Posted on Monday, June 29th, 2015 by Ethan Anderton
I want to learn the ways of the Star Wars Bits and become a Jedi Knight like my father. Here’s what we have in today’s round up of news from a galaxy far, far away
- Release date for Star Wars Rebels Season One on Blu-Ray and DVD
- The Force Awakens novelization author talks adapting the movie
- Dave Filoni on Sabine’s new look in Star Wars Rebels
- You choose the next Star Wars Black Series figure!
- The Force Awakens promo banner appears with First Order Stormtrooper
- Rumors of The Force Awakens locations being reused for Episode VIII
- Lucasfilm clarifies chronology of The Clone Wars Legacy conent
- Star Wars Battlefront puts a focus on multiplayer gameplay
- Rumors on who Rey’s parents may or may not be
StarWars.com announced the first season of Star Wars: Rebels will hit Blu-Ray and DVD on September 1st:
Here’s the special features with each version:
DVD Bonus Features:
- Rebels Recon: 14 Behind-the-Scenes featurettes
- Star Wars Rebels – The Ultimate Guide
- Star Wars Rebels Season 2 – A Look Ahead
Blu-ray Bonus Features:
- Rebels Infiltrates Star Wars Celebration
- Season One shorts: “The Machine in the Ghost”, “Art Attack”, “Entanglement”, “Property of Ezra Bridger”
- All DVD Bonus (as seen above)
Author Alan Dean Foster, the man writing the novelization of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, talks a bit about the access he was given to in order to do his job. The author says:
“Just the screenplay, plus some concept art and production visuals. I really wanted to have access to the latter so that if I describe something, or someone, in the book, it matches what actually appears on the screen. You know how fans are. If I give someone sideburns and in the film that character appears without them, it will give rise to 468 blog entries.”
You can read more about his work on the book at MakingStarWars.net over here.
If you’ve been watching Star Wars Rebels, then you know that Sabine has a new look. Executive producer Dave Filoni talked about why they changed the character a little bit, and it makes perfect sense:
“Changing things up has to do with her interaction with Darth Vader — in that episode she does a pretty bold thing and takes aim at him at one point and fires at him, which doesn’t go so well for her because she doesn’t know who this guy is. So after that attempt on Vader, she gets blasted back and carbon scores her helmet and decides to change up her whole look after that –- kind of a new Sabine after that experience.”
Read more of what Filoni had to say at Fashionably Geek.
If you’re a fan of the Black Series action figure line, more specifically the detailed and impressive 6-inch line-up, then we have good news. You get to help choose what the next figure in the series will be. Head over to StarWars.com to find out how to vote. Pretty much any character in the Star Wars universe, including the non-canon Expanded Universe, is fair game. You have until June 30th to get your vote in.
— Eric Patrick Cameron (@TheSuperJedi) June 28, 2015