It’s been 24 years since Absolutely Fabulous debuted on television in the United Kingdom. The series ended up lasting six seasons, but sporadically over the span of nearly 20 years. The second and third seasons arrived in 1994 and 1995, but the fourth season didn’t debut until 2001 with a fifth season in 2003 and the last sixth season arriving in 2011. Now the series is coming to the big screen.
The full length Absolutely Fabulous movie trailer has just arrived, showing off what Edina (Jennifer Saunders) and Patsy (Joanna Lumley) are up to after all these years. Sadly, it looks like things aren’t going very well for the duo, and they don’t seem to be getting better after they accidentally kill beloved model Kate Moss at a posh party.
Watch the Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie trailer after the jump. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Tuesday, October 20th, 2015 by Jacob Hall
In today’s edition of Sequel Bits, we take a look at:
- Jurassic World‘s really crazy Blu-ray and DVD promotion.
- How Iron Sky 2 is defying typical distribution.
- A Korean superstar joins Resident Evil: The Final Chapter.
- Paul Verhoeven teases a Showgirls 2.
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back rounds out its cast.
And more, after the jump.
Read More »
Back in the spring, one of the editions of Sequel Bits brought news that the gestating big screen adaptation of the 90s UK TV series Absolutely Fabulous was finally coming together with an eye towards shooting later this year.
Now that’s been confirmed as Fox Searchlight has just come on board to co-produce and co-finance the film with BBC, and they’ll also distribute the film worldwide. And yes, Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley will be back in the lead roles as Edina and Patsy. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, April 30th, 2015 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits has a bit of everything: Tons of casting news, some cute set photos, and a bunch of red-hot posters. After the jump:
- Lifetime’s The Omen sequel Damien moves to A&E
- An Absolutely Fabulous movie will shoot this year
- Heroes Reborn picks up The 100 and True Blood alums
- Jeff Daniels boards the train for the Divergent sequels
- Common and Deon Cole line up for Barbershop 3
- Starship Troopers could be headed to the small screen
- See the photos from the set of Inferno in Venice
- Ogle a series of Magic Mike XXL character posters
- Justin Bieber will make a cameo in Zoolander 2
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 by Angie Han
It’s cold and icy and generally miserable outside right now in most of the U.S., which means now is the perfect time to pour yourself a cup of tea, bundle up in a cozy blanket, and dive into Sequel Bits. After the jump:
- The Raid 3 will pick up before The Raid 2 leaves off
- Friday 4 is stuck in development hell, says Ice Cube
- Jennifer Saunders is working on the Ab Fab movie
- Who’s making a surprise cameo in 22 Jump Street?
- The hero and the villain of Jack Ryan get posters
- Bad Grandpa gets a red-band trailer for the DVD
- Watch (or rewatch) the first ten minutes of Riddick
Read More »