Posted on Wednesday, November 11th, 2015 by Angie Han
A great cast doesn’t guarantee a great movie (just look at Black Mass), but it certainly never hurts. And John Hillcoat‘s Triple 9 has got a fantastic one. The director of Lawless and The Road has brought together Chiwetel Ejiofor, Kate Winslet, Woody Harrelson, Casey Affleck, Anthony Mackie, Aaron Paul, Clifton Collins Jr., Norman Reedus, and Gal Gadot for his new crime drama, about an impossible heist gone very, very badly awry. Watch the latest Triple 9 trailer after the jump. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Director John Hillcoat has yet to make a major box-office hit. The director behind Lawless, The Road, and the incredible 2005 western, The Proposition, makes bleak and brutal movies about the violent side of humanity. If this Triple 9 red band trailer is any indication, though, he may have finally brought his sensibility to a commercial project. Watch the Triple 9 Red Band Trailer now after the jump.
Read More »
We’ve got two trailers that show off the film Fathers And Daughters from Seven Pounds and The Pursuit of Happiness director Gabriele Muccino: a quick trailer from Japan, and a much longer (but not necessarily better) international trailer with more footage. The family drama stars Russell Crowe as a widower father, and Amanda Seyfried as his daughter whose early years left her less than capable of forging healthy relationships.
The supporting cast here is notable, too, with Aaron Paul, Bruce Greenwood, Diane Kruger, Jane Fonda, Janet McTeer, Octavia Spencer, Quvenzhané Wallis, and Kylie Rogers on hand to help move things along — see some of them at work in the main Fathers and Daughters trailer below. Read More »
It’s not impossible. I used to bullseye Star Wars Bits in my T-16 back home, they’re not much bigger than two meters. Here’s what we’ve got in this edition of news from a galaxy far, far away:
- Aaron Paul is (again) rumored for a future Star Wars role,
- R2-D2 Builders Club members are already working on Rogue One,
- A rumored Rogue One casting call surfaces,
- Sneak preview of Star Wars comic #7 with Obi-Wan Kenobi,
- Hot Toys unveils one-sixth scale Millennium Falcon cockpit,
- Star Wars Rebels Season One will be available in the UK,
- Sideshow Collectibles unveils new Ralph McQuarrie Boba Fett statue,
- Battlefront short story coming in October,
- Dice Games was scared of Star Wars Battlefront,
- New image of Sabine in Star Wars Rebels,
- Disney Infinity 3.0 Star Wars packs release date,
- and a new Star Wars Aftermath description
Read More »
The Netflix series BoJack Horseman has a goofy comic concept: Will Arnett voices a drunk, washed-up actor who is also a horse. And while the show’s first season was often pretty goofy, it also turned out to be a brutally funny and frequently very dark evisceration of celebrity culture, media, and many other aspects of modern life. It also works well as a full season of interconnected stories — the show isn’t just a string of jokes, but a character piece that builds some involving arcs.
Now there’s a trailer for the second season. Naturally it focuses more on quick jokes than any deeper stuff, but it’s still great. Check out the BoJack Horseman S2 trailer below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Aaron Paul may have teased fans that Jesse Pinkman would be returning to the small screen but now his actual post-Breaking Bad TV plan has been revealed. Paul has signed on to produce and star in The Way, a new Hulu series from Jason Katims, the executive producer of Friday Night Lights and Parenthood.
Co-starring Michelle Monaghan, The Way will debut this Winter and focus on a family “at the center of a controversial movement struggling with relationships, marriage and power, with each episode taking an in-depth look at what it means to choose between the life we live and the life we want.” Read more about the Aaron Paul The Way developments below. Read More »
Many people thought Need For Speed was one of the worst films of 2014. I was not one of those people. Sure the story was paper thin, as were the characters, but the passion it showed for its cars, practical stunts and intense action won me over. Though that formula stalled in the U.S., where the $70 million film only grossed $43.6 million, overseas it took in $160 million which likely put the film in the black.
Over a year has passed since the film’s release and there hasn’t been word one about a sequel. Then Furious 7 grossed nearly $400 million in its first weekend worldwide. Now three companies in China – where the film grossed $65 million – are teaming up to help co-finance a Need for Speed sequel, Need for Speed 2. Read More »
This is a can’t miss edition of Star Wars Bits with info ranging from The Force Awakens and Rogue One, to Rebels, the books and Celebration. Below, read about the following:
- Harrison Ford has been released from the hospital after his plane crash.
- See an updated Star Wars canon timeline.
- A 50 page preview of Star Wars: Lords of the Sith hits the net.
- A bit of insider information on Star Wars actor contracts.
- See a preview of Marvel’s Kanan: The Last Padawan #1.
- A Star Wars episode of The Big Bang Theory airs this week.
- Watch videos of Anthony Daniels at Emerald City Comic-Con.
- Check out Funko’s Star Wars Celebration exclusives.
- An update on several Rogue One rumors including Aaron Paul.
- Read some potential spoilers on the size of the villain roles in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Recent reports said that a set of young women including Tatiana Maslany of Orphan Black were reading for a central role in the Star Wars spin-off film to be directed by Gareth Edwards. But counter to previous rumors, it won’t be Maslany who gets the lead role. The first official Star Wars spin-off casting news is out, and Felicity Jones is in talks to take the lead role in the mysterious standalone film.
Read More »