Posted on Wednesday, January 16th, 2013 by Germain Lussier
Say what you want about Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace as an overall film, but John Williams‘ score is fantastic. Duel of the Fates is one of the most exhilarating pieces of music in the entire Star Wars series; Anakin’s Theme is beautifully weaved through the film; and The Flag Parade is an amazing build up to a huge action setpiece. The unfortunate side is that listening to the score could be a reminder that the film doesn’t live up to the music.
If you can separate the two (which shouldn’t be too difficult now, going on 15 years later) Williams’ score is now being released as a limited edition vinyl on March 4. Check out the specs and a few images below.
For the very first time ever on limited edition vinyl, I Am Shark, will be releasing the original soundtrack to Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace, scored by legendary composer John Williams. This will be part one of three, continuing on the latest trilogy soundtracks, as well as I Am Shark’s new face as an independent label for Film/TV/Game soundtracks.
The release will be in 2xLP format, with limited color versions coordinating with characters through out the movies. 50 limited bundle packages will be available with all colors/pressed versions, one random winner will receive a test press version of the album (only 10 test press copies exist).
Pressing Information – Limited Colors
- 2000 Hyperdrive (Black w/ White Splatter)
- 2000 Darth Maul (Black w/ Red/Gold stripe)
- 2000 Qui-Gon Jinn (Green / Brown Marble)
- 2000 Obi-Wan Kenobi (Blue)
- Black / 180 Gram Versions will be constantly kept in stock and distributed to retail stores as well.
Here’s a gallery of what those limited versions look like.
Here’s the track listing as a refresher. Remember when this came out and was such a major spoiler? Ah, the good old days:
- Star Wars Main Title and The Arrival at Naboo
- Duel of the Fates
- Anakin’s Theme
- Jar Jar’s Introduction and The Swim to Otoh Gunga
- The Sith Spacecraft and The Droid Battle
- The Trip to the Naboo Temple and The Audience with Boss Nass
- The Arrival at Tatooine and The Flag Parade
- He Is the Chosen One
- Anakin Defeats Sebulba
- Passage Through the Planet Core
- Watto’s Deal and Kids at Play
- Panaka and the Queen’s Protectors
- Queen Amidala and The Naboo Palace
- The Droid Invasion and The Appearance of Darth Maul
- Qui-Gon’s Noble End
- The High Council Meeting and Qui-Gon’s Funeral
- Augie’s Great Municipal Band and End Credits