Star Wars Bits: Is Mads Mikkelsen A ‘Rogue One’ Villain? Force Awakens X-Wing Squadrons, Boba Fett and More
Posted on Tuesday, August 25th, 2015 by Peter Sciretta
In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits, we taker a look at the following items:
- Details on Mads Mikkelsen Role in Star Wars: Rogue One.
- How many X-Wing Squadrons can we expect in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- An official description of the Star Wars Launch Bay exhibit space being added to Disneyland.
- How Boba Fett will be used in Star Wars Battlefront.
- How big is a Super Star Destroyer? Is it bigger than Manhattan?
- How will Target handle Force Friday?
- Poster Posse is teaming with ACME Archives and LucasFilm for an official Star Wars art show.
- And above is a fan design for a LucasLand theme park. While its not what Disney’s Star Wars Land is going to look like, I thought it would be fun to feature.
All this and more. Hit the jump to go to hyperspeed.
We’ve known that Star Wars: Battlefront will allow you to play as Boba Fett, but we haven’t been told how that will work until now. EA and DICE have made a post explaining how the character can be played and what equipment he will have available to him in the game. According to senior producer Jamie Keen:
As originally portrayed in the films, Boba Fett has a wealth of gadgets at his disposal but we only see him use a fraction of these in the films. There’s much more than the jetpack and blaster rifle going on. Boba Fett’s got a disintegrator pistol, a flame pack in one arm, rockets, dart launchers, and even lasers. So there was a lot to choose from before we wound up with the final loadout.
So you’ll be about to fly around the arena to gain a height advantage on opponents but Boba Fett’s jetpack will have a limited amount of fuel so you’ll have to recharge in between uses. According to the developer, playing as Fett will rely a lot on how the gamer balances his skills and cooldowns:
One of the things I enjoy watching is seeing people chain attacks together and using the systems to their best. Managing cooldowns is part of it, too. We’ve seen players coming up with tactics that we haven’t thought about, and that is truly awesome,
September 4th marks “Force Friday,” the day Disney will release all of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens merchandise worldwide. CosmicBookNews has learned how Target stores will be handling the event:
- 207 Target stores are opening at midnight on Force Friday, September 4th. Check target.com and enter your zip code to find participating stores.
- While not every Target story is participating in the midnight launch, Target stores are participating in “Share The Force Saturday,” which is labeled as an “exciting in-store event that will include an exclusive giveaway and unique interactive photo opportunities got guests to #sharetheforce on social media.” The front of the stores will have stormtrooper door clings, an “interactive Chewbacca stanchion” and an overhead TIE fighter. In the seasonal department, Target stores will have an X-Wing fight cockpit photo op and an overheard TIE fighter/X-Wing fight scene.
- Each store will also have one or two 48″ Darth Vaders that will retail at $99.99.
Head to CosmicBookNews for photos and much more.