Star Wars: The Force Awakens Collector’s Edition Will Include More Deleted Scenes, Audio Commentary and More
Posted on Wednesday, August 10th, 2016 by Peter Sciretta
Disney has announced that they will finally be releasing a 3D version of Star Wars: The Force Awakens alongside a real collector’s edition of the movie on home video. I know that many of you don’t care about 3D home releases, but you may still be interested in this release because of the additional special features.
The exclusive four-disc 3D Collector’s Edition contains the original theatrical release on Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, Digital HD and DVD, which includes brand-new bonus material alongside the originally released bonus features. What do you get in the Star Wars: The Force Awakens collector’s edition? Find out after the jump.
The new Star Wars: The Force Awakens Collector’s Edition will include additional deleted scenes, behind-the-scenes conversations with cast and crew and revealing, never-before released audio commentary by director J.J. Abrams and more. Here is a complete listing of features:
- Audio Commentary with J.J. Abrams – Enter the mind of visionary director J.J. Abrams as he reveals the creative and complex choices made while developing the first film in the new Star Wars trilogy.
- Foley: A Sonic Tale – Foley artists, consisting of old pros and new talent, unite to bring the world of “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” alive through the matching of sound to action.
- Sounds of the Resistance – Hear how the epic sound design of “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” moves the Star Wars legacy forward.
- Deleted Scenes – View never-before-shared scenes that didn’t make the film’s final cut.
- Dressing the Galaxy – Costume Designer Michael Kaplan reveals how the costumes of the original Star Wars movies were re-envisioned for a new generation.
- The Scavenger and the Stormtrooper: A Conversation with Daisy Ridley and John Boyega – The two new stars share the thrill of working together on the adventure of a lifetime and becoming part of the Star Wars legacy.
- Inside the Armory – Take a fascinating tour through the design and creation of the weaponry in “Star Wars: The Force Awakens.”
- Classic Bonus Features – These offerings from the April release of “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” include the complete story behind the making of the film, an unforgettable cast table read, insights from legendary composer John Williams and deleted scenes, as well as features that dig deeper into the creation of new characters such as BB-8, the design of the climactic lightsaber battle between Rey and Kylo Ren, the film’s remarkable digital artistry and the Star Wars: Force for Change global aid initiative.
It is unclear if the new bonus features will only be watchable on the 3D disc, but I assume Disney isn’t stupid enough to do that. Many Star Wars fans were really disappointed with the lack of special features on the initial Force Awakens home video release. It seemed to be missing many of the reported deleted scenes and while it featured a sizable documentary, the featurettes seemed to lack depth. I’m excited to finally get an audio commentary from director JJ Abrams talking about the film.
The Star Wars: The Force Awakens Collector’s Edition release will arrive in stores on November 15th 2016, just in time for the holidays.
* Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer. New bonus content is available in the 3D Collector’s Edition package only.
“Star Wars: The Force Awakens” 3D Collector’s Edition global release dates include:
|Australia||Nov. 9||Holland||Oct. 31||Sweden||Oct. 31|
|Brazil||Nov. 16||Italy||Nov. 2||US and Canada||Nov. 15|
|Germany||Nov. 24||Spain||Nov. 2|
Cool Posts From Around the Web: