Star Wars Bits: Billy Dee Williams Believes He’ll Be in a Movie; Plus J.J. Abrams, Stormtroopers, Rebels, Matthew Vaughn and Celebration
Posted on Tuesday, February 10th, 2015 by Germain Lussier
You’re in luck today because there’s a whole bunch of great information in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker are first actors confirmed for Star Wars Celebration.
- Matthew Vaughn would love to direct a Star Wars movie.
- Watch J.J. Abrams accept a visual effects award, mention directing Star Wars.
- Mackenzie Davis was reportedly also up for the Star Wars standalone.
- Three major characters are rumored to appear in the Star Wars Rebels Season Two premiere.
- Mark Hamill did a great Don’t Talk PSA for the Alamo Drafthouse.
- Marvel’s Princess Leia comic has over 250,000 pre-orders; See a few new covers.
- John Boyega talks about Star Wars: The Force Awakens excitement.
- Female Stormtroopers are canon.
- A small update on the production status of the Star Wars standalone.
- Billy Dee Williams thinks he’ll appear in a new Star Wars movie.
- Could Han Solo appear in Star Wars Rebels?
- See a homemade Millennium Falcon drone.
- Get a glimpse of what Princess Leia’s outfit might look like in The Force Awakens.
Star Wars Celebration just announced that original trilogy and sequel trilogy actors Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker will all be in attendance. Also, the new app for the show has been revealed. Star Wars Celebration takes place April 16-18.
A few years back, everyone though Matthew Vaughn was going to direct Star Wars: The Force Awakens. It didn’t happen though, with the director going off to make Kingsman: The Secret Service. But now that that film is over, Vaughn told Comic Book that he’d be very interested in directing either a Star Wars movie or Indiana Jones movie. Read more at the link.
Remember last weekend when J.J. Abrams was interviewed on the red carpet about Star Wars: The Force Awakens? That was when he was on hand to accept the Visual Effects Society Visionary Award. Here’s his acceptance speech:
Felicity Jones won a key role in Gareth Edwards‘ Star Wars standalone movie and beat out a bunch of famous actresses. However, according to Meet the Movie Press, one that he hadn’t heard was Mackenzie Davis, star of Halt and Catch Fire.
Star Wars Rebels season two will premiere at Star Wars Celebration in April and, a new rumor says three major characters will appear. They are (highlight to read): Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, Ahsoka Tano. The first two make total sense. The third has been rumored for a while, and would be a huge deal for fans. Again, this is still just a rumor, but a fun one.
Mark Hamill‘s Don’t Talk PSA from the Alamo Drafthouse is awesome. Check it out.
Marvel is experiencing huge success with Star Wars. We already know about the main Star Wars comic doing (extremely, extremely) well and Darth Vader #1 is doing well too. Now, Comic Book reports Princess Leia #1 is also experiencing huge pre-orders, around 250,000 before an early March release. They also released a few new variant covers. Head there to see more.