As fans patently wait for Disney’s plans on integrating Star Wars into the land-based theme parks, the first details of the sea-bound versions have been revealed. Star Wars and Disney have just announced that their Disney Cruise Line will incorporate a Star Wars Day into their trips beginning in 2016. Read the Star Wars cruise details below.
The Star Wars cruise details come from the Star Wars website.
It’s being called “Star Wars Day at Sea” and will take place for one day beginning on the Disney Fantasy cruises taking place January 9 and January 23, 2016; February 6 and February 20, 2016; March 5 and March 19, 2016; April 2 and April 16, 2016. They all depart from Port Canaveral, then hit Cozumel, Mexico; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands, and Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
Here are some photos:
But what does that one, glorious Star Wars day entail? Here are the details –
- Character meet and greets with Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Boba Fett and others.
- The Jedi Training Academy, which you can also do in Disney parks.
- Star Wars trivia games
- Arts and crafts for kids
- Night clubs will be converted into the Mos Eisley cantina with music, characters, cocktails and more.
- Screenings of the first six films. (But not Force Awakens, which will be out by then.)
- Episodes of Star Wars Rebels will play.
- Each cruise will have special Star Wars celebrities to do Q&A and sign autographs.
- A deck party at night with fireworks, pyro, lighting, Star Wars music, characters and more.
Basically, it just sounds awesome. For more specifics including booking info, head to the official site.
Here’s a video.Cool Posts From Around the Web: