Posted on Monday, June 1st, 2015 by Germain Lussier
There’s lots of fun stuff to discuss in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One writer Chris Weitz asks for the help of Neil deGrasse Tyson.
- Carrie Fisher may have autographed herself into a Star Wars: The Force Awakens spoiler.
- The second Star Wars Anthology film is reportedly still on track for 2018.
- See a quick preview of the Lando Marvel Comic.
- A new official Star Wars canon timeline has been released.
- The books set between Return of the Jedi and Force Awakens will be called The Aftermath Trilogy.
- Season one of Star Wars Rebels may hit Blu-ray in September.
- Several European release dates for Star Wars: The Force Awakens are revealed.
- How many Funko Pop figures based on The Force Awakens will there be?
- John Williams is currently scoring Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
We know a little about the story of Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One, but now we know there are some science themes as well. The film’s writer, Chris Weitz, took to to Twitter to throw out a hail mary to noted astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson for help on the film.
— Chris Weitz (@chrisweitz) May 31, 2015
Carrie Fisher (whose hand is seen above from the latest Force Awakens trailer) was at a convention in Dallas over the weekend and signed her autograph in a very curious way. Revenge of the 5th was there and here’s the image.
That says “Mrs. H Solo,” so maybe that’s a spoiler, and maybe it’s not.
At a recent Brazilian Disney event, a presentation looked ahead to the future. Most of what was on there we knew but a look at 2018-2019 offered up a few surprises. First were the non-Star Wars inclusions but they also had the second Star Wars Anthology film, which is currently without a director, on the slate. That suggests it’s still on track to be the fourth Star Wars film released. Then again, this still referred to it as a “Spin Off Film” and we now know that’s not the official distinction. I’d be cautious, but optimistic, with this information. Thanks to Making Star Wars.
JediNews picked up the below tweet of a brand new Star Wars canon timeline, which added the video game Battlefront.
— Florian B (@DarthSpiriah) May 31, 2015
At the recent event BookCon, Marvel previewed some pages from their upcoming Lando comic which revealed that Lobot appears early on! Star Wars Underworld noticed the tweets from Stitch Kingdom, here’s just one example:
— Stitch Kingdom (@stitchkingdom) May 30, 2015