Paramount was supposedly howing off the new trailer for JJ Abrams’ Star Trek on a 15 minute loop on the lot on Friday. Here is a brief decryption of what you will see:
- A 60′s style corvette convertible tears down the road, a policeman in hot pursuit.
- The driver, a 13-year-old boy, leaps from the car right as it goes off a cliff.
- Reveal: the policeman has a hover bike
- The Policeman asks “Who are you? What’s Your Name?” The boy answers “James Tiberius Kirk!”
- Kirk years later, a young man (Chris Pine) is riding a hover bike
- Voice Over: “You never found yourself here, you never really fit in. What you choose to do with you’re life is up to you.
- Young kirk stares at a huge futuristic structure, possibly Star Fleet headquarters or the factory where the Enterprise is being constructed
- Maybe you were meant for something different, something… bigger.”
- Shots of Spock as a baby, toddler, and then a 20-something-year-old Spock yelling at Kirk
- Quick cuts of spaceships and lots of other fun stuff
You can read the full description over at AICN. It doesn’t sound exactly what I was expecting, especially the beginning sequence. The trailer will likely be attached to Quantum of Solace when it hits American theaters on November 14th 2008.