Posted on Monday, February 2nd, 2015 by Germain Lussier
Lucasfilm is finally cracking down on Force Awakens leaks. That’s just one of the news bits in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Lucasfilm has filed a lawsuit against an Internet user who posted images from Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- British actor Aidan Cook may be in The Force Awakens as a creature actor.
- George Lucas appeared at the Sundance Film Festival and didn’t have nice things to say about Hollywood.
- Freddie Prinze Jr. Talks Star Wars Rebels Season One and Two, which will be nearly double the length.
- Billy Dee Williams will return as Lando in Star Wars Rebels.
- See a preview of Marvel’s Star Wars #2.
- Oscar Isaac has some strong words about fan reaction to Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- How did Star Wars: The Force Awakens take over Toy Fair in Germany?
- A huge batch of potential plot spoilers for The Force Awakens have made it online.
- There are also some possible descriptions of Han, Leia and Chewbacca’s costumes in the film.
If you’re like me, you’ve wondered why Lucasfilm has allowed so much possible concept art from Star Wars: The Force Awakens to leak online. Well, that’s over. Courtroom News reports that the company has begun to crack down, seeking legal action against a user who posted some images back in late October. Read more at that link.
Star Wars 7 News saw that British actor Aidan Cook has updated his website with Star Wars: The Force Awakens on his resume. It also says he spent lots of last year as “one of the principal creature performers on a yet to be released film.”
George Lucas is pretty bitter since leaving Hollywood behind him with the sale of Lucasfilm. At the Sundance Film Festival over the weekend, he appeared on a panel with Robert Redford to discuss the industry and didn’t have many nice things to say. Watch the whole panel below.
YodaNews talked to Freddie Prinze Jr., the voice of Kanan from Star Wars Rebels, about the role and Prinze offered some interesting teases for the end of season 1 and season 2. Here’s the quote:
The end of season one Kanan will know what it means to be a Jedi. The selflessness necessary to be considered a master. Season 2 he learns how to let go. You’ll learn his pain, in detail, in a scene Dave and I recorded in private. Kanan breaks down and gives you everything you’ve been wondering.
Speaking of upcoming episodes of Star Wars Rebels, Prinze confirmed on Twitter that the second season will have almost twice the amount of episodes. Plus, Billy Dee Williams confirmed to Cinelinx that he will return as Lando in some upcoming episodes of the Disney XD series.
Star Wars #2 hits later this week and Comic Book Resources has preview of a few pages. Here’s just one.