Star Wars Bits: George Lucas Has Seen ‘Force Awakens’ Trailer,’ Mark Hamill Talks Millennium Falcon, ‘Star Wars #1’
Posted on Monday, January 19th, 2015 by Germain Lussier
Comic book, TV shows and of course The Force Awakens are all covered in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Mark Hamill reveals he boards the Millennium Falcon in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- A UK reporter uncovers several young actors reportedly cast in The Force Awakens.
- George Lucas has now seen The Force Awakens teaser trailer.
- Oscar Isaac uses a surprising word to describe Poe Dameron.
- Check out the Star Wars #1 Loot Crate variant cover.
- Is there a Force Awakens easter egg in Star Wars #1?
- Watch a featurette on Star Wars #1.
- See sketches from Kanan: The Last Padawan comic.
- Is there a Lando Calrissian comic coming out too?
- Will Marvel do comics set between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens?
- Read the titles of some upcoming episodes of Star Wars Rebels.
- The George Lucas Museum may end up in LA if Chicago doesn’t work out.
- Three rumored pieces of Star Wars: The Force Awakens concept art leak.
Mark Hamill is out talking about his latest film, Kingsman: The Secret Service, and of course is getting asked about Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Most of what he’s saying isn’t new, but Extra TV got him to divulge a cool little tidbit – that Luke once again boards the Millennium Falcon in the film. Or, at least Hamill walked aboard during filming. You can listen to Hamill talk about what that was like at this link, but here’s the quote:
I can’t describe the feeling… the déjà vu of walking onto the Millennium Falcon, remembering all these details that they’ve gotten exactly right… It still seems surreal to me and hard to believe it’s actually happening.
With principal photography on The Force Awakens completed, it’s funny that we’re still hearing about actors cast in the film. But alas, we are. UK journalist Lizo Mzimba found out that an actress named Amybeth Hargreaves is playing a female Stormtrooper in the film. Whether or not we’ll see the actress, if she’s doubling someone or something else, is unclear. But the role is listed on her resume. Read more at Star Wars Underworld.
Also of note, Star Wars 7 News found a longer list of people who have small roles/jobs on the film. Visit that link to read about it.
A few weeks back, George Lucas said he hadn’t seen the trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Well, he couldn’t resist and finally did watch it. The New York Post asked him about it and Lucas coyly responded: “I saw the trailer. I saw it in a theater because I don’t watch movies online….Yeah, it was intriguing.”
“Intriguing” is the word I’d use for this quote from Oscar Isaac too. Talking to The Latin Post, the actor said the following about portraying Poe Dameron in The Force Awakens:
With “Star Wars” it was about creating a believable person in this massive fantastic universe.
Marvel’s Star Wars #1 came out last week to lots of excitement, mostly over the great story but also the hundreds of variant covers. One of the final covers to be revealed was the one below, available exclusively via Loot Crate. The last day to grab on is Monday, read more at this link. (Also of note, the issue is going into a second and probably even third printing.)
Star Wars #1 also has, what we believe, is a small easter egg for The Force Awakens in it. The below image, captured by JediNews, appears to reveal a character we know is in the sequel, as per J.J. Abrams‘ first set video. Very interesting.