Posted on Wednesday, June 13th, 2012 by Angie Han
Lots of fun odds and ends in today’s Sequel Bits. After the jump:
- Early posters for A Good Day to Die Hard and Percy Jackson hit the Licensing Expo
- Men in Black 3 concept art reveals a (slightly) alternate design for the monowheels
- Charlize Theron‘s role in Mad Max: Fury Road apparently requires her to have really short hair
- A handful of new stills show Bella and Edward’s kid in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is in the process of being written, says producer Alex Kurtzman
- Will Smith is iffy on doing on I Am Legend 2 because he doesn’t want to be “the sequel guy”
- Did you know there was almost a sequel to E.T.? Steven Spielberg explains why it didn’t happen.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Tuesday, June 5th, 2012 by Angie Han
Where the original Blade Runner was known for its neon urban landscapes, the Blade Runner sequel will take us all the way out into flat, dusty farm country — or so says Ridley Scott, while describing one scene he’s already visualized for his upcoming project. Also after the jump:
- Men in Black 3 concept art shows deleted scenes, alternate Boris the Animal design
- Find out when and where Iron Man 3 is shooting in North Carolina this week
- Red, white, and blue balloons dot new set photos of A Good Day to Die Hard
- Lionsgate unveils a second TV spot for The Expendables 2
Read More »
So much to get to today. After the jump read about:
- Aaron Johnson, Chloe Moretz and Christopher Mintz-Plasse are all very close to signing for Kick Ass 2.
- Never fear, Christina Applegate will return as Veronica Corningstone in Anchorman: The Legend Continues.
- Piranha 3DD is out in theaters today as well as video on demand, making it the first 3D movie to do that.
- Die Hard 5, A Good Day To Die Hard, just added Victoria’s Secret and Sports Illustrated swimsuit model Anne Vyalitsyna to its cast.
- A young actress’ photos from the set of Star Trek 2 reveal a new Starfleet outfit.
- Weak tracking numbers have Universal backtracking on Snow White and the Huntsman 2 talk.
- Andy Samberg is wearing very tight, white short shorts on the set of Grown Ups 2.
- Men in Black 3 gets censored in China and a wardrobe lawsuit.
Read More »
Bruce Wills gets some co-stars, a God returns to Asgard, Tintin gets a companion and much more in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump, read about:
- Two television stars have joined A Good Day To Die Hard in supporting roles.
- Idris Elba confirms he’ll be back for Thor 2 and has some ideas about his character.
- Screenwriter Anthony Horowitz confirmed Professor Calculus will appear in Tintin 2.
- Edgar Wright discusses the possibility of a sequel to Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.
- A new commercial for Prometheus has more potential spoilers.
- A sequel to Jonathan English‘s 2011 film Ironclad is in the works.
Read More »
After the atrocity that was Live Free or Die Hard, I still find it hard to believe the Die Hard franchise is continuing. But it is. The film is called A Good Day To Die Hard and Bruce Willis is back again as John McClane, this time travelling to Russia to see his son (Jai Courtney), where the pair then become two of the most wanted men in the country.
Leading the charge against the McClane and son will be a villain played by Cole Hauser, best known for his early roles in Dazed and Confused, Higher Learning and Good Will Hunting. John Moore is directing a script by Skip Woods. There’s more after the jump, including the first set photos and a logo. Read More »
Posted on Monday, April 30th, 2012 by Angie Han
In this superhero-heavy edition of Sequel Bits:
- Tom Hiddleston talks about the relationship between Thor and Loki
- Iron Man 3 will be an “antidote” to The Avengers, says Kevin Feige
- The X-Men: First Class sequel is aiming for a late 2013 or mid-2014 release, and Jane Goldman is part of the writing team
- Fox CEO offers details on the father-son bond in A Good Day to Die Hard
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, April 5th, 2012 by Angie Han
It’s not like we were ever looking forward to Adam Sandler‘s Grown-Ups 2 to begin with, but now I’m wondering if Happy Madison is actively trying to annoy a certain segment of the population. Specifically, the portion of the filmgoing audience that despises both Grown-Ups and The Twilight Saga, which I’m guessing is the vast majority of our readership.
Taylor Lautner is now in talks for a “fun” part in the comedy sequel, joining returning actors Sandler, Kevin James, Chris Rock, David Spade, Maya Rudolph, and Salma Hayek as well as Project X star Oliver Cooper. The exact nature of Lautner’s character has not been revealed, but THR reports that he’ll be going “toe-to-toe” with Sandler’s character.
Like his Twilight co-star Robert Pattinson, Lautner’s struggled somewhat to build a career outside of the supernatural romance franchise. His big action thriller Abduction was a commercial disappointment, though it did better overseas, and while his name has popped up in association with a variety of different projects over the years, none of them have really panned out at this point. Still, Latuner seems to be trying to mix things up a bit. His involvement in Gus Van Sant’s next indie could be a nice step forward, but Grown-Ups 2 seems like two big steps back.
After the jump, 007 gets another new lady and we meet the folks who’ll try to beat down John and Jack McClane.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
The fifth Die Hard film, A Good Day to Die Hard, won’t be shooting for a while yet. But yesterday we got word that one of the last big casting choices had been made, as Jai Courtney was cast as the son of John McClane (Bruce Willis). We don’t have any new details on the film, but there is an image of Courtney and Willis at least vaguely in character, from the screen test that won the role for the younger actor. Read More »