Star Wars Bits: Could ‘Battlefront’ Link to ‘The Force Awakens?’ Plus Rebels, Harrison Ford and Blu-rays
Posted on Tuesday, February 17th, 2015 by Germain Lussier
Lots of great discussion points in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Star Wars Battlefront might tie into Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Watch Harrison Ford predict his Force Awakens leg injury back in 1980.
- If you’re attending Star Wars Celebration, both the Dodgers and Angels are having Star Wars nights.
- Read a potential line Han Solo says in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- A new rumor about who Domhnall Gleeson is playing in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- The Star Wars Rebels season 1 finale will air on March 2.
- Watch two clips from the next episode of Star Wars Rebels.
- Lucasfilm employees are auctioning off original artwork for charity.
- See some fake, but interesting, mockups of rumored original trilogy Star Wars Blu-rays.
If Star Wars: The Force Awakens is the most anticipated Star Wars event of the year, number two has to be Star Wars: Battlefront, the new game from Electronic Arts. You can see a previously released piece of concept art above but Making Star Wars got a bunch of potential details on the game.
They include which Star Wars eras it spans, info on the online play and more. But the biggest piece of information is that “The last section of the campaign takes place before and during the opening segments of The Force Awakens. Don’t expect anything too revealing, because the game is expected to ship about a month before the movie releases.” Also, downloadable content will add more Force Awakens characters. Head to the link for a ton of other specifics.
Harrison Ford‘s leg injury on the set of The Force Awakens forced a bunch of changes in production. However, what’s really odd about it is it was the culmination of a throwaway line Ford delivered in a BBC special in 1980 about the risks of making a Star Wars sequel. Then, The Empire Strikes Back. The exact clip is at 1:15. Thanks to Yahoo.
Attending Star Wars Celebration but also like baseball? Both the Los Angeles Dodgers and the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim are having Star Wars Nights around the same time. Click on those links to buy tickets.
Making Star Wars got an email from an extra in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. And while there aren’t many details in the report, the extra did hear Harrison Ford deliver a line of dialogue. Highlight to read the line here: “I can get us in there but they won’t have a hug for me, sweetheart.” What do you think?
We’ve talked ad nauseum about rumors concerning who Domhnall Gleeson could be playing in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Here’s something we wrote a while back but now, Star Wars 7 News, has another idea. It’s almost totally speculative but, worth mentioning. It’s all summed up by this photo right here. And you can read more at the link.