Star Wars Bits: Rogue One Physics, Finn and Rey Interviews, Jedi Set Photos, Force Awakens Reactions
Posted on Tuesday, April 28th, 2015 by Germain Lussier
The bits are flying all over the place in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- John Knoll talks physics of the Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One teaser trailer.
- Read the first official interviews given by John Boyega and Daisy Ridley for The Force Awakens.
- Watch some more reaction videos to the latest Force Awakens trailer.
- See a visual breakdown of every musical moment in the Star Wars series.
- Kathleen Kennedy talks about secrecy surrounding The Force Awakens.
- Check out a supercut of every single character in the Star Wars saga.
- Mark Hamill released some personal photos from the set of Return of the Jedi.
- Did J.J. Abrams film some of The Force Awakens in the world’s third largest cave?
- Find out some answers to burning questions regarding Star Wars Battlefront.
- A spoiler filled scene from Star Wars: The Force Awakens is described.
Header image by Star Wars Celebration artist Craig Drake. Click there for full image.
Even if you weren’t at Star Wars Celebration to see it, odds are you read about the teaser trailer for Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One, created specifically as a tease. It featured a view of the Death Star from a nearby forest planet and while the effect was beautiful and awe-inspiring, some felt it was scientifically incorrect. Well, John Knoll – one of the film’s producers who came up with the original idea – talked to Ain’t It Cool News about the physics of the shot, and all they imply. Fascinating stuff.
Entertainment Weekly got a pretty great exclusive recently, in that they were the only outlet who got to cover the Star Wars: The Force Awakens panel from backstage. The new issue has some great insight but, online, you can read the first interviews given by John Boyega and Daisy Ridley about the film. There’s no real insight, it’s more about them, but their enthusiasm is infections.
While personally I think my reaction to the Force Awakens trailer (which you can see here) is pretty spectacular, there are others who have been uploading their reactions to the interview. Pajiba has a few, including the sound in the room at Celebration and a bunch of babies, but this is one of my favorites, and probably the most viral:
This is pretty epic. A Reddit user tracked all of John Williams‘ themes through the Star Wars movies and made the data into a nice visual guide.
The BBC spoke to Kathleen Kennedy at Star Wars Celebration and talked about some interesting stuff. My favorite is this bit about the secrecy surrounding The Force Awakens.
We don’t do it because we’re being overly precious. We do it because we’re really trying to protect the story for fans and for the audience when the movie comes out. It’s, I think, what people want us to do. And even so, there are people who pride themselves on getting information. So we’ve gone out of our way to make sure that we can dole out enough information and try to confirm certain things along the way and not keep everything secret. But for the most part we’re trying to keep a lid on as much as we can. And it’s not easy in the world of the internet.
Check out this supercut of every character in all the Star Wars movies via Coponfilms.