their full theatrical run.
- Learn how C3PO’s suit was greatly improved for the filming of the new movie.
- JJ Abrams explains why he didn’t return for Episode VIII or IX.
- Abu Dhabi recreated Starkiller Base as a tourist attraction.
- Force Awakens is 95% Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes with 200 reviews, a ranking currently higher than all the previous Star Wars films.
- Adam Driver explains how the lightsabers in Force Awakens finally realized George Lucas‘ original vision.
- Costume designer Michael Kaplan on creating Han Solo’s more mature look.
- Force Awakens will screen in space
- The header image is a behind the scenes shot from a featurette on shooting in Abu Dubai, which you can watch in this post.
All this and more. Hit the jump to hyperspace!
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Even people who aren’t Star Wars fans know the iconic fanfare that begins every single movie. The same can be said for the iconic Imperial March used to signify the arrival of the Empire and Darth Vader. And now thanks to The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, his house band The Roots, and the primary cast of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, we have an awesome a capella version of those iconic themes that’s presented like the opening credits of The Brady Bunch, but a hell of a lot cooler. Watch! Read More »
The week has finally come, a new Star Wars film will hit movie theaters in just a few days. The world premiere of Star Wars: The Force Awakens takes place tonight in Hollywood, and the first reactions are probably coming shortly after that. I’m extremely fortunate to be attending the premiere tonight and am so excited. I will give you my reaction afterwards on twitter (non-spoiler of course, followed by more in-depth review on the site later in the week). Okay, lets take a look at the latest Star Wars: The Force Awakens news and tidbits:
- Steven Spielberg recommended that Disney hire J.J. Abrams for Force Awakens.
- Adam Driver’s response to the question of if Force Awakens will be better than the prequels.
- See new behind the scenes photos featuring Daisy Ridley and John Boyega.
- Find out how Jakku market merchant Bobbajo was created
- Learn more about Andy Serkis‘ character Supreme Leader Snoke
- How the Force Awakens world premiere in Hollywood is “bigger than the Oscars”
- Is Force Awakens about Star Wars fandom and is Kylo Ren just a huge Star Wars geek?
- J.J. Abrams designed Rey’s outfit so that it would be simple enough that kids could doodle it in class
- Preview some of the limited edition “Galaxy Premiere” merchandise which will be sold in select theaters
- John Boyega talks Force Awakens deleted scenes
- Watch BB-8 explore London.
- Header photo thanks to HeroicHollywood
All this and more in today’s Force Awakens Bits. Alright Chewie, Punch it! Hit the jump for hyperspace!
Read More »
It’s Friday and we’re less than a week away from Star Wars: The Force Awakens hitting theaters nationwide. I thought we’d be in Star Wars overkill at this point, but even with a Force Awakens round-up each day on the site I was expecting to be bombarded with much more Force Awakens content the week before JJ Abrams’ Star Wars sequel hits theaters. In today’s edition of Force Awakens Bits, we take a look at the following:
- Take a first look at Greg Grunberg‘s character: X-Wing pilot Snap Wexly
- See Four new international Force Awakens character posters revealed
- Are all Bad Robot office visitors are forced to sign a Star Wars NDA?
- Russell Crowe saw 9 Minutes of The Force Awakens calls it “Spectacular”
- Nearly an hour of John Williams Force Awakens score was discarded, modified or rerecorded
- Alamo Draft House Cinema offers Star Wars-themed meals listed on a Millennium Falcon menu
- How Rick Carter‘s art team effected The Force Awakens scriptwriting process
- For preparation, Oscar Issac was given blueprints of every button that had ever been used on screen in an X-Wing
- Why JJ Abrams And Lawrence Kasdan started from scratch when Michael Arndt left Force Awakens
- And the header photo shows Star Wars: The Force Awakens chief of creature and droid effects Neal Scanlan posing with the creatures from the film. So cool.
All this and more in today’s Force Awakens Bits. Hit the jump to hyperspace.
Read More »
With one week to go until the first showings of Star Wars: The Force Awakens begins, it’s time to start showing some restraint until we see the movie. But of course we know there are some of you out there anxious to see every scrap of footage from the sequel that you can, and if that’s what you’re hungry for, then this new The Force Awakens international trailer won’t leave you disappointed. There is a chance that one part of it might make you cringe though. Watch! Or don’t! Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, December 9th, 2015 by Jacob Hall
Hey, man. I hear you’re looking for some new Star Wars images? A little birdie told me. You know, through the grapevine and such. Well, let’s just say that I’m the man who can supply you with such things. I know some people will tell you that Star Wars: The Force Awakens opens in a little over a week and you should just wait, but they don’t understand people like you and me, you know? You work hard. Your days are long. You deserve a chance to relax with a little hit of Star Wars. You need a daily fix. I get that. This is a judgment-free zone.
C’mon. Follow me after the jump and I’ll show you some new fresh new images from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. I got some Kylo Ren. I got some Han Solo. I got a little something for all tastes. You’re not wearing a wire, are you?
Read More »
Update: After the jump we’ve included a video of the entire Star Wars: The Force Awakens press conference, which actually contains a bunch of funny moments we didn’t talk about in our original information-focused report.
Read More »
Star Wars Bits have entered the base. Star Wars Bits have entered the base. Star Wars Bits ha– This edition of news from a galaxy far, far away includes:
- Yoda will return on Star Wars Rebels this season
- Jeep gets on The Force Awakens promotion bandwagon
- Adam Driver points himself out in The Force Awakens stills
- The cover for Star Wars: Aftermath – Life Debt has been revealed
- Daisy Ridley plays a Star Wars-themed “Would you rather?” with Glamour
- Star Wars Commander gets a couple The Force Awakens updates
- J.J. Abrams sat down with AOL Build for a 30-Minute chat
- Some form of Shadow Stormtroopers may show up in Star Wars: Rogue One
- Harrison Ford tries a Star Wars-themed cocktail on The Tonight Show
Read More »
The new season of Girls is coming next February, and the full trailer has arrived, teasing what’s in store for these New Yorkers with the biggest first world problems you’ve ever seen. The trailer says “Girls grow up and grow apart, but friendship is forever complicated.” Though from the looks of this trailer, I don’t really see any evidence of any of Hannah (Lena Dunham), Marnie (Allison Williams), Jessa (Jemima Kirke) and Shoshanna (Zosia Mamet) growing up at all.
Watch the Girls season 5 trailer after the jump! Read More »