Star Wars Bits: J.J. Abrams’ Favorite Fan Theory, Launch Bay Launches, Light Side & Dark Side Ice Cream
Posted on Wednesday, December 2nd, 2015 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- J.J. Abrams talks Han Solo, Kylo Ren, and much more.
- Take in a video tour of Disney World’s Star Wars Launch Bay.
- See every original trilogy vehicle and ship to scale.
- A Force Awakens co-producer explains how she got that sweet gig.
- Abu Dhabi will host The Force Awakens‘ Middle East premiere.
- Carrie Fisher has also noticed the dearth of Leia merchandise.
- Ooh and ahh over a customized Stormtrooper Fiat.
- Ample Hills Creamery serves up Star Wars-branded ice cream.
- Gwendoline Christie models a Chrome Trooper dress.
J.J. Abrams recently sat down for a Sirius XM Town Hall, and while the full audio won’t be available for another several days, EW has dished out some tasty morsels to whet our appetites. Above is Abrams spilling his favorite wacky fan theory; below, he weighs in on whether Han shot first. Hear all the clips on Soundcloud.
The Star Wars Launch Bay at Walt Disney World has finally, officially opened doors. For those of us who can’t make it to Orlando quite yet, Inside the Magic has posted a cool video tour which you can see above.
Everyone knows what a Tauntaun or a TIE fighter or a Death Star looks like. But do you know how they stack up against one another? Artist Scott Park has illustrated every vehicle and spaceship from the original trilogy to scale, and Sploid put them all together in a cute little video. Watch it above.
Michelle Rejwan has what many of us would call a dream job — she’s a co-producer on Star Wars: The Force Awakens. But just a few years ago, she was a (relatively) lowly casting assistant. So how’d she get up that ladder? Rejwan explains in an interview with Marie Claire:
Never settle for good when something can be great. When numerous pressures are coming at you, it can be seductive to think you’ve done all you can do. But if J.J. hears an idea that makes something better— no matter who it comes from—he’ll fight to do it. That’s become a core value in my approach to my job.
The cast and crew of Star Wars: The Force Awakens are heading back to Abu Dhabi, but this time they won’t be in sweaty costumes and props. The UAE capital, which stood in for the desert planet of Jakku, will host the Middle East premiere of the movie on December 16, reports THR.