Posted on Thursday, January 8th, 2015 by Germain Lussier
This latest Star Wars Bits might be the most jam-packed yet. Below, read about the following:
- Kylo Ren may be on all the Star Wars: The Force Awakens toy packaging and those toys might be out September 4.
- Read about 13 brand new Star Wars Lego sets including some from The Force Awakens.
- Fanboys director Kyle Newman will present an original Star Wars live read at Star Wars Celebration.
- Buy cute Force Awakens inspired art prints of Finn, Rey and Poe.
- Drew Struzan is once again rumored to be working on the Force Awakens poster.
- Watch a five minute video about the locations of Return of the Jedi.
- What did Oscar Isaac‘s latest costar Jessica Chastain think of The Force Awakens trailer?
- Check out two collections coming soon of Star Wars comics published by Dark Horse.
- ComiXology just added a ton of Star Wars content.
- Rumor has it Marvel’s Star Wars #1 will have no less than 100 variant covers.
- Wired figured out how fast Rey’s speeder goes in The Force Awakens.
- BB-8 has more than meets the eye, according to rumored concept art.
Header image: Fan art by Love Carmichael on Deviant Art.
One of the things that makes Star Wars Star Wars is the merchandise. It’s the beating heart of the franchise so with 11 months to go until Star Wars: The Force Awakens hits theaters, you knew we’d start to hear about the merchandise. Previous Star Wars Bits have had links to rumor prototype figures and lists and today there’s a bit more. JediNews reports that the merchandise from the film will begin to hit shelves on September 4. Making Star Wars adds, and it’s a tidbit we’d heard as well, that the film’s main villain, Kylo Ren, would be on the packaging. This kind of makes sense if you think about Darth Maul appearing on some packaging and Darth Vader some other.
JediNews also has a list of a ton of as-yet-unannounced Star Wars Lego sets. Original trilogy packages have names, but Force Awakens packages do not. Those just have set numbers and prices, ranging from £15 to £130. Hit the link for more.
This is awesome. Another event has been announced for Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim. It’s called Star Wars: Smuggler’s Bounty and tells a non-canon Han Solo story set during the original trilogy. Co-written and directed by Fanboys director Kyle Newman, it’ll feature voice actors from The Clone Wars and more. You can read more about it, including a plot description, on StarWars.com.
Artist Sam’s Myth has made these super cute, Force Awakens art pieces, available in his store here. There are only 15 of each 5 x 5 image of Finn, Rey and Poe as well as 15 sets of all three. Of those 15 sets, three will come with a mystery 4th character. Visit the link.
Drew Struzan has been doing posters for Star Wars for as long as the franchise existed. He also did the theatrical one sheets for the last six live action feature releases, the Special Editions and Prequel trilogy. So it’s been rumored for years (most recently, this past May) that he’d be back to do The Force Awakens. Well, that rumor is popping up once again thanks to Schmoes Know. They say it’s a “done deal” but we probably won’t know for sure until the summer when the final poster is released.