Here’s the new trailer for 300: Rise of an Empire, the follow-up to Zack Snyder’s breakout hit 300. This one has been a long time coming, but now, after everything, the film and the new trailer might have new significance, again thanks to Snyder. The director is looking at this movie’s co-star, Callan Mulvey, as a likely villain choice for Batman vs. Superman. Does the footage below give any clue to how he might be used? Of course not, but those who’ve waited a long time for the 300 follow-up will want to have a look. Read More »
Posted on Monday, November 25th, 2013 by Angie Han
Whether you want to read Keanu Reeves‘ regrets about the (non-existent) Constantine sequel, Robert Englund‘s hopes for a (theoretical) Elm Street prequel, or Alfonso Cuaron‘s thoughts on the Harry Potter spinoff, there’s a little something for everyone here. Also after the jump:
- Gareth Evans breaks down the trailer for The Raid 2: Berandal
- Michael Bay hints at a big theme from Transformers 4
- Steven Spielberg gets a bit political while in Hawaii for Jurassic World
- See more pics of Vin Diesel on the set of Fast & Furious 7
- The 300: Rise of an Empire site offers new pics and footage
Posted on Thursday, August 15th, 2013 by Russ Fischer
Studios have been experimenting with trailer lengths of late; we’ve seen long three-minute trailers and we’re seeing short one-minute looks at new films, too.
This latest international trailer for 300: Rise of an Empire is a one-minute blast of stylized action peppered with very serious proclamations of doom. It barely bothers to set out any sense of the story, which features the machinations of Persian naval commander Artemesia (Eva Green) as she pushes Xerxes (Rodrigo Santoro) into vengeful fury, pitting Persian forces against Greek general Themistokles (Sullivan Stapleton) and his army. It just goes for style and movement.
If you think that trailers often give too much away, in other words, this one should fall in the safe zone. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, August 8th, 2013 by Angie Han
If the idea of a Taxi Driver 2 sounds stupid to you, know that Paul Schrader agrees. As a matter of fact, he thinks the concept pitched to him by Robert De Niro in the ’90s was “the dumbest idea that I’ve ever heard.” Also after the jump:
- Keanu Reeves offers a small Bill & Ted 3 update
- Sean Young calls for a Blade Runner 2 boycott
- James Cameron is finalizing multiple Avatar scripts
- Bravo kills development on their Heathers TV show
- Bruce Willis was too expensive for Expendables 3
- 300: Rise of an Empire gets rated R by the MPAA
- See an early version of the Fast & Furious 7 poster
Posted on Saturday, July 6th, 2013 by Germain Lussier
Saturday is traditionally the biggest day at San Diego Comic-Con and 2013 is no different. Four of the biggest studios will be bringing their films to Hall H. Warner Bros. has Godzilla, Seventh Son, 300: Rise of an Empire, Gravity and The Lego Movie (but no mention of future DC films), Lionsgate has I Frankenstein and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Marvel Studios brings Thor: The Dark World and Captain America: The Winter Soldier and 20th Century Fox is bringing…something. It’s listed at “To Be Determined” on the schedule but you’d bet it’s The Wolverine, Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters and maybe, hopefully, X-Men: Days of Future Past?
After the jump, check out the full schedule and some other highlights including The Sandman, The Simpsons, Kevin Smith, Hellboy and more. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, June 12th, 2013 by Germain Lussier
The first trailer for Noam Murro‘s 300 sequel, 300: Rise Of An Empire, has just been released. If you liked the look, feel and violence of Zack Snyder‘s original, you’re about to get much more of that.
Following Greek general Themistokles (Sullivan Stapleton) as he marches on the Persian armies of Xerxes (Rodrigo Santoro) and his right hand woman, Artemisia (Eva Green), 300: Rise Of An Empire looks big, bloody and pretty damn exciting. See for yourself below. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, June 12th, 2013 by Germain Lussier
Briefly: Earlier this Summer, Warner Bros. moved the 300 follow-up 300: Rise Of An Empire into March 2014. Originally scheduled for an August release date, the move was intended to give us all time to learn more about the, frankly, mysterious film and hopefully get more excited. That journey begins today with the release of a new teaser poster and the promise of a trailer on Wednesday afternoon.
Posted on Friday, May 10th, 2013 by Germain Lussier
Warner Bros. has begun to shake up their 2014 schedule. The most interesting move is Noam Murro‘s 300: Rise of the Empire, originally scheduled for release this August, has been pushed back to March 7, 2014. The film already set for that date, Doug Liman‘s sci-fi film with Tom Cruise, All You Need Is Kill, has now been moved to the summer, specifically June 6, 2014. Read More »
Sequel Bits: ‘Expendables 3,’ ‘Fast and Furious 7,’ ‘Transformers 4,’ ‘Star Trek 2,’ ‘Despicable Me 2’
Posted on Wednesday, May 8th, 2013 by Germain Lussier
Posters, quotes, casting and replacements are all part of this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump, read about the following:
- Sam Worthington discusses the Avatar sequels and a possible third Clash of the Titans film.
- The Hangover Part III Twitter account has revealed some more character posters.
- Is Antonio Banderas joining The Expendables III?
- Benjamin Bratt replaces Al Pacino in Despicable Me 2.
- Listen to Star Trek Into Darkness writers Damon Lindelof, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci talk secrets, fan influence, and villains.
- The poster for Grown Up 2 is a throwback.
- Actress Sophia Myles joins Transformers 4.
- Michelle Rodriguez confirms the villain for Fast and Furious 7.
- Check out an image of FEMA’s role in Godzilla.
- Check out the cover of the Art of 300: Rise of an Empire book.
Posted on Wednesday, April 17th, 2013 by Angie Han
Hot on the heels of the enthusiastically received new trailer for Man of Steel, Zack Snyder has offered a little taste of another of his upcoming projects.
The filmmaker took to Twitter to reveal the first poster for 300: Rise of an Empire, the long-awaited sequel to his 2006 comic book adaptation 300. Noam Murro (Smart People) takes over in the director’s chair this time around, while Snyder serves as co-writer and producer. Check out the new art after the jump. Read More »