Posted on Thursday, March 31st, 2016 by Ethan Anderton
Late this summer, some of the most notorious villains and criminals from DC Comics will assemble for the ensemble action flick Suicide Squad. The crew consists of Jared Leto as the Joker, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, Will Smiith as Deadshot, Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang, Jay Hernandez as El Diablo, Adewale Akinnuoye Agbaje as Killer Croc, Joel Kinnaman as Rick Flagg, Karen Fukuhara as Katana and Adam Beach as Slipknot. But what if the best people for the job weren’t available?
A Suicide Squad parody trailer has been put together featuring an ensemble of some of the most average villains from cinema. Cut in the style of the last theatrical trailer for the movie, complete with Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody” and everything, see what it would be like if Dr. Evil, The Wet Bandits, Shooter McGavin, Griff Tannen and more are rounded up for Suicide Squad: The B Team.
Here’s the trailer for Suicide Squad The B Team from Funny or Die:
For those who need to know, here’s the entire list of B Team villains and their movies:
- Sloth from The Goonies
- Dr. Evil from the Austin Powers franchise
- The Wet Bandits from Home Alone
- Tony Perkis from Heavyweights
- Gollum from The Lord of the Rings trilogy
- Judge Doom from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
- Shooter McGavin from Happy Gilmore
- King Koopa from Super Mario Bros.
- The Grinch from How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- Winifred The Witch from Hocus Pocus
- Mrs. Doubtfire from Mrs. Doubtfire
- Simon Phoenix from Demolition Man
- Shredder from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Ivan Ooze from Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers
- Beetlejuice from Beetlejuice
- Biff and Griff Tannen from Back to the Future and Back to the Future Part II
- Teri from Battlefield Earth
That’s quite a packed roster of average villains. I’m not entirely sure why Mrs. Doubtfire is included, but whatever works. However, I could easily see Wesley Snipes as Simon Phoenix in Suicide Squad. He’s the only character who could legitimately fit in with the team. Otherwise, my favorite inclusion is Ben Stiller as Tony Perkis from Heavyweights, a favorite of chubby children of the ’90s like myself.
Anyway, if you want a taste of the real Suicide Squad, check out the recently released international trailer, which featured some new footage we hadn’t seen yet, right here.Cool Posts From Around the Web: